MadCast: Qrow

Revival of League fun days?

Would people participate in a Funday someday?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. I know I enjoyed Funday Mondays, and would like to find out if people would be interested in some kind of revival. Just a preliminary poll.

• Yes, I would be interested and participate in Funday on someday of the week.
    • I don't have interest one way or another. (if you don't play League, please abstain from voting)

Hello fellow League gamers!

For those who know, Funday Monday used to be a thing. For those who don't know, it used to be a thing where the League community and friends of MadCast would come together to play fun game modes in house customs in LoL. I am interested in potentially reviving League fun days on some day or another. I wouldn't want it to clash with other big events, but for now I'm mainly asking just to see if people would be interested. Thank you for reading and answering the poll or commenting! 

Awards

8 hours ago, MadCast: Qrow said:

I wouldn't want it to clash with other big events, but for now I'm mainly asking just to see if people would be interested.

The main issue I have with Funday Monday is it shares too much similarity with Mafia in the way it's run. It started petering out the last month and a half of its run, and I personally didn't really enjoy the modes that we had to offer. 

I personally think letting that one die is just fine and rolling with Mafia from here out is great. I also think that limiting the amount of events that one group has per week helps keep the fun in things. If not it kind of overencumbers you with Monday, Wednesday, Thursday nights all being League nights. 

On top of everything else with how many people are currently playing or planning on playing in LD&D that cross over into the League of Legends territory, I think it'd be right to give them the courtesy of allowing them to set up their recurring nights before we start adding more League events on. 

// Just my opinion though.

Those are great points. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I agree with that in that Mafia is plenty. It had just crossed my mind and thus I wanted to ask around. 

Awards

I think it might be an interesting idea to merge the two together in some way.  Offer mafia games with a twist such as Mafia but add some of the more fun iterations of Funday Monday.  Could easily do something like Mafia with team item, glass cannon, piano keys (all these mods i would suggest putting up for a bit of feedback as to what people like and would want to see).  That way LoL Mafia could change it up a bit from time to time.  Maybe rotate them in with a format of 1 month of normal Mafia games then the next month be a set of mixed Mafia games.  Bounce back and forth like that.  Heck, I've even heard some people say they would like to see Mafia on SR instead of the ARAM map.  All ideas to consider.  Either way I appreciate the interest in bringing more options to the community.

1 hour ago, MadCast: Support Welfare said:

I think it might be an interesting idea to merge the two together in some way.  Offer mafia games with a twist such as Mafia but add some of the more fun iterations of Funday Monday.  Could easily do something like Mafia with team item, glass cannon, piano keys (all these mods i would suggest putting up for a bit of feedback as to what people like and would want to see).  That way LoL Mafia could change it up a bit from time to time.  Maybe rotate them in with a format of 1 month of normal Mafia games then the next month be a set of mixed Mafia games.  Bounce back and forth like that.  Heck, I've even heard some people say they would like to see Mafia on SR instead of the ARAM map.  All ideas to consider.  Either way I appreciate the interest in bringing more options to the community.

i really enjoyed mafia when i played it and feel like your idea is amazing ;x id play it :D 

@MadCast: Qrow I love your enthusiasm, but I don't think adding a day to the schedule would help. Maybe more weekend events?

What i'd love to see is a growth in participation. I'd love to see new faces! Having 20 people show up for mafia would be super.

@MadCast: Support Welfare i do love variety. I'd like to see more in-houses. Maybe fun stuff like all yordles or only ionian, or matching skin team comp. Trolls- stuff that keeps it light, and keeps people off their main champions / main roles so no one is getting stomped.  We could even do a role/lane generator, where you have a 0% chance of getting one role  (of your choice), a 10% for your main and 30% for your lesser comfortable lanes- so id have a 0% chance for jungle, 30% for mid, adc, top and a 10% chance to get my main, support. 

This is my first month running mafia and it will run the same through the end of the month. I'd be happy to have more one on ones, voice conversations or even a meeting before the next Month ladder. I'd be happy to reshape Mafia night to fit the desires of Madcast. 

14 hours ago, MadCast: Cloud said:

Maybe more weekend events?

Yes I really just wanted a way to talk about this, which this thread has been successful imo. We have DST for weekends, which I love, and I might try to incorporate other relaxing, easy to learn games for maybe monthly game weekends.  At least I've thought about it. Stuff like Golf with Your Friends, or online pictionary, or CAH. Some of that stuff we used to do occasionally. 

Awards