Sign in to follow this  
MadCast: Apoz

Returning to League

If you're returning to league after a long hiatus like me, or are new and simply curious, you may be baffled at the amount of information available in the game. There are: five different roles, 148 playable champions, 43740 different rune page combinations, in-game mechanics such as wave control/trading/pressure/vision, pre-game mechanics such as team-composition/counter-picking/banning, and to top it off a generally unfriendly and toxic in-game community (solo-queue, I'm looking at you.)

I've begun doing some research to not only refresh my own understanding of the game, but become a better and more knowledgeable player overall. You may find some of the videos, guides, or links I dig up useful in either helping to begin an understanding of the fundamentals of league of legends, or in solidifying an existing sense of the game.

Links:

* u.gg (standard champion rune/item builds, win rates in different ranks, match-ups, summoner information)

* porofessor.gg (featured matches with builds, stats, and individual playstyles)

* leagueofgraphs.com (in-depth stats of specific champions, item builds and win rate percentages)

Videos:

1). Proguides' "A Complete Beginner's Guide to League of Legends" gives a fantastic general overview of the objectives of the game: 

2.) The YouTuber 'Snow Fox' briefly explains the newer rune system to those unfamiliar (a.k.a new players or those of us who had to BUY all of our runes):

3.) Ladder Up Gaming's "Team Roles Guide" gives good information about specific roles, their typically expected champions, and functions within the team:

Edited by Apoznaxaa

6 hours ago, MadCast: Pushover said:

For resources, u.gg is an excellent quick reference for what the 'standard' build (runes, skills, and items) is for a champion in any role, as well as a rough idea of how good their various matchups are.

Now THIS is useful!

*Updated OP with u.gg link, and Ladder Up Gaming's "Team Roles Guide."

I think it's important to have a general understanding of each of the five roles in the game, even if you only play some of them. Having an underlying understanding of your teammates goals and functions means you can help them better. I enjoy Ladder Up Gaming's video because it gives a good overview of lane purpose and the kinds of champions you'll find in respective roles. I would however recommend not thinking too hard about the sub-labels given (I.E bruiser, assassin, mage, etc.) as they are typically self-explanatory via. champion, and it's important to not feel pigeon-holed into playing only certain champions in a role.

43 minutes ago, MadCast: Epic said:

As an addition: professor.gg 

Matches builds, lists stats counters for champions, and provides a surface view for individuals champion stats and playstyle through a tag system. 

I use the overwolf app to have in display in game. Wonderful tool. 

I like this one! It also linked me to leagueofgraphs.com which has in-depth stats of specific champions, including item builds and win rate percentages. 

Whats that website that shows you if the enemy is good or not and tells your their stats i believe it might be an overlay but not sure? i know someone used it just couldnt remember what it was called.

Ive recently began to dabble again and I def feel overwhelmed with the amount of stuff I don't know so if people wanna play with a more or less total scrub hit me up

57 minutes ago, MadCast: Nevard said:

Ive recently began to dabble again and I def feel overwhelmed with the amount of stuff I don't know so if people wanna play with a more or less total scrub hit me up

id love to play with you my ign is Starlightsupport

On 8/3/2020 at 9:24 PM, MadCast: Nevard said:

There are at least a few MadCasters playing ARAMs, Blitz, and casual normals on a daily basis (myself included). Besides the rune changes, additional champions, minor map changes & champion reworks, the game plays largely the same. 

I would recommend checking out League Mafia as well for some casual shenanigans -- Wednesdays @ 9 P.M EST

I've been trying to grind through the pit of despair that is ranked solo queue, but when I'm not doing that I'm down for any game mode!