MadCast: Mandalorian

Sunday Afternoon D&D

3 hours ago, MadCast: Stan said:

I'll hunt him down and put him to the question.  Inquisition style.

Sounds good!

Ok, so here's the deal.  I will wait one more week to start.  This gives everybody an opportunity to play in their Triathlon game of choice.  It also gives me time to find a new 4th player.  MT519 hasn't replied to messages on the forums or to my messages to him on TS.

We will start on the 28th.  This is a hard set date.  Any other event that takes place will be secondary to this game at that point.

1 hour ago, MadCast: Stan said:

I got @MadCast: drapeta to join us.  She can't make the first session, but she can make others.

We'll still play this Sunday.  I've adjusted the game for 3 people.

Alright sounds good! Can't wait to get started!!! Do we know what drapeta is playing?

For those of you who have seen my post in the loa thread I will still be there tomorrow for the kick off of our d&d sessions. I will just drive over to the brothers place and borrow his desktop for the afternoon! Hopefully by next Sunday I have a new pc!

So, the party rescued Natalia Barsavi from pirates, and killed their leader Greybeard.  You were each payed 100 gold for this.  On top of that, you obtained the logs, charts, and ownership of the Ship, The Wormwood.  The party then received a mysterious note from one of Lord Barsavi's peers asking for your assistance (and digression).  The group then went and negotiated a contract with the three Stormbeard brothers who own Stormbeard Brewery.  The contract was to ship their beer to other places for 60% of the profit.  The party also leveled up to Level 4.

Things found in your adventuring:

• Ring of the Ram - This ring has 3 charges, and it regains 1d3 expended charges daily at dawn. While wearing the ring, you can use an action to expend 1 to 3 of its charges to attack one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. The ring produces a spectral ram's head and makes its attack roll with a +7 bonus. On a hit, for each charge you spend, the target takes 2d10 force damage and is pushed 5 feet away from you.  Alternatively, you can expend 1 to 3 of the ring's charges as an action to try to break an object you can see within 60 feet of you that isn't being worn or carried. The ring makes a Strength check with a +5 bonus for each charge you spend.  Requires attunement.
  • +1 Shortsword of the Hawk - The sword does 1d6+1 slashing damage and has +1 to hit.  Does not require attunement
  • Wand of Magic Missile - This wand has 7 charges. While holding it, you can use an action to expend 1 or more of its charges to cast the magic missile spell from it. For 1 charge, you cast the 1st-level version of the spell. You can increase the spell slot level by one for each additional charge you expend.  The wand regains 1d6 + 1 expended charges daily at dawn. If you expend the wand's last charge, roll a d20. On a 1, the wand crumbles into ashes and is destroyed.
  • Scroll of Alter Self - You assume a different form. When you cast the spell, choose one of the following options, the effects of which last for the duration of the spell. While the spell lasts, you can end one option as an action to gain the benefits of a different one.  Aquatic Adaptation. You adapt your body to an aquatic environment, sprouting gills and growing webbing between your fingers. You can breathe underwater and gain a swimming speed equal to your walking speed.  Change Appearance. You transform your appearance. You decide what you look like, including your height, weight, facial features, sound of your voice, hair length, coloration, and distinguishing characteristics, if any. You can make yourself appear as a member of another race, though none of your statistics change. You also can't appear as a creature of a different size than you, and your basic shape stays the same; if you're bipedal, you can't use this spell to become quadrupedal, for instance. At any time for the duration of the spell, you can use your action to change your appearance in this way again.  Natural Weapons. You grow claws, fangs, spines, horns, or a different natural weapon of your choice. Your unarmed strikes deal 1d6 bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing damage, as appropriate to the natural weapon you chose, and you are proficient with your unarmed strikes. Finally, the natural weapon is magic and you have a +1 bonus to the attack and damage rolls you make using it.

The note that you received from the Barsavi's peer reads:

"Salutations,

I am First Son Thalendred.  My honorable house has a most dire situation which needs capable minds and strong arms.  This note is only meant as an invitation for hire, and can not (because of urgent privacy matters) contain any information about the possible mission.  I am willing to offer either 100 gold each or ONE item only from my extensive collection of magical goods.  I will also provide each of you with 2 health potions.  Please come see me at Manor Thalendred in the Sea Ward.  The seal on this letter will let you through my gates into my estate.

Most Graciously,

First Son Thalendred - House Thalendred of Waterdeep"

As per request, make sure you guys have a new name for the ship picked out, and you will all roll persuasion checks to see who gets to name the new ship.  The party also needs a name, and possibly a charter.  When naming the party and ship, potions, spells, or any other means of enhancing your ability to boggle the minds of the rest of the party are completely within the realm of possibility.  The next session is Sunday June 18th.

If we're going to bring beer to other ports we should look at what will sell well in Waterdeep when we return, preferably rare alcoholic beverages.

Given our affiliation with the Stormbeard brothers and the way that we acquired our vessel, my thought for the ship's name is the "Imperial Stormbrew".

Registering as a merchant ship with a name that indicates our purpose would perhaps assist us in moving around without drawing too much attention, and could also be good for business =)

Seeing as i navigated to the right spot in the forums :D (yay go me!)  i will be here this afternoon

Awards

Miz Black:

"The wise thing at this point is to open that there door leading out of the area before we mess around with the rod. We should also try prop them open somehow.

Now, since our contract is to snag that rod without damaging the crypts, and it's not to pillage this lord's ancestral tomb, we should probably stick to the original plan.  

Finally... since we seem to REALLY suck at this whole tomb raiding schtick, we probably shouldn't try to get too cute."

*rubs  her shiny gold plated belt which reads #1 WWF style championchip style belt with gems and all sorts of gaudy things*  You love me.. I'm number one, of course you love me.  I love me too, so the feeling is mutual

Awards

Miz Black found a book in her satchel after leaving the “High Spirits” to begin her journey East.

It reads like a romance novel, unless you happen to have been raised by Azansi, in which case it still reads like a romance novel, but one that also serves as a broad strokes guide to the art of dealing death.  Without the fluff, one who understands the nuance and intent of the novel can derive the following key points:

Whispers in the Wind 

Assassination is an art form, each dead canvas a signature piece that speaks volumes about the artist.  

Killers are like straw in a barn, but a true assassin is unique; a honed elemental force of focus, restraint, and determination. 

Assassins are never in a state of being, but rather they exist in a state of becoming until their lives are no more.  

This balance between life and death is a necessary requirement for a true assassin, who is learning the art until the day she dies.

The first step to becoming an assassin is to recognise your strengths and flaws, and then exploit your flaws as strengths. Once this is accomplished, you may step onto the path. 

There are core truths to be mastered by those seeking to master death, without which one might be considered little better than a thug, regardless of one’s prowess as a killer.  

These truths may be learned in many ways, in many orders, but without exception you must understand their unique application to you.  

The ability to blend in, imitate and infiltrate any environment will leave your mark in your grasp.  

Master this. 

The ability to deceive friend and foe alike, even the very gods themselves, will leave your mark unsuspecting.  

Master this.

The ability to manipulate those around you, will leave your mark defenceless.  

Master this.

Intent and Action are indivisible.  Master the art of becoming a Master of the art, then begin to Prey.

It really is quite the romance novel, complete with pirates and princesses and giants and sword fighting.

Tears almost formed in Miz Black's eyes as she finished reading the lovely novel.  "He really does care!"

Edited by MadCast: Angelix