MadCast Karaoke: Monster Mash!

Kit

012_zpsb094be40.jpg

MadCast Karaoke: Monster Mash

Sunday, October 12th at 8pm EST

Rules

1. Either turn on push to talk or mute your mic while people are singing.

2. Use continuous transmission while singing. (Settings->Options->Capture)

3. Do not record anyone singing (other than yourself).

4. Have fun!

Theme

The theme this month is Halloween / Spooky themed songs! So invite over The Addams Family and Don't Fear the Reaper because this is going to be a Thriller of a Monster Mash!  This is only a suggestion and doesn't have strict limitations.

Transmitting Music and Vocals

If you want to transmit your Karaoke instrumentals and your voice over Teamspeak, you can! The following is a simple guide for doing so using Realtek Stereo Mix, a pre-installed recording device on many computers (any computer with a Realtek soundcard).

1. Go to your volume control, the speaker in the bottom right on the taskbar, and right-click. Open Recording Devices. Once there, right-click inside the dialog box and make sure Disabled and Disconnected Devices are checked so they are visible. If you do not see Stereo Mix, you'll be unable to procede and will have to find a different, more professional manner of transmission.

2. Go to your standard TS microphone, right-click on properties, and go to the Listen tab. You'll see a 'listen to this device' checkbox and drop-down. Choose your primary speakers (probably ones not on your ears) and check it. When you speak into the microphone, you should hear yourself over those speakers. This means your microphone and any sound you play on your computer will transmit over the speakers- which are 'recorded/listened to/transmitted' by Stereo Mix automatically.

3. Create a Teamspeak Profile with the 'Stereo Mix' as your capture device using continuous transmission. You can change from normal to this Karaoke profile in the Self->Capture settings.

4. Modify the Levels in Stereo Mix, Microphone, and your Speakers. The purpose is to get a good sound without feedback. If your Speakers are too close to and/or facing your headset, this may prove difficult or impossible.

5. Enjoy Singing with Accompaniment!

Edited by MadCast: Kit

I am already excited for Christmas and we still have Halloween and Thanksgiving in front of us. :P

We need more people to come karaoke with us! And feel free to leave song suggestions here even if you can't make it. Because I ran out of songs the last time! I'll be looking too. I thank Youtube and Google for existing.

Well I just meant holidays in general, we have not yet celebrated those two but I'm all hyped up about Christmas hehe. BUT YEAH SURE, we can sing about giving and friendship and togetherness. You know, the songs they sing in Barney that you love oh so much. :P

YEAH Fayea, I want to hear you sing! And Thrushh.

Edited by littlerascalroxy

I am already excited for Christmas and we still have Halloween and Thanksgiving in front of us. :P

We need more people to come karaoke with us! And feel free to leave song suggestions here even if you can't make it. Because I ran out of songs the last time! I'll be looking too. I thank Youtube and Google for existing.

I'm more then happy to provide potential songs for the bestest holiday of them all after all the genre of Psychobilly is ripe with opportunities!  before this turns into more of a wall of text I'll stop here but by no means should you there are so many great songs be it based on mood or topic. if you run out after this list kareoke must have gone well ^_^

PS: I really hope our "cyborg of music"  can bless us with something from Phantom of the Opera or Sweeney Todd. Its almost to perfect to pass up

The Creepshow

Sleep Tight

The Garden

Halloween

Run for your life

Kitty in a Casket

Bride of the monster

My cannibal paradise

under your bed

Rezurex

Graveyard Girl

vampira calling

every day is Halloween

Electric Frankenstein

annie's grave

Zombina and the Skeletones

nobody likes you when your dead

spring heeled jack

Zombie Hop

Staci Stasis

Jonathan Coulton

creepy doll

Re: your brains

Sting

moon over bourbon street

Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs

little red riding hood

The Searchers (I blame B movies for associating this with Halloween)

love potion #9

The Misfits

Scream!

The Aquabats

the cat with 2 heads

Helloween

helloween (this one is a test of endurance to play)

Blues Brothers

Season of the witch

Ozzy Osbourne (you knew this one was coming)

Mr. Crowley

Walk on water

Eyes set to Kill ( Screamo disclaimer enter at your own risk)

the world outside

The Hollow

young blood spills tonight

Your favorite Martian

zombie love song

Alice Cooper

feed my frankenstein

I am the spider

welcome to my nightmare

The Winners

I'm coming to get you

Burning Brides

Flesh and bone

Marilyn Manson

Long hard road out of hell

Bush

Mouth

The Offspring

beheaded

Metalica

for whom the bells toll

White Zombie

I am your boogeyman

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

save my soul

The Atomic Fireballs

man with the hex

Screamin' Jay Hawkins

I put a spell on you

Edited by MadCast: narucabra

Thanks for the list, you're awesome! I actually don't know many spooky Halloween songs, so was going to consult my friend, Google. But now I have a list of songs to listen to and "practice" lol

And I haven't watched Phantom of the Opera yet but have seen Sweeney Todd!

Only if people do for me next week!

Also, I am saving the rest of my Rum Chata for this event!  I got 2 songs picked out.  3 if Kit will do another Legendary Duet to make it a Pentakill of songs we have done!

Edited by MadCast: Sabre Wolf