Sign in to follow this  
MadCast: VoShay

General RP thread?

One minor issue I've noticed thus far in LD&D is that we don't seem to have an overabundance of time for character conversations and moments. Trying to squeeze an entire experience into three hours with 6 or sometimes 8 to 12 players is already trying, before making space for people to talk to each other without moving the main plot of the experience forward (or only moving it forward slowly). I think it would behoove us to set up a thread (or a thread per chapter) to allow us to have conversations as downtime, or between sessions, so characters can get the chance to really learn about each other. 

What say you all? would you use a thread for character roleplay between sessions?

I would actively participate in any "play-by-posts", roleplay or otherwise. I also wonder if, now that Munsa is getting a few more hands on deck, we could schedule RP-centric sessions between 2-3 characters in the party that interact well with each other, just in a slice-of-life style. Legoless and Hubert, Sol and Titian, Jack and Rodrigo; we have a lot of characters that potentially play well off of each other's personalities.

On 2/8/2020 at 6:38 AM, MadCast: Kitty Stark said:

I would actively participate in any "play-by-posts", roleplay or otherwise. I also wonder if, now that Munsa is getting a few more hands on deck, we could schedule RP-centric sessions between 2-3 characters in the party that interact well with each other, just in a slice-of-life style. Legoless and Hubert, Sol and Titian, Jack and Rodrigo; we have a lot of characters that potentially play well off of each other's personalities.

People can always work together to develop characters, with or without a 'DM' present. I suggest a roleplay thread, though, for a couple reasons-

A. Everyone can still see the story developing if they want to (so its not a complete surprise so and so are friends or rivals now or have had a character arc)

B. I think for a lot of people a meaningful part of playing these characters is to see them interact with each other, and if its a roleplay thread allows anyone interested to see the parts of the story in between the climatic big bits.

Since we've seen some interest, I'll go ahead and post it up later today.