Peste

Season 4

Season 4 is scheduled to start August 28. I haven't played the game since shortly after the expansion came out and with the HotS reward for getting a level 70 Season character I thought "Hmm.... maybe I'll level a character to 70 to see the state of the game and to get me a sweet mount in the process for HotS".

Are any Diablo or HotS players planning on playing at all? I don't think it would take much to just get to 70. And might be a fun change of pace in between other games from time to time. 

Awards

Season 4 is scheduled to start August 28. I haven't played the game since shortly after the expansion came out and with the HotS reward for getting a level 70 Season character I thought "Hmm.... maybe I'll level a character to 70 to see the state of the game and to get me a sweet mount in the process for HotS".

Are any Diablo or HotS players planning on playing at all? I don't think it would take much to just get to 70. And might be a fun change of pace in between other games from time to time. 

The HotS reward may be enough for me to level a toon.  My problem is always time.  I don't have a lot of it and this is forcing me to play ANOTHER game.  Blizzard just won't let me rest.

Pretty sure I can get to 70 in time. I just started a monk for this season. 

The HotS reward may be enough for me to level a toon.  My problem is always time.  I don't have a lot of it and this is forcing me to play ANOTHER game.  Blizzard just won't let me rest.

Soon you'll have to play Overwatch a whole bunch to get your Blizzard rewards. What a drag. =P

I feel ya. I'm in the same boat. I'm not saying I'll make it to 70.... but I thought "eh... I can try, how hard could it be?!"

Awards

I plan on playing once Season 4 hits bc of the changes they made.

http://www.madcastgaming.com/ips/topic/20099-diablo-3-s3-ending-and-new-patch-coming/

Honestly, being able to level via adventure mode makes leveling stupidly easy.  You can easily get from 1 - 70 in just a single session, especially if you party up with a couple others.  The gem and craftable changes coming with S4 may make this even easier as well.

Awards

According to this reddit post, a little prep time to know how you want to go about it should enable you to get a toon to 70 in 5-7 hours.

My only pseudo problem with that method is how damn boring that 5-7 hours is gonna be....

Awards

I'll for sure be leveling up a new toon to 70. Highly doubt I'll be pushing much past that though. Seems to be a lot of people doing this, maybe we can set up some groups for people with similar available times to play.

So.. since we get the best return on our time when grouping up I'd like to schedule a play together for MadCast people who just are looking to level quickly and fun.

I propose we get together Monday the 31st at 6:30 PM EST and get as many groups as we need to get people leveling effectively. 

Why the 31st? Well the Season starts on the 28th. I propose we start the 31st because 1) I have a busy weekend this weekend and I expect I'll not be the only one who's weekends are typically busy. 2) It gives us time to try out some changes and figure out what class we want to level to 70. 3) I'm going to request people take some time from the 28th - 31st to try to level to between 15 and 20. This allows us to get a bit of the easy levels early on out of the way at our own pace and then tackle rifts and the like from level 15 moving forward for more efficient XP.

I also propose people bring booze to their keyboards and expect for shenanigans and fun times. While we are looking to quickly and efficiently level... I also want us laughing and having a good time (which is not always conducive to efficiency). 

Awards

I logged in to check some stuff for the new patch today.  With all the changes to the Greater Rifts and such all the Rift Fragments you had are now gray trash to be sold.  They are 5k each to the vendor, so 500,000 per stack of hundred.  Lucky I wasn't ever doing a of rifts so I had quite a few stacks, made close to 6 million gold selling them all.

Edited by MadCast: Sotarkadin

I logged in to check some stuff for the new patch today.  With all the changes to the Greater Rifts and such all the Rift Fragments you had are now gray trash to be sold.  They are 5k each to the vendor, so 500,000 per stack of hundred.  Lucky I wasn't ever doing a of rifts so I had quite a few stacks, made close to 6 million gold selling them all.

Handy! I think I have a few hundred myself. Also I believe a lot of the rare drop crafting materials turned grey at some point and are worth like 50k a piece. I have a number of those. I'm curious what the crafting components for the Infernal Machines are turned into now that you don't craft those, I know I have a number of those as well.... 

Awards

Oooohhh... According to the patch notes Infernal Machine crafting materials are simply turned into relevant Machines. HANDY!

Also I think I want my season character to be melee focused. I tend to play a lot of range and I want to switch it up. Crusader, Monk, or Barb? Hmmmm...

Awards

Oooohhh... According to the patch notes Infernal Machine crafting materials are simply turned into relevant Machines. HANDY!

Also I think I want my season character to be melee focused. I tend to play a lot of range and I want to switch it up. Crusader, Monk, or Barb? Hmmmm...

I am looking to play either a DH or Wiz, so if you go melee would be a good combo.

Leaning Monk, I think....

Awards

I'm probably going to do a monk once the season starts, since that's the only class I haven't done a seasonal character for. Well, I also haven't done a wizard but I dunno, I've just never been interested in playing a wizard.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Monks/comments/3f6i9z/season_4_leveling_guide/

Alright... the above link is a good looking guide on leveling a new Season 4 character quickly and efficiently. It's been tested numerous times and vetted against other leveling guides as more or equally as optimal, however with less needing to exit the game (therefore better for groups like we hopefully will be on Monday). The guide is TECHNICALLY a monk guide, though everything except the ability selection recommendations are viable for any class.

Most of the game exiting/restarting happens pre-level 20. SO... to minimize headaches on Monday I'd like to recommend people TRY to get through the step where they run Story Mode Act 1 at ~level 20 to get the guaranteed Leoric Crown legendary. This will mean we'll be set for straight rift farming on Master Difficulty afterwards and we shouldn't have to do any game restarts as a group. If you just CAN NOT get to that point prior to our gathering Monday evening... don't fret. We can try to spend some time getting people caught up. but I'd prefer to have to spend as little time doing that as necessary. So the closer you can get to that point the better.

Awards