HotS Dojo 08/03/2016

MadCast: Mastodon

Good news everyone!

Tomorrow we will be having a Dojo that focuses on one of my personal favorites as far as comps go, double healer. If you are not familiar with how this composition works or is structured, we will be visiting the topic prior to commencing the Dojo tomorrow. THERE WILL BE NO BANS ON HEALERS, as this severely limits the likelihood of a balanced game. Everything else is on the chopping block.

I will see you all there, same Dojo place, same Dojo time (8PM EST and then hop in TeamSpeak and look for the channel with the most people in it).

Edited by MadCast: Mastodon
This event has been rescheduled to 08/03/2016

Not sure what you mean by nitpicky... focus is double healer.  Any support counts as a healer, so each team will pick two healers.   

I dare say that, Mastodon's approval pending, Medivh might be considered a support for this purpose as well.

Obviously Tassadar is one of the primary picks when it comes to double support.  Kharazim can make a good second support, and even run a dps/insight build (as Mr. Epic can attest to), and Tyrande has frequently seen play as both solo and double support.  If you add Medivh to the mix as a "support", given his similarities to Tassadar, then it makes for a lot of options.

5 hours ago, MadCast: Angelix said:

Not sure what you mean by nitpicky... focus is double healer.  Any support counts as a healer, so each team will pick two healers.   

I dare say that, Mastodon's approval pending, Medivh might be considered a support for this purpose as well.

Obviously Tassadar is one of the primary picks when it comes to double support.  Kharazim can make a good second support, and even run a dps/insight build (as Mr. Epic can attest to), and Tyrande has frequently seen play as both solo and double support.  If you add Medivh to the mix as a "support", given his similarities to Tassadar, then it makes for a lot of options.

After observing this weekends tournaments and hearing any comp he was a part of called a double support comp, he will most definitely be considered as one.

Edited by MadCast: Mastodon

As you can see in the above title, this event has been swapped to 08/03/2016 (tomorrow night). This is due to server instability from DDoS attacks. See you then, guys and gals!

Here is the cast of Game 1 (still processing as I post this, but this link will work), with Archimedes adding color commentary. Game 2 is much longer and will take likely an hour+ to upload, so I'll link it in the morning.

Awards

11 minutes ago, ArchimedesHS said:

Am I really that quiet in comparison or was that a fluke of recording? 

You and DB sound about the same on TS.  I'm wondering if, since his mic is open, it dims your output some (per the TS application).  I know that when I have my mic open to talk it will lessen the incoming sound from TS.

I use an open mic when casting because hitting alt while moving around the map causes issues.

I'm working on getting a real mic when I can. Additionally, I need to get better about testing audio balanced BEFORE casting.

Second game:

Awards

I have to say, this was a absolute BLAST! And although I am not a fan of being defeated in a match. I don't mind loosing to a well played team. last nights games IMO were both well played and I really enjoyed them! I forgot to say it last night in chat but I would like to bother a few of you to go comment on my candidacy thread please.