MadCast: JigglesTheFett

Headquarters Creation Discussion!

Major Update:

Going into Chapter 2, our wonderful patron Trithemius will be giving us the base of our Headquarters. What we will be getting is the base land and buildings for a 'college or large school' size headquarters as defined in the 'Fortresses, Temples & Strongholds' book by Warlock Homebrew.

The books, which are free homebrew options, are available here:

CORE book: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pFgit9-OjcXXOUDlNAv0FgWkn5FZlYVK

With this, comes a base amount of six expansion slots for us to build initial buildings with the possibility for us to add more expansion slots in the future.

The current amount of gold that has been donated, plus anything additional that anyone may want to add, will go towards the purchase/construction of the expansion slots.

The base HQ comes with a theater and decent living quarters for 50 people. Outside of this, we can decide as a group what we want to build first.

The main book has a bunch of rooms, and then there are two books that have additional rooms as well you can find them here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nTuOVS6zqyly0H0xMkhN2tb68kzjx09U

and

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VeUzK0UIMncNs9Ss6raHlz4pSH1U8GQ6

There are a lot of options available, and some of them can actually generate us passive income!

I'll be following up THIS post with a few of my own ideas.

Ideas for first buildings -

Tavern - 1 Room Slot

Cost: 2,500 gp

Can provide quests and rumors, as well as generate passive information.

Smithy - 1 room slot

Can allow players to craft items if they have the ability. Items craft at double speed while using this. With a skilled hireling, it can generate passive income from a particular type of artisan.

Library - 1 room slot

It's a library.

Garden - 1 room slot

Cost, 2,500 gp

Every 30 days provides enough herbs to make 10 common potions for free (i.e. potion of healing), 4 uncommon, or 1 rare.

Stables - 1 room slot

Horses!

There are plenty of other options available too!

chapel - 1 room slot

Cost 2,500gp

A small chapel containing religious imagery, seating, iconography and proper accoutrements, alongside a modest library of holy texts and literature. The air hums with the resonance of hymns, and the comforting soul of the divine.

firefox_TPZ0xSWXkm.png

Awards

Any interest in a Dinning Hall - 1 room point

Cost 2500 gp

Every 7 days, a banquet may be held in this room. The owner of the structure rolls 1d4 (or 1d8 if the banquet includes a meal prepared by an individual with proficiency in cook's utensils), and divides out the result as points of inspiration to those present. Only one point of inspiration may be given to any one individual. If the meal would have been special, beneficial properties (as with the goodberry spell or similar), those properties apply to all individuals present that consume the meal.

4 hours ago, MadCast: Quanta said:

Any interest in a Dinning Hall - 1 room point

Cost 2500 gp

Every 7 days, a banquet may be held in this room. The owner of the structure rolls 1d4 (or 1d8 if the banquet includes a meal prepared by an individual with proficiency in cook's utensils), and divides out the result as points of inspiration to those present. Only one point of inspiration may be given to any one individual. If the meal would have been special, beneficial properties (as with the goodberry spell or similar), those properties apply to all individuals present that consume the meal.

I believe our lodge/campus gets that for free vis a vis the stronghold guide. I may be wrong.

21 hours ago, MadCast: VoShay said:

I believe our lodge/campus gets that for free vis a vis the stronghold guide. I may be wrong.

Under Guildhall or Lodge it says "and a free dining hall that costs neither room points nor gold." Sounds correct to me. 

I quite like the Illusory Shroud.

2,500 GP

15 Days

Your structure is under the unending effects of a hallucinatory terrain spell, the details of which you have determine when you first build this room. If you choose, this spell may also affect the area around your structure in a distance of up to 300 feet in all directions. 

At any time, the owner of this structure or an ally that they designate may change the nature of this illusion by entering the room and using an action to do so, determining whatever new attributes of the illusion apply. The illusion may be temporarily disabled with such an action, as well, or re-enabled with a similar action at a later time.

17 minutes ago, MadCast: doublestufforeo said:

Under Guildhall or Lodge it says "and a free dining hall that costs neither room points nor gold." Sounds correct to me. 

