MadCast: Kal

Black Friday MSI Monitor Question/Sanity Check

Question

Hi Tech ppl, does anyone have any experience with these monitors? I have a GTX 2060 so I think 1080p is good enough with the 165hz and 1ms. Size would be significant upgrade and the monitor is within my budget so this is a quick sanity check!

https://www.newegg.com/msi-optix-ag32c-31-5-full-hd/p/N82E16824475004?nm_mc=AFC-RAN-COM&cm_mmc=AFC-RAN-COM&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-Skimlinks.com&AFFID=2116208&AFFNAME=Skimlinks.com&ACRID=1&ASUBID=87431X1540261Xc4845b6fdae1d770e9f24a54dd58ad0b&ASID=&ranMID=44583&ranEAID=2116208&ranSiteID=TnL5HPStwNw-mtLn2GqPOGWgffveTAWAXA

Awards

4 answers to this question

If you really think that 1080 is going to be enough for you for the foreseeable future... this is a solid choice.  Just know that the bigger the monitor... the more you start to notice the pixels.  They've made some significant improvements on this build since their first gen and it's got solid reviews.  PS:  It's the same price on Amazon and it's available for Prime.

1 hour ago, MadCast: Scooba said:

If you really think that 1080 is going to be enough for you for the foreseeable future... this is a solid choice.  Just know that the bigger the monitor... the more you start to notice the pixels.  They've made some significant improvements on this build since their first gen and it's got solid reviews.  PS:  It's the same price on Amazon and it's available for Prime.

I dont but was advised that a GTX 2060 would struggle with anything more than 1080p. Would be interested in your opinion on that! Thanks for the advice!

Awards

I use a 2k, 27" monitor with a 2070 super. My card handles it fine.  According to benchmark GPU, the 2070 super is 27% more powerful. I generally hover at 50-70 fps in tarkov depending on map. I'd say if you want 60+ frames on newer games, stick with the 1080p and maybe even go for a slightly smaller monitor if the pixels are noticeable and bother you. I'm sure there are a few people that can speak from experience with 32" + monitors at 1080, however I am not one of them.