Game suggestions for detilting / unwinding?

So, I'm sure some of you have noticed that League has really gotten to me lately. Playing it often results in foul moods, unusual behavior, overall frustration,etc..  However, the other games I play are somewhat competitive (albeit I don't care about my KDA / rank in other said games) and do not fully allow me to unwind like I need to.

What are games that you play to unwind or relax? Nothing too grindy either (Looking at you, WoW)

Edited by MadCast: Usefully Useless

If you're not played it before, and like deadpan humour, play The Stanley Parable, its good for quite a few laughs.
Another thing that I play is the major trilogy of paradox games, Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis 4, and, sometimes, if in the mood, Stellaris, especially the first two though, if you like grand strategy style games, they're not about how you win, its about how you lose, and can lead to some really hilarious after action reports (shall i cite for an example, this https://imgur.com/a/lYnST)

Edited by MadCast: majorhoward
afterthoughts

So far my favorite has been RimWorld. It's not eye popping graphics, but the stories that you can create with your minions can be something great. I have one run that I am focusing on right now, started out as tribal, and researching my way up the research tree. In this run I have a guy named Lucky, in an attack by pirates, his tribe mates shot off his left arm and leg.... Needless to say, it can be entertaining and frustrating all at the same time, but it's always fun. It's only single player as well.

Awards

A few of my favorites:

For basebuilding games, I like Factorio, Rimworld, and Oxygen Not Included. Factorio is a game where you are building an automated factory to launch a rocket (or several) into space. It is great because most of the problems are caused by you, and not bad RNG, but it sometimes takes a lot of thought and planning.

Helldivers is a fun top down shooter, it's a 4 player coop where something goes wrong constantly, but it's completely expected (or unexpected in how wrong it goes). People get blown up by their own air strikes they called in, get crushed by ammo drops, or even by their own allies being revived.

Slay the Spire is a great single player card/deckbuilding game, you fight enemies, and craft your deck throughout a run. Can sometimes be a little frustrating if you can't find a card that you need, but a great game overall.

• 2 weeks later...