MadCast: VoShay

Dungeon World PbP Game Thread

Recommended Posts

The golem notices the arrows plinking off his body, and rears back, before heaving a massive stone at Benito.

VoShay:1D10+1 → 8(7 + 1)

The stone nearly crushes Benito, who finds himself pinned by the boulder. The golem then swings its arm out and attempts to strike Cu directly.

Cu, What do you do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Cu, you are so reckless charging in headstrong like that.  One of these days its going to get you mutilated and I wont be there to save your hide.  That's neither here nor there though."  I ready myself for an attack as the golem seems to be focused on trying to find where Cu scurried off to.  As I know my limits of fighting I stay at the edge of battle where I can be more effective with my spells.

I can bypass the need to put myself directly in danger by using my ranged attacks with relative safety.

embed?X35859396

With great success my spell goes off without a problem hitting the golem full force.

embed?X35859419 -3 (armor) = 2 damage total

It might not hit hard but its still enough to damage it and break a chunck of its shell off.

TWO ARMOR, 11 HEALTH LEFT

Edited by MadCast: Support Welfare
armor and hp fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thorin sees that something in particular about his song has upset the golem. he prepares to dodge whatever may come creating distance from the stone monstrosity. 

embed?X35876234

Thorin cant seem to decide on a good route for evasion and is struck still by indecision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knowing Cu's proclivity for recklessness I cast a heal to make sure he doesn't die in the inevitable counter attack that will follow.

embed?X35875375

"I think this thing is catching to me guys.  He doesn't like the whole casting from out of his range thing!"

embed?X35875385

I heal Cu up a bit more making him more emboldened to go in for more attacks.   (Cú Chulainn's hp is now 21/23)

The creature stops searching for Cu and turns towards the source of the magic, me.

embed?X35875624

"Well this isn't good.  I remember something about golems being sensitive to magic and seek out the source.  Not that they are weak to it just that the are drawn to it.  Wish I would have remembered that before hand.  Looks like I've created an opening but put myself in the cross hairs again guys."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"MY LEG!" Screams Benito as he lays pinned under the rock. He looks to his left and see's Cu getting up after getting knocked into the wall. He looks to the right and sees his friends, and the cleric, preparing to receive another volley of rocks from the Golem. I have to do something. Maybe if I can get a little bit of leverage... no that won't work. Benito takes another survey of his surroundings and watches the Golem carefully.

embed?X35879821

@MadCast: VoShay: What is about to happen?

+1 Forward when acting on the answers.

"Lookout! Duck! Look there under the left armpit, a opening!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The boulder slung at Thorin strikes true, and he finds his instrument crushed beneath it, as well as his body. Benito calls for Thorin to duck, but alas it is too late. 

VoShay:1D10+1 → 5(4 + 1)

The golem turns on Neulratol, and seems to shudder with rage. Out of boulders to toss, it charges at Neulratol. The massive stone construct bears down on him, but the opening remains for someone to strike...

What do you do?

[OOC: It's effective armor is 1 when attacking that opening in melee.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In seeing the monster preparing to charge I brace for impact.

"This is really going to hurt but now is the best time for you to attack.  He is going for me."

embed?X35884727

I curl up tight and get ready for the inevitable blow coming my way.  (damage done reduced by half)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(OOC: Voshay asked me to roll for him as he is on mobile)

The Golems attack comes in hard

embed?X35886562

Bones crack and Neulratol falls down dazed.

He takes the hit well though.  Half damage  (Neulratol HP = 17)

Edited by MadCast: Support Welfare
added Neulratol HP left

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a grin as broad and as brutal as the fierce northern seas, the newly reinvigorated Cú runs headlong for the charging golem, intent on not having to listen to the bloody righteous priest's whinging and lecturing after the fight. 
Reaching it, Cú swings at the exposed weak spot with all of his brutal strength
embed?X35886700
Flawlessly finding the weak spot, Cú bears in and makes his strike
embed?X35886743

WEAK SPOT HIT, SIX DAMAGE, -ARMOUR = FIVE, GOLEM HAS SIX HEALTH LEFT.
Take that you big bag of blundering boulders!

Edited by MadCast: majorhoward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Silwen watches as her companions surge forward into the fight, Cú especially trying his valiant best to overcome the odds. She elects to stay back for the moment, watching as the golemn lofts its’ stones towards them. The look on her face is one of indecision, for once, and she watches as the golemn seems to gain the advantage. Her companions volley between staying alive and hitting hard. After a few long moments, Silwen nods to herself, seemingly having reached a decision.

“This isn’t exactly what I imagined, but sure, let’s go with it!”

Silwen runs forward and lunges at the now weakened golemn. Her rapier blade glows as she takes her chance, grateful her compatriots are as strong as they are bold. 

embed?X35890597

embed?X35890619

embed?X35890825

She reaches the golemn as the glow of her blade peaks in color- a brilliant blue hue that almost vibrates.

“Let’s see how you handle the cold, baby.” 

As her blade strikes, the golemn seems to freeze in place. It’s movements slow and the stone body turns a vibrant blue color as the blade leeches its’ magic into the golem. It almost seems like the fight is over... 

The golemn’s body begins to vibrate intsensely as if the magic of the blade is warring with the intentions of the construct. 

“Get down!” Silwen yells. She dives to the side as the golemns body begins to crumble unexpectedly. It breaks into hundreds of pieces, some of which hit Silwen in the arms and face. 

