MadCast: The Prince

Vampire the Masquerade: Feedback Thread

I'd love to know how you guys felt about the Vampire the Masquerade games that I've run so far. In specific I have a few things:

1. How did you feel about your experience with the system (did you understand your character skills, stats, how to RP, dice rolls, etc,.)?
  2. How easy was it to use Fantasy Grounds Unity?
  3. How do you feel about my Storyteller style (mind you this was an on rails intro module) but any feedback on my characters and interactions?
  4. Do you feel like I paid attention to player safety and handled sensitive topics well? Where could I improve?
  5. Any additional feedback that you'd like to add is appreciated!

Intro Module Players: @MadCast: RedJustice, @MadCast: Icarus, @MadCast: Kal, @MadCast: Vyoletta, @MadCast: VoShay, @MadCast: Kitty Stark, @MadCast: majorhoward, @MadCast: Suixide22, @MadCast: HyndeSyte2020, and @teresasaurusrex

Edited by MadCast: The Prince
tagged players

27 minutes ago, MadCast: The Prince said:
  • How did you feel about your experience with the system (did you understand your character skills, stats, how to RP, dice rolls, etc,.)?
  • How easy was it to use Fantasy Grounds Unity?
  • How do you feel about my Storyteller style (mind you this was an on rails intro module) but any feedback on my characters and interactions?
  • Do you feel like I paid attention to player safety and handled sensitive topics well? Where could I improve?
  • Any additional feedback that you'd like to add is appreciated!

1. I have played older versions of vampire, so everything was pretty comfortable for me.

2. Fantasy grounds took some getting used to, and I still feel like I don’t know how to use half of it, but I feel comfortable as a player and think the tools are pretty solid.

3. I felt your style and play was substantive. Characters felt lived in and textured, and the interactions felt believable and interesting. 
4. I felt like you paid close attention to player safety and handled everything superbly. Not a single comment to give besides great job. 
5. Run more vampire. 😁

18 hours ago, MadCast: The Prince said:
  • How did you feel about your experience with the system (did you understand your character skills, stats, how to RP, dice rolls, etc,.)?
  • How do you feel about my Storyteller style (mind you this was an on rails intro module) but any feedback on my characters and interactions?
  • Do you feel like I paid attention to player safety and handled sensitive topics well? Where could I improve?
  1. The system was pretty easy. This was my first time playing Vampire and Prince made it easy to pick up and play.
  2. FGU I had never used before. The interface was streamlined and relatively easy to use. Some things like knowing when to double-click or how add Clan features to a roll took a try or two but easy to get the hang of.
  3. I really enjoyed that you engaged in banter with the players as the NPCs. Even in an on-the-rails adventure it's always best (imo) to advance the narrative through roleplay and not "DM voice of god". Our group leaned into roleplaying our characters and you met that with equal measure. Well done.
  4. I think this was well done. You pointed out in advance some of the riskier topics and invited open communication and how the players could call 'foul' without feeling awkard. Again, well done.
  5. For my first Vampire game I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Being an exclusively 5E "forever DM", I really enjoyed the change of pace and narrative structure that Vampire allows. You've inspired me to explore running a oneshot of my own. Thanks again for your time and energy, Prince!

20 hours ago, MadCast: The Prince said:
  • I'd say I definitely understood the basics and how certain skills were used, although the actual dice structure system is still a little confusing to me. However,
  • The virtual interface made it a lot simpler to play and understand VTM, and was easy to navigate so that I could read more about the world, my character, and other information while not actively participating.
  • I think you made all of the NPCs fun to interact with without being too cliché, and you did well to keep rolling with our eccentric characters. I know it was necessary for the nature of this event, but I was a bit thrown off by a lack of other NPCs looking for our recently-deceased characters, or any sort of police involvement or investigation after a car-chase with shooting. I know there's more to be told there or a deeper explanation you'd have for this world being the way it is, and I regret that we didn't have time to really get into all those explanations.
  • As far as I recall there weren't many sensitive topics that were broached during our session, but all things considered I would trust you to handle all of those issues well if they come up. I liked the checklist you shared in the Discord and think that's an excellent reference when you run this type of event again.
  • Really it was just a great time hanging out and I liked how everyone chose to play their characters. You did a great job setting everything up in advance as much as you could, and kept us on track for the most part while still letting us as players control how and where we followed the story.

On 6/30/2020 at 12:48 PM, MadCast: The Prince said:
  1. How did you feel about your experience with the system (did you understand your character skills, stats, how to RP, dice rolls, etc,.)?
  3. How do you feel about my Storyteller style (mind you this was an on rails intro module) but any feedback on my characters and interactions?
  4. Do you feel like I paid attention to player safety and handled sensitive topics well? Where could I improve?

1. I have experience with the older system. I think I did well with this set. I loved the pre-gen character I played.

2. It was great, actually. I have never used it before, but it's pretty nice. I like the option of zooming the whole UI in or out, and being able to change it from Full Screen without it being super weird.

3. I absolutely love your style. I find it really easy to follow the flow of the story with you, and I normally struggle with keeping up due to various reasons.  It's great.

4. Yes. I think you did a great job of prefacing the game and letting us know we can speak out if we feel uncomfortable. I don't have anything to add, except maybe prefacing certain scenes/stages that might have problematic content? But that wasn't a thing in our game. 

5. 20/10 would play again and again and again. 

On 6/30/2020 at 12:48 PM, MadCast: The Prince said:

I'd love to know how you guys felt about the Vampire the Masquerade games that I've run so far. In specific I have a few things:

1. Played an edition a while back and bloodlines a bit and that helped. Pre-gens were easy to decipher
2. Fine once downloaded
3. All was fine, you presented the situation well
4. No comments for an intro session

Cheers for the game

Awards