League of Legends Lunar Revel Series - 2/1/14 3PM EST

MadCast: VoShay

p58Dt1z.png

“Welcome, Welcome! Thank you for visiting my humble stall. Are you interested in a Dragon bun? Said to be filled with the very essence of the Dragon? No? Perhaps one of my magically infused Horse Spirit tokens? They tap into the very essence of the Zodiac, and that fearsome spirit of the Shadow Lands! No? Hmm... perhaps you would be interested in a small.. competition. An... evening of showmanship and sport! Yes? Does that strike your fancy? Good... good. I am but a humble purveyor of facts and trinkets, my good fellow. For a small...”

The distinct sound of money changing hands is heard.

“Let me tell you everything I know about the Lunar Revel Series.”

Welcome to the official celebration of the New Year! While some may have celebrated according to some cold, mechanical computation a month prior, today is the first day of the real New Year! The Lunar New Year! Join us in our Revel as we celebrate the coming year with a competition that will be remembered for the ages! Before you begin, however, you must understand the rules governing this auspicious event!

1- The tournament will be held on Summoner's Rift using the 5v5 draft format. The Series is a Swiss Tournament, where every round of play each team plays against a similar team in points earned. 1 point is earned for victory, 0 points are earned for defeat. There will be 4 rounds of play. The final score will be your score, plus the scores of the opponents you defeated- this will break ties in favor of those defeating more difficult opponents.

2- Teams will be drafted by a Captain. These Captains will be selected from among players who indicate they play the 'support role.' If you indicate Support role as a preference, especially a first choice preference, you are also indicating you are okay with being selected as Captain in the event it is necessary. You may still indicate you want to not be first choice of Captains. Draft will be in Support (starting Captains), Mid, Top, Jungle, ADC choose order, and drafting order will be determined by the seeded position of each player. The player with the highest skill according to a sorting algorithm created by Hyndesyte will be placed in the 8 seed, and all the way up to the 1st seed for each role. Pick will then precede from 1st to 8th, with orders being based on the last pick. An an example, If you pick the 8th seeded Jungler, you then pick last in the ADC draft.

3- Promptness is expected. Players must be present at the start of the draft to be counted for tournament play.

4- Those present but not signed up will be considered alternates. Priority for spots goes to those signed up.

5- All levels are welcome. There will, however, be no restrictions on runes, masteries, or pages thereof.

6- If you sign up and do not attend, you cannot participate in the next MadCast tournament run by the Head LoL Admin.

7- I will lead a dedicated team consisting of our casters and tourney assistants. We will handle all disputes or issues, and I (MadCast: VoShay) will have the final say.

8- All FM+ members of MadCast, as well as our candidates, are allowed to participate.

The tournament will be held on Feburary 1st 2014, at 3:30 PM. All entrants must be there no later than 3:00 PM to begin the draft.

We are hoping to field enough casting teams to showcase nearly all games, depending on staffing. Prize Support will be sought, depending on signups.

To enter, please post in the following format:

Summoner Name: VoShay
Level: 30
Primary Role: Jungle
Secondary Role: Toplane
Least Preferred Role: ADC
Looking to Captain: Yes or No

See you soon...

Edit: We have Riot Prize Support! As long as 8 teams of 5 are fielded (40 folks), the top 4 teams will receive RP (and for the top team a skin) from Riot! Get out there and spread the word!

Summoner Name: Yoooshi

Primary Role: ADC

Secondary Role: Mid

Least Preferred Role: Support

Looking to Captain: Yes (even though I'm not trying to play support...In case there aren't enough Captains) 

Awards

Summoner Name: pacov

Primary Role:  Jungler

Secondary Role: ADC/Support

Least Pref Role:  I like em all

Looking to Captain: Nope, but I can to help out if needed

Awards