MadCast: Emaxxy

Braum- The Heart of the Freljord

Well Riot has officially announced Braum. He appeared in that poro video a week or so ago. By the looks of it he's a tanky support. I don't really like melee champions so he doesn't interest me THAT much, but hopefully he breaks up the Leona/Thresh/Morgana/Lulu support meta!

Anyways official announcement link:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/node/14521

A lot of his strategy lies around his passive, which is exciting since you don't get much tangible, instant feedback from other support's passives. Having the option of auto-attacks or his Q applying the debuff takes away some of his "melee champion" limitations. I can see myself playing a lot of him. Crazy plays and clutch "you shall not pass!" moments incoming!

Braum can move while using Unbreakable, meaning he can reposition with his ally as they head towards the safety of their tower, or as the enemy team moves to flank around the shield. Braum is also able to continue attacking and casting abilities while he shields with Unbreakable - landing the slow from Winter’s Bite while moving back deters enemy junglers and marksmen still further.

I agree... pretty excited for this champ.  Probably since thresh.  and before the leona.

I see brahm more of a resistance soak then a full tank.  because although he is tanking the damage, is it also forcing a soak as well.  Great counter to MF and Luc.

Passive - Concussive Blows: I really like this for champs like Ezreal and Cait.  kinda gives them an optional stun after Brahm starts it off.  The only thing I dont like about it is its like Udyrs, but takes a crap ton longer because you need 4 stacks.  And it has a longer down time in exchange for extra damage, from the support/tank... meh.    I am sure with AS items and team fights will proc each round faster. So end game looks really good for this.  I am wondering if there is a CD on hitting multiple targets, or just the one?  Because hit one +3 autos from 4 other team mates, stun, switch targets with no CD, do it again.  sounds like a massive team fight swing.

Q: ranged passive proc that adds slow and scales off his health stats.  I am guessing this is maxed first in other lanes.  So Face of the mountain and sight stones will give this skill an early advantage, pending the scale ratio.  And it will scale well into late game with added health items and passive health gain from leveling.

W: major support and positioning skill.  Might max first or bounce up like Leona E/Q when on support.  Might have to be his main initiation skill but it is strongly pending on positioning of your team.  So flash might have to be the main initiation tool besides the ult.  But even then, the passive take a few blows to proc..

E: Great counter shield for Luc and MF.  Luc has been one of the top contested picks in Elite play.  So this would make Brahm a strong counter.  Long cool down would see limited use in siege play though like Morg shield.

R: Shorter ranged Nami ult that allows Brahm to stay with the carries to peal.  slow field helps champs like Luc and Ziggs for AoE damage targeting.  This will be his main initiation tool.  Wonder what the CD is.

SIDE NOTE: Would have loved to see his Q in URF mode 0.o

Edited by MadCast: Sabre Wolf

His ult is fundamentally different than Nami. Nami ult has a short cast time, very long range, and a slow that scales as the missile travels. It's knockup is consistent throughout. The increasing slow time and consistent knockup makes Nami ult more powerful against back-liners than front-liners if they don't dodge it.

Braum ultimate leaves a slow zone on the ground where it travels, making it a stronger counter-engage and giving it zone control power. Also, the slow actually applied to targets is short, but refreshes while they are inside the zone, meaning that positioning the zone is very important rather than just the initial hit. Finally, Braum's knockup on the ult is 1.5 seconds for the first target and very short for all the targets after that, giving you more ability to play around where you leave the zone by reducing the power as the spell travels past the front-line into the back-line.

Edited by MadCast: HyndeSyte2020

I am sooooooooooo excited for this champion. Supports are rare enough as is, but the last one was what, Thresh early last year? Gah!

Anyways, this guy is something I didn't even know I was craving, a truly defensive support champion. He looks like he will just be soooooooo much fun. I, for one, am growing tired of seeing Leona in literally every game; so hopefully this guy will change things up a bit. I could see him being a unique niche champion that protects long range characters like kog maw.

well dont forget.. they are rolling out champs slower and also remaking champs at the same time.  Take Twitch for example.