Numemore

Tabletop Gaming Saturdays!

If anyone has a tabletop/card/board game idea we at MadCast can play online together somehow.  Please feel free to message me on TS, or send me a PM on the forums!  New games are always welcome.

Tabletop Gaming Saturdays!

(Previously Fridays.)

Event Hosts:  MadCast: Shadow & MadCast: Fayea

Day(s):  Saturdays

Time:  Starting @ 10pm EST -> then going until whenever.

Starting with next Friday (6-12) and each following Friday after that at around 10pm EST we will be creating a Tabletop Gaming channel on Team Speak.  Anyone who is interested may drop into the channel and hang out, or join us in playing some sort of Tabletop/Card/Board game.  There are links provided down below as to the type of games exactly we will be hosting/running each Friday.

This is an open invitation to anyone who wishes to come and join in on the fun.  Drop by whenever you like, leave whenever you want.  Tell your friends.  Or just come by and listen for a while, lurking in the channel and maybe something will catch your interest.  (Then much like with the Borg.  You will be assimilated.)

Again - each and every Friday after the 12th of June there will be some sort of Tabletop/Card/Board game going on so feel free to fall into the channel and play some games!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Websites / Steam Tabletop Simulator.

Boardgame Arena:  http://en.boardgamearena.com/

This website has a decent list of very fun Tabletop Games we can play for free that require no downloads or purchases.

Cards Against Humanity:  http://pyx-2.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp

Pretend You're Xyzzy is a Cards Against Humanity online clone, where you can jump into games very quickly and have a blast playing CAH.

Tabletop Simulator:  http://store.steampowered.com/app/286160/

Tabletop Simulator is a Steam game and it has a cost.  But the amount of fun boardgames, card games and tabletops you can play on it is amazing.  We have been using this for quite a while now and normally about half of the Monthly Events I have been hosting have been using this.  It is well worth the purchase.  (Not to mention there is always a chance you could win one for free during one of the Monthly Events, when it is noted as a giveaway prize.)

• Games Like:  King of Tokyo, Fluxx, Once Upon a Time, Sheriff of Nottingham, Tsuro, Dead of Winter, The Nobles, Summoner Wars, Epic Spell Wars, Takaido, Smashup, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Cartegena, Apples to Apples, Spyfall, Clue, Uno, Chez Geek, 7 Wonders, maybe even Monopoly!

Other Steam Games:

Own a game like:  Don't Starve Together?  Talisman?  Windward?  Who exactly knows what kind of insanity we are going to get up to...

Fiasco! -- http://www.madcastgaming.com/ips/topic/19079-fiasco-fridays/

• Click the link above for Khaos's description of what Fiasco is and see some of the story from past games.   :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Guides:

(This thread will be edited with more information later.)

Edited by MadCast: Shadow

I'm a tabletop fanatic. My brother and me would pair up with his collage friends every Saturday to play one of the several dozen board games and brew beer. Great combo. Needless to say i'll be up for any shenanigans in the tabletop world.

Edited by MoreMadCow

I believe you have to own a copy of the games to play on that site? If I'm not mistaken.

Ah you are right.  I just checked again and it seems that it gives you a chance to play several free trials games.  So that you can see if you would like to purchase the game to play on the site.  Thanks for pointing that out Luce.

Yeah!  Have never seen that but I would love to sit down Himntor and give it a play.  : )

---

Also updated thread with the first of many Tabletop/Card/Board game guides.

Ooh, ever since we played Fiasco I've been trying to get people to start a game but I usually suggest it at a late hour.

Make me GM too? I'd love to get some of that going some time!

Ooh, ever since we played Fiasco I've been trying to get people to start a game but I usually suggest it at a late hour.

Make me GM too? I'd love to get some of that going some time!

Done and done.  I often wonder whatever happened to the infamous Benny Bang.  He had such potential on the dance floor ....

You clear out old games by going to drawing tools --> clear drawings

Unfortunately, that clears out the dice too.  To add dice, just go to the "Decks and Tables" tab and click on "Token" for the white or black die rollable tables.

You need two white dice and two black dice per player.

There is a separate page for 3 player, 4 player, and 5 player games.  There are also separate pages with the Tilt and Aftermath tables. 

Edited by MadCast: Khaos

Sweet, thanks Khaos!  That was a brilliant suggestion.  I had not even though about Fiasco, but oh man, the potential for shenanigans and fun.   :D

I often wonder whatever happened to the infamous Benny Bang.  He had such potential on the dance floor ....

I too often wonder if he ever made his way back to that hot dog cart, even if only for one last hurrah.

Thanks for the instructions on how to set up. : )

Wanted to let everyone know that Tabletop Simulator is 33% off on Steam right now! That's $13.39 USD. It will be that price or lower until the end of the summer sale (June 22nd) but it could go lower on a Daily Deal, so you might want to wait until later this month. Get it if you can! http://store.steampowered.com/app/286160/

Edited by MadCast: Lucemiya

So we had 11 people participate, with several others dropping by to hang for a moment or say hello, and we kept it going for five hours!  (Yes we kept it going until 3:00am.)

I would say the first Tabletop Gaming Friday was a success!   :D

Really looking forward to more Story Wars.  Thank you for introducing us to that game, Himntor.  : )

We will start something up when Town of MadCast ends!  :D

Until then, jump up into the top channel and TS, feel free to jump up and come murder, or protect your fellow Townies.  This game is a Riot.  : )