MadCast: Emaxxy

Azir- the Emperor of the Sands

So this is a huge surprise. We have a new champion on the horizon! His name is Azir. I'm guessing he will be a mid laner, what are your thoughts on him? I don't know if I like him that much, but I do like him better than Gnar. My biggest surprise is that they revealed him so soon after Gnar was released.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/champion-reveal/azir-emperor-of-the-sands

I played him on PBE. Takes a little while to get going. I see him being more effective in top lane.

An Emperor?! Riot made a champ just for me!  :D

Seeing the amount of zone control he has, I really want to try him as support.

Awards

To let people know, his soldiers have no self movement (requires q to be used to move them) and w has to be the first skill bought. He seems to be weak in lane against mobile champions, so fizz, kassadin, zed, talon, yasuo. Currently in PBE his ratios are a bit high same with base damages so I would expect them to lower slightly. Also it seems like the core items for him are Nashor's tooth and Rod of Ages, and so far building him with tanky items also seems to work, so things like Rylai's, Abyssal Scepter, and Zhonya's (maybe even Liandry's Torment?). And no, Lich Bane only works on the first auto done by a soldier after being summoned, not all of the autos :(

It's only my opinion and the way things seem to be now, so please don't get upset if I am wrong on things like his build. Also have only tried him out in the mid lane for pbe, so wouldn't know about his top lane prowess.

Awards

I see him for the top lane myself. Smaller area for the soldiers to really fill the lane up. Also tank items sound right. And my favorite AP champs are tank based for items. So he sounds good to me! Might be a little unwieldy at first though... meh. Its a Sherima champ, so WHO CARES!?!?!

Sent via cell phone

Edited by MadCast: Sabre Wolf