No Man's Sky

Shenaniquin

I personally am very excited about this game, I am an avid sci-fi fan. I have been ever since i played Free Lancer and Tachyon, I feel like this game is going to fulfill all that i wish those games were in terms of the scope. Also if anyone else has pre-ordered this game do you think the bonuses are worth using or do you think they will ruin the initial planet exploration?

Also if anyone else plans on playing this I would love to add you on steam just to see everyone else's progress. Though i know i will probably never actually see anyone else within the game.

Awards

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2016 at 5:10 PM, MadCast: Khaos said:

It looks amazing.  I may wait until the Xbox release because my PC is a potato.

Is it getting an XBOX release?

Either way, I got it for my PS4 this morning. I'm enjoying it so far. I can't tell if it's more or less structured than I thought it would be. I'm playing it slow, exploring a lot. I have to fight my JRPG instinct of looking for every nook and cranny.

Awards

Having played this somewhat now, on the PC. I feel, it's not something I am having fun with, but it's not quite boring? It's not exciting, but mostly relaxing?

It does seem a bit more empty then I wanted, but then again, I havn't played enough yet to give a full personal review.

Definitely a game you need to play to see if you'll enjoy it though.

I'm digging it thus far. I've ran into a few annoying crash bugs (PS4) but for the most part it has been a pretty smooth and pleasant experience. I'll say here what I've been saying to most people asking for my impressions over the last couple days, this isn't a game everyone will enjoy. You spend a significant amount of time just wandering mostly aimlessly through planets where you don't really interact with anyone. You spend an even larger amount of your time figuring out how to manage your inventory (it gets better). There is a bit of story to follow but for the most part you are exploring for the sake of exploring and discovery. If the idea of that doesn't appeal to you I'd suggest saving your money.

I seem to be one of the lucky few that seems to have missed most of the PC bugs.

It's, well it's very relaxing to play. You have things you can do, but don't think that you are going to explore every nook and cranny of the planet you land on.

Also upgrading load limits and tools is VERY important early on.

I am really enjoying my experience so far, it's by no means an action game. Most of the time i have spent in this game is wandering around random planets just enjoying discovering. The space combat still needs work to be viable in my opinion. Has anyone else had issues upgrading their multi-tool? I just cant seem to find a better one than the 10 slot one i got in my third system.

Awards

How are peoples overall impressions after playing for a few days? From what I heard most of the bugs were there because NVidia was never given the chance to test the game on their hardware and release a patch before release, has that been fixed?

Still crashes, and the game does not like you leaving it to check anything else on the computer, even on a different screen. Beyond or the prettiness though, It's beginning to feel very empty.

I picked it up on PS4 so I'm not experiencing the PC player issues. I'm probably about 40hrs in and I'm still loving the game. There are some elements that feel less than fleshed out and PS4 really needs an FOV slider, but wandering the galaxy and learning about the various races and their languages. Surviving the weird climates of some of the planets and scanning and naming the nightmare creatures is a blast to me. It isn't what I'd call and exciting game, but I find myself enthralled every time I jump in.

I'm still loving it myself. I mean ya, if you want a super content rich dumpster dive into fast-paced game, Witcher 3 or Mass Effect 3 this ain't. If you wanted a different vision of a Minecraft style game, this suffices. I like it better than I ever liked Minecraft, and it feels a lot like the early Alpha I played of Minecraft.

On 2016-08-15 at 11:00 PM, MadCast: The Prince said:

Best review.

That guy is a maniac. After hearing all of your opinions I decided that NMS is my kind of game so I bought it. I have no tech problems when running the game but as Banick said it does not like it when you alt-tab.

At first I thought the planet's fauna would be innocuous and sparse but on the third planet I went to shit got real, bipedal dinosaurs with antlers, these insects that look like the flood, and 2 more four legged creatures all were aggressive. I do need more exosuit slots its starting get annoying running out of space. Overall I am really liking the game.

I did hear that the first major addition will allow you to make your own bases.

But with the lack of multiplayer, I'm not sure how much it will be worth it? Unless you can say, add hangers for multiple ships and such.

I think the base build actually flies in the face of the object of the game. Why make a base when the game is about exploring galaxies? Unless they are giant trading posts, or pet training areas or something I don't really see the point. Also, I might be alone in this but I think it is FANFUCKINGTASTIC that this game doesn't have multiplayer.

I think the base builds, if they happen, would be ideal for setting up outposts for mining resources and things of that nature.  Or maybe an area where you can store resources but they could be raided should there be multiplayer at some point.

21 minutes ago, MadCast: VoShay said:

I'd much prefer a mothership, myself, but that's probably not in the cards yet.

^that and it seems to me that this game will never have multiplayer.  Murray has been trying to distance this game and multiplayer for the better part of the last year even. I don't think it is in the cards.

I like the idea of having space adventures with other people, particularly for space combat. I think it would work well with the fact that the universe is so vast that if you wanted you would never have to see a single other person.