Sign in to follow this  
MadCast: LizzieJay

Destiny 2 Beyond Light

The new fall expansion, Beyond Light, is currently scheduled to come out November 10, 2020 (new release date revealed July 16, 2020). Here are some videos talking about the upcoming expansion. I'll add newer links as more is revealed over the summer.

Update August 27 2020: Gamescon Opening Night Live trailer revealing new Stasis subclasses and image of new Europa-themed weapons.

dst3Bb999c909.jpg

Edited by MadCast: LizzieJay
New reveal trailer from Gamescon

An update bump with pictures and new links.

First, a hopefully good picture of the map that was released late September plus a link to the Europa section of the Beyond Light page.

image-64-1.png

Next, a link to the new Weapons & Gear page and trailer for some upcoming Exotic weapons and armor that came out today, October 7.

I'll update more as news comes out. I'm expecting a look at the Season 12 offerings (the seasonal event/story, the season pass, the calendar) to drop shortly before release, possibly a week before, possibly an hour before if the beginning of this season is anything to go on.

I'm pretty excited for this update. I'll be getting back into D2 when this drops. Right now I need a break cause it's too grindy. On that note, do we know if there's a reason to bring light level up before the next expansion or are they raising light level to a base minimum with equipment drops? 

21 hours ago, MadCast: doublestufforeo said:

I'm pretty excited for this update. I'll be getting back into D2 when this drops. Right now I need a break cause it's too grindy. On that note, do we know if there's a reason to bring light level up before the next expansion or are they raising light level to a base minimum with equipment drops? 

It is pretty grindy right now, I agree.

In terms of a new base minimum light level, I have no idea. Bungie hasn't said anything about this, if they do I'll let everyone know. It also looks like there's going to be a good-sized power jump from the current hard cap/pinnacle cap to next season's. Currently, the hard cap is 1050 and the pinnacle is 1060. Season 12's numbers are projected to be hard cap of 1250 and a pinnacle of 1260.