While that is correct, we are not getting a Guildhall or Lodge. We are getting a College or Large School, for free. Which gets a free Theater, not a dining hall.

We can have any and all rooms that we'd like... at a cost. What we should do right now is figure out which of all of the rooms to use for those first rooms. 6 room points is going to fill up quickly, even doing 1 room point rooms for maximum utilization is only 7 (including the theater) rooms to start. Also the core building is going to be at no cost but we do need to buy any and all rooms and additional room points so while we have 8000 from donations to be able to fully use the 6 room points we will need a minimum of 15k or 7000 more than has been donated.

Our 'Campus' is a modified 'College or large school' - A center of scholarly learning, concerned with a particular vocation, magical practice or bardic tradition. Contains lavish private quarters for up to 10 instructors and communal, if not entirely stark, living for up to 90 students. Comes with a free theater that costs neither room points nor gold.
We just split the difference on the living quarters and instead of 100 mismatched rooms we are going to have 50 decent rooms.

All of this in consideration I think that something like

• Tavern
  • Smithy 
  • Garden (Druid Grove)
  • Dinning Hall
  • Chapel
  • Stables
  • Theater

Feels like it ticks a lot of the boxes for everyone. Remember we were fortunate to have Trithemius find us a great parcel of lake front land not far from Moda Curas. We will be able to have docks and air docks and black jack and hookers or whatever else anyone could want and we can do it as a company, off the top of the cut or continue on a donation basis or even solo commissions would totally be possible. Plus we have a dedicated team of DM's and even if there is something that isn't explicitly contained in these 'Fortresses, Temples & Strongholds' books, or if you'd like to see about adapting something from another system of headquarters such as Franchise from Acquisitions Incorporated. We can be as basic 'this is the new screen we sit at between sessions that replaced the camp' or as ambitious as we'd like.

Edited by MadCast: Chibiushi

Awards

I think we are very close to a consensus on the initial build of our Campus (College or large school in the Fortresses, Temples, and Strongholds book).

As @MadCast: Chibiushihas complied

1 hour ago, MadCast: Chibiushi said:
  • Tavern
  • Smithy 
  • Garden (Druid Grove)
  • Dinning Hall
  • Chapel
  • Stables
  • Theater

are good choices that should be agreeable by everyone.

I guess we could be democratic and vote for this as the final. I propose that if greater than %50 of players agree we can start construction.

Personally, I would replace the Dining Hall with a Library. The biggest issue with how this game is ran, is set amounts of time. Sure the Dining hall randomly gives out inspiration to people who are present at the once a week banquet. Perhaps in the future, but honestly I see it as being too RNG to be of any real use to a group of ~20 players.

Edited by MadCast: JigglesTheFett

2 hours ago, MadCast: Quanta said:

I think we are very close to a consensus on the initial build of our Campus (College or large school in the Fortresses, Temples, and Strongholds book).

As @MadCast: Chibiushihas complied

are good choices that should be agreeable by everyone.

I guess we could be democratic and vote for this as the final. I propose that if greater than %50 of players agree we can start construction.

by weight or?

Awards

3 hours ago, MadCast: JigglesTheFett said:

Personally, I would replace the Dining Hall with a Library. The biggest issue with how this game is ran, is set amounts of time. Sure the Dining hall randomly gives out inspiration to people who are present at the once a week banquet. Perhaps in the future, but honestly I see it as being too RNG to be of any real use to a group of ~20 players.

If you think that will be a better choice, I support it.

by weight or?

51% of player characters that are active. I believe that would require 10 people to agree.

Edited by MadCast: Quanta

1 hour ago, MadCast: The Prince said:

I see no training grounds on that list.

That's not a room, but you can do that outside in a dirt circle and it will be almost equally effective. It's something to be added as one of the first additional rooms once we have the funding, I think.

Is the chapel a multipurpose building for whatever our religious compatriots desire, or do we need to worry about separate structures for each deity?

Just now, MadCast: Kitty Stark said:

That's not a room, but you can do that outside in a dirt circle and it will be almost equally effective. It's something to be added as one of the first additional rooms once we have the funding, I think.

