Stellaris - Synthetic Dawn (60% off base game)

MadCast: Epic

Super immersive 4x game, and its on sale (60% off) at the moment). Prepare to lose all your free time.

With the new Synthetic Dawn DLC out, you can also be the Borg and WE ARE THE BORG. LOWER YOUR SHIELDS AND SURRENDER YOUR SHIPS. WE WILL ADD YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR CULTURE WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Stellaris is just so awesome. I get sucked in once every couple of months and don't come up for air for a few days. 

The constant development and improvement has made the game really start to shine over the past 6 months in particular.

10 minutes ago, MadCast: rife170 said:

Stellaris is just so awesome. I get sucked in once every couple of months and don't come up for air for a few days. 

The constant development and improvement has made the game really start to shine over the past 6 months in particular.

It is truly an amazing game. The 300 odd hours I've played don't speak enough towards how much fun people are missing out on. Dev's churn content, and fix bugs. I am totally okay with shelling 10 bucks towards 3 new races, voice overs and much more. Even the Hivemind/Utopia expansion was amazing.

One of the new race types let you keep decadent human pets that boost productivity. You are the caretakers for them. It's nuts man.

I bought and download this yesterday, and had never played it before. I played for a few hours, but have LOTS to learn . . .  I surveyed a couple systems, which took what seemed forever. Is this normal, or is there a way to speed things up?

4 minutes ago, MadCast: Jobotoo said:

I bought and download this yesterday, and had never played it before. I played for a few hours, but have LOTS to learn . . .  I surveyed a couple systems, which took what seemed forever. Is this normal, or is there a way to speed things up?

There are 3 speed settings, top right of the interface. I forget what the hotkey is. (i think it's F2/F3 to slow/speed, but i'm not sure)

I typically play on the fastest speed, pausing when necessary. 

Edited by MadCast: rife170

3 minutes ago, MadCast: rife170 said:

There are 3 speed settings, top right of the interface. I forget what the hotkey is. (i think it's F2/F3 to slow/speed, but i'm not sure)

I typically play on the fastest speed, pausing when necessary. 

I'll try that, thanks!

The man is correct!

Also, it's typically a good start to get another Science ship for surveys going, and also manage your mineral/power income by building mining stations as you go. It's super nice to find that early 5 stack mineral boost early!

Oh... and don't pick a fight with the elder civilizations.  They typically leave you alone unless you encroach on their territory.  

It's also tricky managing alliances and rivals so that you can develop fast enough to not be a pushover but also prevent yourself from becoming so powerful that everyone else in the universe gangs up to end the threat to civilization as they know it (ie. you).

29 minutes ago, MadCast: Angelix said:

It's also tricky managing alliances and rivals so that you can develop fast enough to not be a pushover but also prevent yourself from becoming so powerful that everyone else in the universe gangs up to end the threat to civilization as they know it (ie. you).

Also, if you start as Eradicators/Purifiers/Devouring Swarm; you won't need to worry about diplomacy*! 

*Because everyone hates you and will do whatever they can to crush you into tiny space dust.