After this, the temple front is suddenly quiet. Silwen takes this moment of quiet celebration to just sit and enjoy the silence.

Golemn is defeated! Armor is reduced by 1 due to freezing. And -6 Health after the attack. 

Silwen takes 2 DMG

On mobile so no color formatting.

Edited by MadCast: Vyoletta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well now that was a hell of a greeting.  Is everyone still in one piece?"

I survey the surrounding area making sure all my companions are still breathing.  Seeing Benito pinned by a rock I call Cu over to help free him.

"Cu, come over and help the little man out from under the rock would you?  You lift i'll pull him out from under."

With a grumble he walks over to help me get Benito out from between his rock and a hard spot.

"Well with a guarding like that I'm sure there are plenty more dangerous foes deep within.  We will need to be prepared for anything and use all the tools at our disposal if we are to survive this dive into the temple."

Looking closer at the pile of rocks that used to be the golem I sense no more power emanating from it but why was it here in the first place?

With trepidation I step closer to the temple entrance to take a closer look.  Something doesn't seem right.

embed?X35984406

"just as I thought.  If you look closely there are runes along the entrance archway.  Very small but clearly they were put here for a reason.  They look vaguely familiar though."

embed?X35984641

The runes look to have been here for a long time but don't look worn at all.  I know I have seem something similar before but I just can't place where.

"Given the state of the temple and how overgrown the exterior is I find it interesting that the runes show no signs of decay.  We definitely need to be on the lookout for more runes as we travel deeper in.  Let's everyone get patched up and get ready to head in.  I do have one question though, Silwen.  You seemed to hesitate during the fight.  It's not like you at all.  What is on your mind that weighs you down and distracts you from the glory you so love to chase?"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Ever get yourself out of a mess, rather then into one, Benito?" Cú chuckles as he walks up to the archway. "Let me be having a look at these runes then."

This, my dear Neulratol, is the language of my people, 
"buidheann agus saoghail"
"The runes read something about a horde, in relation to something sacred, lets have some fun lads, what say you Silwen, you want to get your head out your bloody arse and go start a new red river?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Please, someone help me get this rock off my leg. Its already crushing my leg, I don't want it to smash my foot too!" Benito looks at the carvings on the floor, who carves pictures on th-. A black ring encompasses Benito's sight and he goes limp on the ground after a series of twitches.

A tall creature holds a limp child in its hands. The body is lifeless and cold but the creature holds it closer to its chest, hugging it. Arcane equipment on the table pulse with a radiant blue energy and the creature gently lays the child on the table. A humming sound grows and light pulses from the equipment grows in luminosity before the creature has to look away. A tear from the creature causes a spark and the room is dark. A flicker of light and the child is contained in a tomb and the creature, now nothing but arcane energy, is covered in rock. Destined to patrol the rest of the tomb for the rest of eternity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I hesitated because I did not expect Cú to disregard my tactics and run straight in." She shrugs. "I guess this is where we differ, friend. Where I will pause to take the advantage, you bet your hand entirely on might." She smirks, taking a crack at Cú again. "Also, I was rather excited by the whole situation. I wanted to enjoy it for a moment before I joined the party." 

She walks over to the boulder on Benito's leg. "Hey... hey!" She notices he has gone quiet. "I'll help you lift since Cú is deciphering the runes for us." She squats down to gain purchase on the boulder and then, together, they heave it off. She kneels down to hover herself over Benito. "Hey, old friend, you still with us?" She taps his cheek. "Neulratol, maybe healing will help? Also, where is Thorin?" She takes a look around, remembering that he seemed a little hesitant as well during the fight. "As soon as we make sure we're fit for fighting, I will gladly take you on, Cú. Do you know how to get in?"  She looks at Cú and then at the giant rune covered stone door. 

Edited by MadCast: Vyoletta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Agreed.  A bit of healing might do him a world of good.  I'll see what I can do in that department."

embed?X36039410

embed?X36039444

Cures Benito for 7 HP.

"Now lets see what Cu comes up with for those runes.  I'd hate to walk into a death trap without at least a little bit of information."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Thorin reads the runes, the door to the temple grinds against its housing and slides away, into the ground. Perhaps the fall of its guardian has caused this, perhaps instead it was caused by the approach. The interior is an inky blackness, stretching back into an unknown infinity. The runes about the doorway glow an iridescent blue, and the interior lights up under the same runic light. There is no dust, nor cobweb, inside the temple. The repeating geometric patterns are perfectly clean and the ruin emanates an eerie calm. The party gathers on the threshold and sees the tunnel inside terminate into another stone door set into an archway. The walls are covered in a fascinating script that glows continually, and a feeling of stillness settles in.

What do you do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I know not the mechanics or meaning of these runes. I can say with a great deal of certainty though, that these are the works of a masterfully skilled rune scribe of the Dwarves.  Potent magics are sure to be fortifying a place any such Dwarf would have spent time."

Thorin enters the doorway, beckoning his allies and straining his eyes to adjust to the new lighting.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Dwarves indeed, troubadour, kin of mine. They won't take kindly to myself being of the party invading this place, but indeed I care no t for such portents, save that their added ferocity will make decking this moldering ruin more enjoyable."

With that, the dwarf let out a bellowing laugh of maniacal pleasure, and set off into the temple.

 

Edited by MadCast: majorhoward
Edited for Formatting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.