Sign in to follow this  
Eternia

Champion: Yorick, The Gravedigger

Champion Sneak Peek:

Link: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-sneak-peek-%E2%80%93-yorick-gravedigger

Image: http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws.com/images/news/June_2011/2011_06_07_yorick_tease/yorick-teaser_EN.jpg

Special Note: We’ll be behind closed doors at E3 showing off a few of our upcoming champions, including Yorick and his host of undead friends. But don’t worry: Everything we’re showing at E3, we’re reproducing here on the League of Legends website! Stay tuned for more details during E3.

Mechanics Preview:

Greeting Summoners!

We wanted to give a sneak-peak into Yorick’s gameplay in a quick mini-update.

Yorick is our first champion that utilizes the creation and use of summoned minions. All of Yorick’s spells have varying immediate effects, but each leaves behind a different minion of the appropriate type. For example, Omen of Pestilence creates an AOE explosion at the target location that does damage and slows, and leaves behind a Decaying Ghoul. This ghoul will then slow targets adjacent to it during its lifespan. All Ghouls have a constantly draining life bar that limits their lifespan to a short duration, and enemies attacking them will shorten it even more.

Yorick isn’t some frail, weak Necromancer that just commands minions though – he’s a burly fighter who can dish out punishment on his own. This was done primarily to make his play more consistent (as frail summoners typically have really binary PvP gameplay on if their minions are up or not). Yorick can get into a fight and go toe-to-toe with enemies while commanding an ever-changing army of undead Ghouls.

Omen of Death is his trademark ultimate that brings players back from the dead to exact Vengeance. Yorick can use this Omen on an ally, which creates a revenant of that champion. If that champion is killed while the revenant exists, then the target gains temporary undeath, coming back from the dead at full life which drains on its own rapidly. After the risen ally runs out of health again, they collapse once more.

We really hope you enjoy our new master of undeath in the upcoming patch!

Art Spotlight:

Champion Approaches:

Link: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/news/new-champion-approaches-yorick-gravedigger

Skillset:

Omen of War: Yorick’s next attack will deal bonus physical damage and summon a Spectral Ghoul that deals additional damage and moves faster than Yorick’s other ghouls. While the Spectral Ghoul is alive, Yorick moves faster as well.

Omen of Pestilence: Yorick summons a Decaying Ghoul that arrives with a violent explosion, dealing damage and slowing nearby enemies. While the Decaying Ghoul remains alive, nearby enemies continue to be slowed.

Omen of Famine: Yorick steals life from his target and summons a Ravenous Ghoul that heals Yorick for the damage it deals.

Omen of Death (Ultimate): Yorick conjures a revenant in the image of one of his allies. If his ally dies while its revenant is alive, the revenant sacrifices itself to reanimate them and give them time to enact vengeance.

Unholy Covenant (Passive): Yorick’s attacks deal more damage for each summon that is active. Meanwhile, Yorick’s ghouls deal some percent of Yorick’s Attack Damage and have some percent of his total health.

League Judgment:

Link: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/news/league-judgement-yorick-gravedigger

Champion Spotlight:

Edited by MadCast: Eternia

The end of Season One is approaching fast, and between the Season One Championship at DreamHack and E3, there’s an awful lot to do here at the Riot Office. Additionally, Orianna was an extremely exciting and edgy new champion, and we want to take the extra time to ensure that the next champion will be just as groundbreaking before we turn them loose on the Field of Justice. For these reasons, we’ve decided to take a bit of break from champion releases and balance changes until after we return from Sweden following the Season One Championship.

Enough said.

this guy looks like my style of play. I like the microing champions hence chen in dota and ophilia in HON. I really want to see a champion that has minions you can control seperatly...this guy is a step closer to what im looking for. sadly being able to micro dudes in these games is sad....i can do it really well here but if i take sc2 and try to micro i fail miserably.

I sense brokenness lol. Him combined with hard carries or CC juggernauts will make him one of the ultimate supports in the game. Laning against him will also be brutal with someone like Trynd or any tanky dps lol.

I translated that as such: "We recognize that Yorick is weaksauce and you guys probably are raging because you wasted your money. I'm here to tell you that when we get to it we may change whatever we want as we feel is needed when we get around to it. Peace bitches."