Sign in to follow this  
MadCast: Pushover

Deep Rock Galactic

Just picked this game up, and it's absolutely fantastic. It's an up to 4 player coop game where everyone is a beer-loving dwarf miner in space, working for Deep Rock Galactic, a company that cares almost as much about employee safety as a 19th century coal mining company.

It plays similar to Minecraft cave exploration mixed with Left for Dead. You explore caves, shoot alien bugs in the face, mine resources, load them up onto the cart until you have met your mission goals. Then you battle your way back to the surface to get on the drop pod before it leaves without you. Each player plays one of 4 different classes, and you mine resources to unlock weapon and equipment upgrades. The different biomes and enemies along with the procedural level generation makes the levels different every time. Each class provides something different to the team, but does so in a way that does not make any class mandatory or stronger than another.

It's still in early access, but it's a full game at this point, and is probably close to release. I'm still new at the game, but it's a lot of fun and has great atmosphere.

Awards

27 minutes ago, MadCast: Pushover said:

Just picked this game up, and it's absolutely fantastic. It's an up to 4 player coop game where everyone is a beer-loving dwarf miner in space, working for Deep Rock Galactic, a company that cares almost as much about employee safety as a 19th century coal mining company.

It plays similar to Minecraft cave exploration mixed with Left for Dead. You explore caves, shoot alien bugs in the face, mine resources, load them up onto the cart until you have met your mission goals. Then you battle your way back to the surface to get on the drop pod before it leaves without you. Each player plays one of 4 different classes, and you mine resources to unlock weapon and equipment upgrades. The different biomes and enemies along with the procedural level generation makes the levels different every time. Each class provides something different to the team, but does so in a way that does not make any class mandatory or stronger than another.

It's still in early access, but it's a full game at this point, and is probably close to release. I'm still new at the game, but it's a lot of fun and has great atmosphere.

I'll give it a try

17 hours ago, MadCast: Qrow said:

Is it worth the price do you think? Or could you stream it sometime?

I'm at close to 100 hours, and I'll keep playing it.

I can stream solo, but I potentially have lag issues streaming in MP, and the game is more fun in MP.

Awards