MadCast Karaoke: Disney Songs

Kit

012_zpsb094be40.jpg

MadCast Karaoke: Disney Songs

Sunday, June 15, at 7pm EST

Rules

1. Either turn on push to talk or mute your mic while people are singing.

2. Use continuous transmission while singing. (Settings->Options->Capture)

3. Do not record anyone singing (other than yourself).

4. Have fun!

Theme

The theme this month is Disney songs! This is only a suggestion and doesn't have strict limitations. So bust out your favorites and let's rock this house down!

Transmitting Music and Vocals

If you want to transmit your Karaoke instrumentals and your voice over Teamspeak, you can! The following is a simple guide for doing so using Realtek Stereo Mix, a pre-installed recording device on many computers (any computer with a Realtek soundcard).

1. Go to your volume control, the speaker in the bottom right on the taskbar, and right-click. Open Recording Devices. Once there, right-click inside the dialog box and make sure Disabled and Disconnected Devices are checked so they are visible. If you do not see Stereo Mix, you'll be unable to procede and will have to find a different, more professional manner of transmission.

2. Go to your standard TS microphone, right-click on properties, and go to the Listen tab. You'll see a 'listen to this device' checkbox and drop-down. Choose your primary speakers (probably ones not on your ears) and check it. When you speak into the microphone, you should hear yourself over those speakers. This means your microphone and any sound you play on your computer will transmit over the speakers- which are 'recorded/listened to/transmitted' by Stereo Mix automatically.

3. Create a Teamspeak Profile with the 'Stereo Mix' as your capture device using continuous transmission. You can change from normal to this Karaoke profile in the Self->Capture settings.

4. Modify the Levels in Stereo Mix, Microphone, and your Speakers. The purpose is to get a good sound without feedback. If your Speakers are too close to and/or facing your headset, this may prove difficult or impossible.

5. Enjoy Singing with Accompaniment!

I'll probably sing if I think of a song. I just have this really bad problem of becoming really self conscious after a verse or two if nobody else chimes in. XD

Also, yea, mad love for Munsa's selection. Tim Curry is the bomb...

Whoever gets to it first, gets it. XD I'm just hoping we don't see five different versions of it.

I wouldn't pick it, can't be upstaging Idina. XD

No, I don't think anywhere near that highly of my singing ability... but I have some ideas for songs from other movies that I would rather do.

Well, from what I understand, Karaoke isn't about singing well, it's about singing your heart out and making people listen to you, and them clapping for you even if you do bad or good. XD

Well, from what I understand, Karaoke isn't about singing well, it's about singing your heart out and making people listen to you, and them clapping for you even if you do bad or good. XD

NO.

We are unto gods of rock.

Don't make me break out The Darkness.