Is the chapel a multipurpose building for whatever our religious compatriots desire, or do we need to worry about separate structures for each deity?

It is in fact a room. It is an 'alternate build' of the Battle Ring. And the Chapel should be fine as a multipurpose, perhaps little areas with shrines to different gods. I don't forsee a lot of friction between the parties gods.

On 2/24/2020 at 9:29 PM, MadCast: JigglesTheFett said:

And the Chapel should be fine as a multipurpose, perhaps little areas with shrines to different gods. I don't forsee a lot of friction between the parties gods.

The very idea is inconceivable to our Elven overlords! Sharing the heavens with us? With man? Ha! They can barely tolerate our presence on earth!

Today, they take away your faith. But what of tomorrow? What then? Do the elves take your homes? Your businesses? Your children? Your very lives?

Edited by MadCast: Kitty Stark

So with the continued conversations and understanding of the functions of the Tavern and Dining Hall:

• Magical Enchanter
  • Smithy 
  • Garden (Druid Grove)
  • Baths
  • Chapel
  • Stables
  • Theater

First off, the baths thing was a joke I said about Ogma, and wasn't serious.

Secondly, discussion was had and approval has been given for the ability to build some of these 'rooms' in an RP sense, without having to spend the room point, but without getting the mechanical benefits from the book. For example, the tavern/dining hall, etc.

With that in mind, with the list that chibi posted, if we replaced baths with either the training ground (which will probably need to be 'rebuilt' at some point as well since that is going to be more expansive than just what the book says) or the library and we'd have a pretty solid foundation.

Thanks Jiggles.

I would like to fund the building of a small pigeon loft atop the soup kitchen. This is purely for flavour and I only see myself using it in the RP thread initially. I will fund the building of a small structure intended to initially house a dozen pigeons and doves, and of course pay for upkeep. Sol will likely sleep there fairly regularly in a small cot, alternating between the barracks and the cot with the birds

Should that change I would see who else would be interested in building an Animal Pen - Aviary (p.5 Stronghold PDF), there dont appear to be attendent benefits (from a quick PDF search for animal pen) but we could potentially use the birds for communication though I havent really planned that as the objective.

Edited by MadCast: Kal

On 2/24/2020 at 4:52 PM, MadCast: JigglesTheFett said:

Keep in mind that we are the arbiters of this reality.

If you guys wanted a dining hall, I would represent that in our little experiment via doling out inspiration based on a random selection from current session signups, for example.

How about we commit to a phase one and put a solid plan in for phase two, I believe getting more room points is achievable but will cost a lot.

I am seeing that phase one could be:

• Magical Enchanter
  • Smithy 
  • Garden (Druid Grove)
  • Dining Hall (or Tavern)
  • Chapel
  • Stables
  • Theater (Comes with the base campus)

Phase two, based on peoples requests can be:

• Training Grounds
  • Tavern
  • Soup Kitchen
  • Baths

13 minutes ago, MadCast: Quanta said:

How about we commit to a phase one and put a solid plan in for phase two, I believe getting more room points is achievable but will cost a lot.

I am seeing that phase one could be:

• Magical Enchanter
  • Smithy 
  • Garden (Druid Grove)
  • Dining Hall (or Tavern)
  • Chapel
  • Stables
  • Theater (Comes with the base campus)

Phase two, based on peoples requests can be:

• Training Grounds
  • Tavern
  • Soup Kitchen
  • Baths

Who has actually asked for the Baths? I made a joke about Ogma needing them, but I was not serious at all.

The soup kitchen could also be one of those "RP-Based" buildings that may not give us any crazy mechanical benefit so it doesn't cost any room points.

Not terrible, but I still think our first two room points after the first 6 should be the portal conflux room from the additional structures book I linked with the main one. It will allow us quick transportation around the world to deal with anything that may not be in our immediate vicinity. It will also allow Interloper's inc. to maintain a presence in various cities around the world, which I believe is a great way to get new hooks from far away lands! which means more money, which means more easily building new rooms!