MadCast: Kitty Stark

Pineapple Pizza - PICK A SIDE

Pineapple on Pizza - PICK A SIDE  

59 members have voted

1. 1. The time has come to see who is on the right side of history... choose wisely, for you undoubtedly will affect the future of food forever.

• #PineapplePizzaPeople
    • Pizza conservatives
    • I'm a sinner and I don't eat pizza

hawaiian style pizza (pineapple + ham), is great. Just pineapple on a regular cheese pizza? Meh, not as much. I agree with someone on the first page, saying pineapple can overpower the normal pizza flavors, especially if its large chunks. I prefer much smaller pieces, as the taste isn't quite as overpowering then. A mixture of sweetness from the pineapple with the normal savory flavors of pizza, is a good combo, imo. 

2 hours ago, MadCast: Munsa said:

Also can I derail this thread to suggest that muenster is perhaps a better cheese for pizza than mozz?

I support this, especially if it's got a good smoke to it. 

Anything with a good melt quality and flavor just makes me happy. 

to me pizza is just pizza as long as anhovies and mushrooms and olifs are off my pizza ill pretty much eat it the others will kill me lol

40 minutes ago, MadCast: VoShay said:

Not to reopen old wounds but....

J9vSztF.jpg

Pineapple can be on pizza if they don't pair it with tomato, it's fucking awful.

We stan a good olive oil, crushed red pepper, and salt base.

3 hours ago, MadCast: Starlight said:

pineapple on pizza is gross

See, the point of this thread (for those of us who are decent human beings anyway) isn't to convince everyone that this is tasty or anything. You are entitled to your opinion on it, but the real question is whether you think others should be allowed to eat whatever they want on pizza without being harassed about it, online or otherwise.

Pineapple on pizza has its place. Like on Hawaiian pizza, that's where it belongs. I wouldn't put it on a barbecue pizza. It's like the wisdom vs knowledge line about tomatoes and salads. 

I come from a family of restaurant owners. Authentic Italian cocai- pizza. I work at one of them and i have for about 4 years now. Pineapple is probably my favorite topping. It is not for everyone. But!! I will say!! Pineapple needs a salty/savory flavor to balance out the pizza properly. My go to is usually Margherita, sausage, pineapple, uncut cocaine. 

But ive had people ask for Mayo and peas on pizza. Then people ask for literally broccoli and anchovies on pizza. Everyone is weird. So don't listen to anyone but yourself on this topic. 

Sincerely, 

A Pizza-fessional, Major Overlord Don Scuoglio

in my professional opinion pineapple's do not belong on pizza. reason being: pineapple's sweetness ruins the entire aspect of wanting pizza.   BUT... in the real world...if the customer wants it, then they get it. the customer is always right.

Pineapple on Pizza is the greatest creation ever. This post actually inspired me to order some pizza for myself, and you can bet I'm getting pineapple on it.