MadCast Karaoke: Television Tunes

Kit

012_zpsb094be40.jpg

MadCast Karaoke: Television Tunes

Sunday, September 14th at 8pm EST

Rules

1. Either turn on push to talk or mute your mic while people are singing.

2. Use continuous transmission while singing. (Settings->Options->Capture)

3. Do not record anyone singing (other than yourself).

4. Have fun!

Theme

The theme this month is television theme songs and movie ballads! So Welcome Back, Kotter and get ready for The Big Bang Theory because this night will by one of those Happy Days!   This is only a suggestion and doesn't have strict limitations.

Transmitting Music and Vocals

If you want to transmit your Karaoke instrumentals and your voice over Teamspeak, you can! The following is a simple guide for doing so using Realtek Stereo Mix, a pre-installed recording device on many computers (any computer with a Realtek soundcard).

1. Go to your volume control, the speaker in the bottom right on the taskbar, and right-click. Open Recording Devices. Once there, right-click inside the dialog box and make sure Disabled and Disconnected Devices are checked so they are visible. If you do not see Stereo Mix, you'll be unable to procede and will have to find a different, more professional manner of transmission.

2. Go to your standard TS microphone, right-click on properties, and go to the Listen tab. You'll see a 'listen to this device' checkbox and drop-down. Choose your primary speakers (probably ones not on your ears) and check it. When you speak into the microphone, you should hear yourself over those speakers. This means your microphone and any sound you play on your computer will transmit over the speakers- which are 'recorded/listened to/transmitted' by Stereo Mix automatically.

3. Create a Teamspeak Profile with the 'Stereo Mix' as your capture device using continuous transmission. You can change from normal to this Karaoke profile in the Self->Capture settings.

4. Modify the Levels in Stereo Mix, Microphone, and your Speakers. The purpose is to get a good sound without feedback. If your Speakers are too close to and/or facing your headset, this may prove difficult or impossible.

5. Enjoy Singing with Accompaniment!

Oh karaoke - sounds like a lot of fun! I sing off-tune and wouldn't want to hurt your ears.  :lol: I'd like to listen to y'all though!

I don't know how often I say this, but karaoke isn't about singing well. XD It's about singing and having fun! We do allow spectators, even though they might be called on here and there. ;)

I don't know how often I say this, but karaoke isn't about singing well. XD It's about singing and having fun! We do allow spectators, even though they might be called on here and there.

Yeah, that is true. Point taken. xD I just haven't sang in public before.  :P And I don't have a mic (need to get one!) I would like to be a spectator though. So many great TV theme songs, and I'm a big TV watcher.

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously somebody must sing the theme for The Greatest American Hero.

I thought about it, or possibly the theme song to "Perfect Strangers"... There are so many possibilities. Saved by the bell, pokemon.. gosh. (I don't even know if I could/would show up, but tv theme songs are my shit.)

Firstly, Kit you're awesome!! 

secondly, im so sad i missed the broadway one :(

I would love to come to these but unfortunately i work all day on sundays :( actually how long do these seem to run?

I usually let them run until 11pm. XD And people usually still stay in the channel after that. 

SOMEONE PLEASE REMIND ME OF THIS THE SATURDAY BEFORE PLEASE! I MISS U GUYS AND I WILL MOVE HEAVEN AND EARTH AND HELL TO BE HERE! yes i did caps on purpose

I'll make sure to bump this thread and quote you. =)