MadCast: Kal

Lets do a Dark Matter One Shot!

@MadCast: The Prince and @MadCast: RedJustice graced my presence with a one shot in earl December which I think went well and may have helped to push Red towards DM'ing herself (oh god what have I helped to unleash?).

So to the one shot, please confirm your interest in the thread below and indicate what day of the week is a dealbreaker for you and what day(s) are ideal. I am West Coast so will ensure a week night start of 630pmPT/930pmET though I can adjust this as needed. If at the weekend I can be more flexible with timing.

I will provide either pre-gen characters or assistance with character creation. I will also provide a PDF of the rules. This PDF has been provided to me by the Devs for the purpose of running one shots, cos they are lovely people.

I am away in the UK until the 22nd January from next Tuesday (7th Jan) and will look to run this in the final week or weekend of January. 

Happy for candidates to join and if we don't have sufficient interest I will consider inviting non-MC.

@MadCast: QuantaMentat @MadCast: doublestufforeo @MadCast: Kitty Stark @MadCast: Wazap 

Cheers!

Awards

Thanks for all the comments.

OK so it seems that Saturday 1st February is the day that suits best, the game length will of course depends on what happens but I would expect a minimum of 3 hours and aim for a maximum of 5 hours.

Given that I will look at starting the game at 5pm PT/8pm ET

Current players:

DSO
Kitty
Waz
Howard
Quanta

Do people have an issue with using pre-gens linked below?

What is the best way to share the PDF of the setting and rules given that I would prefer it not be disseminated to those outside of the game?

Pre-Gen Characters

Edited by MadCast: Kal
Damnit, I forgot Quanta. Bad Kal, bad.

Awards

FYI the Pre-gens are broken down in to 2 Tanks (Barbarian and Cleric or even Monk) 2 Healers (Cleric and Star Warlock) and 2 Damage dealers (Monk and Gunslinger or Barbarian)

Also, please do DM me here or on discord with any considerations as to what type of game appeals to you, combat heavy, RP heavy, potential to continue the oneshot in a campaign, as well as anything you are NOT interested in experiencing. I will try to accomodate the preferences and will work with you to avoid things that you do not like or may find triggering.

Cheers

Edited by MadCast: Kal
moar text

Awards

That time works for me, hope to see you all there. I don't mind playing a pre-gen character if that's easier for you, and I prefer a bit more of the roleplaying while incorporating skillsets but I'm fine with a decent bit of combat.

Pick or make a character, work out some background for your character so you know how you want to play him/her/they. 

Let me know what character you choose if a pre-gen please! If you make a character please send it to me!

You can also think about what kind of game you want to play and let me know if you want.

I am absolutely happy to make a time to talk stuff over or help you make/flesh out a character.

@MadCast: Kitty Stark had some ideas about how you could RP if you want to go that route!

Awards

Thanks all! 

You will be starting the game in a shuttle from the local Maw, Maws are an ancient system of wormhole gates placed within the skeletal maws of ancient space lwviathons of unknown species or origin. The shuttle is heading to a mega space station nearby where at least some of you will be meeting with l a Society contact who has reached out regarding work the Society needs to outsource. Feel free to work out if you know each other and If so how. 

The Society of Explorers and Salvagers is effectively a good aligned organisation of adventurers and mercs that is often aligned with the the entity known as Astrogations Inc which is the primary point for mapping known space within the Maw network and beyond the rim (see map in the pdf). 

It is commonly known that the Society sent off a massive expedition to a system now known as the Scoured World's. The expedition was not successful though more details are not commonly known. As a result of losing the majority of its active field members through this expedition the Society has been relying on freelancers such as yourselves while rebuilding its resources and reputation. 

Awards

OK, so please remember to fill in the missing details on your chosen character sheet. I.e. name, gender, alignment etc bonus if you decide on flaws and ideals etc on the left hand sidebar.

If you can, consider why you are on the shuttle headed to Absalom Station, perhaps you were one of the people contacted by the Society and are meeting your contact station-side? Do you perhaps know any of the others in the party? 

You can also roll 3d4 x 50 to determine your starting credits. Credits can roughly be considered equal to gold pieces, with the lower denomination being chits and coming in .10 and .50 of a credit.

Lastly if you look at page 75 in the PDF you will see starting equipment. Choose a pack!

See you all at 5pm PST/8pm EST tomorrow!

Awards