MadCast: Icarus

Magic Item Swap and Auction Post

On 4/9/2020 at 8:07 AM, MadCast: Support Welfare said:

Beholder Plate (armor) AC 18 - You are proficient in heavy armor but have a 50% chance to be exhausted when hit.

moon is interested and willing to start the bid at 1100g

Awards

@MadCast: Starlight Wonderful to hear.  I'll leave the auction open for 12 hours (starting from your post) for any potential counter bids.  If no bids are placed the item is yours and you will be the new proud owner of a Beholder Plate!  Keep in mind that any magical item does come with an the requirement of being attuned (short rest focused on attuning the item to yourself).

6 hours ago, MadCast: Support Welfare said:

@MadCast: Starlight Wonderful to hear.  I'll leave the auction open for 12 hours (starting from your post) for any potential counter bids.  If no bids are placed the item is yours and you will be the new proud owner of a Beholder Plate!  Keep in mind that any magical item does come with an the requirement of being attuned (short rest focused on attuning the item to yourself).

Technically, this has to be a stated property and many/most armors and weapons don't require attunement unlike wondrous items (rings, amulets, etc).

I'm going to base this off the assumption that "skull of telepathy" is comparable to "helm of telepathy" in the Sane Magical Prices PDF that was pinned in the D&D channel.  Unless I'm mistaken you are getting a crazy good deal as the item would typically go for 12000 gold.  With that said I'd like to stick to the 1000 gold.  If I'm mistaken on comparing the 2 items please let me know and I am willing to re-evaluate.

Well, I'd like to withdraw my interest, I just re-read telepathy and it is only between you and a willing creature with which you are familiar, not suitable for what I had in mind.

As well, your item, The Cursed Skull of Telepathy and The Helm of Telepathy are quite different items with quite a different power level, I'll post the text of both here.

Cursed Skull

Can cast Telepathy once.  The spell is usable again after taking a long rest. (also this is cursed and can't be removed until the curse is broken)

Helm of Telepathy

While wearing this helm, you can use an action to cast the Detect Thoughts spell (save DC 13) from it. As long as you maintain Concentration on the spell, you can use a Bonus Action to send a telepathic Message to a creature you are focused on. It can reply - using a Bonus Action to do so - while your focus on it continues.

While focusing on a creature with Detect Thoughts, you can use an action to cast the suggestion spell (save DC 13) from The Helm on that creature. Once used, the Suggestion property can't be used again until the next dawn.

Edited by MadCast: majorhoward

Selling a "Potion of Goulish Strength" with the following effects

For 1 hour after drinking this rotting potion, your Strength score changes to 13 and your unarmed strike can paralyze a target. If the target is a creature other than an elf or undead, it must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be paralyzed for 1 minute. The creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.

Will Entertain offers. 

On 4/17/2020 at 12:18 AM, MadCast: majorhoward said:

Aye, but I was wanting to use it for role play purposes to telepathically scream obscenities into baddie's heads.

You can do that as long as they aren't super wise