MadCast: Munsa

Signup Masterthread: Munsa

I will be using this thread to collect signups for my personal LD&D sessions.

Next Module: A scroll bearing a the seal of the Imperial Coinmaster has been delivered to II, offering them a lucrative payout for settling a delicate situation.  The military has ordered a massive amount of raw materials from the mining and logging concerns in Mado Curas in preparation for repelling a Goblinoid invasion.  One of the more isolated, yet most important, of these operations is experiencing problems with a labor strike and picket.

To the east of Turm's Bend is a particularly rough river that runs through a stand of Gnarloak.  Gnarloak is remarkably difficult and labor intensive to harvest and prepare for use, but it has several uses that make it worth the investment.  The wood itself, without any magical processing needed, is almost completely resistant to fire and the excess sap harvested during processing can be used to make oils and potions of fire resistance.  The trees themselves are thick, dense, and hard to fell, and the trunks are covered in a particularly vicious nettlevine that lives in symbiosis with the tree.

Nearly the entire labor force has refused to work until gaps in their teams are filled and equipment rendered useless during the quake is either replaced or repaired.  They also demand to share in the profits from ongoing Imperial contracts instead of drawing meager wagepay.  To this end, they are holding hostage a large shipment of processed Gnarloak behind their barricades and refusing to harvest any more.  II is requested to dispatch a team to resolve this dispute and get the loggers back to work and the completed shipments on route to Mado Curas.

Points of Consideration:

• Violence and threats can be useful here, but the goal is to get the loggers working again, and dead loggers can't log.
  • Certain NPCs you have met might be able to offer insight and information on this conflict.
  • This is going to be a more nuanced module than I have run previously for LD&D, where optimal outcomes/rewards will require thoughtful decisions. 
  • These will be closed sessions.

NEXT SESSION:  Sunday April 5th @10PM 

UPCOMING SESSION: Tuesday, April 7th @ 8PM 

In your signup, please indicate the date you are signing up for, and include your character name and class/level.  Please also keep in mind that the MadCast CoC will be fully enforced at these and all LD&D sessions.  Please also speak up if you haven't played in a while, feel you are falling behind, or have any other concerns and they will be addressed.  I ask that everyone, in the spirit of community, be ready to delay a signup if someone with a restrictive RL schedule has a rare opportunity to play.

Please PM on the forums or Discord with any questions, so we can keep this thread a clean record of signups.  

5 hours ago, MadCast: Icarus said:

I'd like to sign up for Session 2 on Tuesday, March 8th. 

March 3rd @ 8PM 

Which I would like to join as well.

Belial - Rogue 3

Edited by MadCast: Ascent

Awards

I'd like to sign up for the 1st! level 5 artificer. I will defer for lower levels, of course.

Edited by MadCast: JigglesTheFett