MadCast: Mandalorian

Sunday Afternoon D&D

6 hours ago, MadCast: Stan said:

Should be fixed.  I set up Newt so that only he can see his.  I'll have to change permissions for the rest of you when you log on to Roll20.  Honor system that you guys don't mess with each other's pages.  Wait to roll your stats til Sunday.  Just get a general idea of what you want to play, and a story.  Other than that, it's smooth sailing.

Will it be fine if we come with only part of my character's backstory? I'm used to making characters as a group, and would like to make sure my character can actually fit in well with the others before writing out the whole backstory for them.

12 hours ago, Newt said:

Will it be fine if we come with only part of my character's backstory? I'm used to making characters as a group, and would like to make sure my character can actually fit in well with the others before writing out the whole backstory for them.

Sure

11 hours ago, MadCast: Uncle Dad said:

I need help with making my character if anyone can offer me aid.

We are using the first session for this if you want to wait until Sunday.

Here is Part I of Miz Black's background:

The years had not been kind since his capture. Decades of living in the pitch black murk of Shadowfell had felt more like centuries. He was a stud, blind to his surroundings, but well groomed. The shadowvar used him as a breeder, despite his lack of power, his lack of the family gift. Apparently lacking the power himself did not mean that he couldn't impart it to his children. His terrifying children. Perhaps his only sanity, a hedged bet by his invincible captors, was the presence of his wife. She bore his burdens, assuaged his fears, discarded his guilt. Finally, in what was either their worst mistake or their greatest miracle, they were going to have their own child. Sheer trepidation threatened to still his heart at any given moment, but hope prevailed.

The laboratory was well guarded, but Asanzi did not care. He was Talon, first amongst those with the fortitude to consider themselves his peer, and a terror that the shades and all their vaunted prowess could not anticipate. Unfurling dark gossamer wings, he drifted over the walls unseen, his passing converging with the breeze so as to create no conflict amidst the elements. Moments later he was descending deep into the labrynth, still undetected, testing himself against the perception of their finest as a mere show of sport: their defences posed no significant threat to one of his ilk. Hubris had led to this juncture, their pilfer a mere annoyance compared to the sheer audacity of their ambition. The shadowvar would learn a lesson. Not those in this particular complex of course. Eventually, when he was done asking questions, they would have to settle for whatever their afterlife had to offer. Other generations of shadowvar, however, would come to terms with a novel concept, something that they had all but weeded out of their heritage. Dread. 

He heard the incursion and knew, despite decades of unspeakable horrors, that something new stalked his prison. The shadowvar did not plead. Yet they did. The shadowvar did not scream. Yet they did. For hours. No room was left untouched, no person or object sacred. All was laid waste. Then light blossomed for the first time since he was taken, a single spark of retinal searing pain.

"Ahh, the father". The voice struck like a tar-laden sponge, grasping, digging into his thoughts even as he reeled in confusion. "Witness the price of their trespass. There is no forgiveness, only retribution." 

Then his wife fell to the floor, the dark knife cleanly separating head from neck, a mercy to be sure. His mind broke, unwilling to comprehend, as another thin red line slowly widened, revealing the child within. A hand reached out, and the vengeful apparition froze in place. Its eyes glanced briefly to the ornate dagger as if seeking confirmation, before it slowly regained its composure. 

"An unlikely fate. A deal is struck and a remnant remains, but not their pawn. A fitting beginning."

The blade struck twice more and his shattered mind ceased to be, no one to bear witness as the child was plucked from the carnage.

Edited by MadCast: Angelix

Given that there are two more events in the triathlon, I  suggest we postpone this campaign's start date until the 21st of May. This way, we have no interruptions in game play.  It was awkward planning on my part, but wit the extra time, the campaign will only be better for the extended start date.

@MadCast: MT519, I have not seen any update to your character sheet. If you need or want help with it, let me know.

@MadCast: Stan That's fine by me. I'm still working on the details of my Artificer's personality and background, though I have the general idea.

If Overwatch ends up not happening I will be available to discuss characters or answer any questions about the 5e system.  I may still be available afterwards as Overwatch matches do not usually take too long.

I may have a little more to share about my own character at that time as well if people want to discuss how we might know each other (if we know each other).

@MadCast: Stan, @Newt, @MadCast: Uncle Dad, @MadCast: MT519,

I was wondering if everyone is available this Sunday to get the campaign started.

I thought I'd inquire, since I don't believe that there is an admins vs FMs tournament this Sunday, and I'm feeling the urge, no, the NEED, to roll some dice =)

11 minutes ago, MadCast: The Prince said:

FYI we aren't doing League this Sunday cause it is Mother's Day.

I am aware that it is Mother's Day, but that doesn't mean that the five of us aren't available, which is why I was asking them.  I personally have no issues with this Sunday because I am deployed away from home at the moment, and in any case I am not a parent, nor have I lived near my parents for almost two decades.  I have no way of knowing whether the other participants in Stan's campaign, including Stan, are likewise available (or not) without asking them =)

40 minutes ago, MadCast: Angelix said:

I am aware that it is Mother's Day, but that doesn't mean that the five of us aren't available, which is why I was asking them.  I personally have no issues with this Sunday because I am deployed away from home at the moment, and in any case I am not a parent, nor have I lived near my parents for almost two decades.  I have no way of knowing whether the other participants in Stan's campaign, including Stan, are likewise available (or not) without asking them =)

I myself most likely will be free cause the mother lives 8 hours away

7 hours ago, MadCast: Angelix said:

I gotcha, I was just making sure you knew we moved the event.

2 hours ago, MadCast: The Prince said:

I gotcha, I was just making sure you knew we moved the event.

No worries.  I'll probably come spectate if it's being streamed.  I don't play League, but I am interested in seeing if the admins can regain their confidence after the Overwatch debacle.

Cool.  So now we're just waiting to hear back from @MadCast: MT519 and @Newt.

If anyone still needs to work on character creation I can make some time to assist, as needed.

From what I can recall, so far we have myself playing a sorcerer/warlock(sustained damage/crowd control/utility/social face/secondary healer), and we have a moon druid (tank/sustained damage/secondary healer).  I don't recall what classes the other two players were playing, but I believe that one was an alchemist artificer (sustained damage/utility and maybe heals) and the other was a warlock (sustained damage/utility and probably face).  

Did I get that right?

@MadCast: Angelix, I have my character nearly finished in regards to stats, and know what I need to do to finish him, but I'm still working on the backstory. @MadCast: Stan, I think I can have the backstory to you Sunday morning. Will that work, or would you have needed it sooner?

Ok, so I'm afraid I didn't have as much time for writing my story today as I thought, I won't be ready for tomorrow. Sorry guys. ☹️

9 hours ago, MadCast: Stan said:

It's fine. We can start next week. Everyone MUST be ready by then. I will hunt you down if you are not.

I still do have the Triathlon that I am doing, if D&D is at the same time I am willing to give my spot up to another admin that would like to participate in the MadCast event.

Edited by MadCast: Uncle Dad