Dolphin

Your Favorite Animated Film

I am obssesed with disney and pixar movies. and im always willing to watch those movies over and over.

through out the years pixars and disney made amazing movies

and i was wondering which ones are your favorite.

my top 3 always been.

1) Toy Story -

2)Lion King 

3)One Hundred and One Dalmatians

fun fact i only watch the movies with Hebrew dub, even when im older and can understand English. it's hard when you get used to the hebrew voices to switch to english. from all i can rememebr Simba is a hebrew speaker lol

another fun fact Woody was my first crush :)

Image result for woody

Hell and Back : a fun filled misadventure as a carnie attempts to save his friend from hell.

Beavis and Butthead do America : the orphan offspring of the MTV generation set loose upon America what could go wrong?

Sausage Party : a cautionary tale of following societal norms as told from the point of view of your next meal

Coraline : meant for kids but they really hit the sweet spot on creepy with other mother.

Probably my favourite animated film in terms of action and visual beauty is Final Fantasy: Advent Children.

Completely agree Narucabra... Coraline was great.

Edited by MadCast: Angelix

Favorite Disney - Sword and the Stone for Retro, Meet the Robinsons for Modern

Ghibli - Porco Russo

Pixar- Brave

Dreamworks - Megamind

Bluth- The Land Before Time

Anime- Do You Remember Love? (Macross movie set as an in-universe movie with the same kind of 'it's a movie' changes to the OG plot- it's really good IMO)

Other- Song of the Sea/Secret of Kells (Same studio, related content but different stories, very great)

havent seen it in forever, but i loved "9"

now that im not 10 anymore (when i first saw it) "Watership Down" is an amazing movie. just gave me so many nightmares when i was little haha

As a kid I was and still am fairly obsessed with history, so I remember when I was little being in a video store with my mom, she wanted me to pick out a movie to take home and I remember waddling down the aisle looking through all the movies. I saw Mulan and that was that, I grabbed it, looked at the back then proudly brought my find to my mom, at first she was confused and told me it was probably for girls but after informing her I didn't care we took it home and I still have that VHS tape to this day! :)

My top three animated movies are: 

1. Mulan (The Ancestors still make me laugh lol)

2. Toy Story (My favourite characters were the little green plastic army guys, as a kid I had tons of them because you could buy them by the bucket full. My mom would always laugh because she'd come into my room and I'd have these little battles all set up with the little plastic tanks and everything, they took forever to clean up but it was worth it lol.) 

3. Shrek 

Edited by MadCast: Grishal

Awards

I absolutely love dark stories (not scary stories, but those that are just naturally sad or dark), so Hunchback of Notre Dame is easily one of my favorites, you also have the black cauldron, and you can't leave out the Nightmare before Christmas

Awards

Well, my NUMBER ONE animated movie of all time has always been, and always be--The Lion King. I mean, I got it tatted on my a few years back. I've associated with Simba since I was a child. The absent father (physically because my parents separated when I was 5 & I moved from NY to PA, but not financially), the desire to be great, the character development (growing into adulthood), and the sense of duty (I owe it to myself and those that have supported me through the years to surpass expectations and become "king").

Runner Ups:
- Moana
- Sing

*Picture is when tattoo was fresh, back in like 2014*

lion king.jpg

Edited by Deaf Monkey

Awards

35 minutes ago, Deaf Monkey said:

*Picture is when tattoo was fresh, back in like 2014*

ok thats amazing!!!!!

hakuna matata my friend!

I have to agree with Madcast:Baal about one.  Watership Down is a surprisingly well done animated film, and a close adaptation of the book.  Its worth watching if you have never seen it.

2 others I like which many here probably haven't heard of are Heavy Metal (the original, not the "sequel") and Wizards.  Both have some great humor and storytelling, even if Heavy Metal is really a bunch of separate stories strung together with a really weak plot device.  But who can forget scenes like this one.

How to Train Your Dragon/ The Rise of The Guardians/ Kung Fu Panda/ The Croods/ Ratatouille

Didn't mention some in fear of judgement.