Sign in to follow this  
MadCast: The Prince

Prince Does Do Tabletop... I Didn't Forget

So I know I've been talking about this for months now and it might feel like I've been blowing smoke but you all can count this as an official announcement of sorts and some background on WTF I've been doing and why shit has taken so long.

As many of you might know I've gotten back into streaming and I've been very much enjoying it. Within a relatively short period I made Twitch Affiliate, and MadCast's community has been the biggest part of that happening. A big thank you to all of you for your support on that end. That said, it has been taking up a significant chunk of my time as I work to refine my stream and make things better. I've also been working on the Tableshop Podcast hosted by Jiggles with several other DMs in the community. This has also been a fun endeavor, and while not terribly time consuming it is one of the many things that have sorta made me really have to work through my schedule and how I can do the games I want to do. 

About That Vampire Game...

I didn't stop working on it. What I wanted to do here got delayed, but it is still happening. The delay comes because I mentioned that I wanted to play games with more POC and I was offered the opportunity to do just that. I'm working with several BIPOC to stream my Philly By Night Chronicle and that's actively in the works as we speak (already had session 0). Since that happened, I've decided that I'm going to run that game in tandem with the game I run here. How exactly that will work is still up in the air. However, my general idea is that if my stream group decides they want to be Anarchs (which sounds like that is the way they are leaning) then the group here will be Camarilla. They will exist in the same world and things that each group does may have effects on the other group as well. That does not mean the MadCast group has to or will be on stream, ever unless they really are interested in doing that. However, their may be references on stream to what you all have done/are doing in those games. Again, that is still being worked out for exact deets, but I suspect you'll see our first session live at the beginning of August.

In the meantime, one thing I don't need to wait for to start is my Acquisition's Incorporated D&D game. Personally, this is one of my favorite campaign books for D&D and I've been itching to play/DM in this setting since my at home game fell apart. I would like to stream this on my channel, which would require folks to be on cam and play on a set schedule for ~3hrs per session weekly or bi-weekly. I know some folks have shown interest in here already and thus I'll be following this post with  general interest thread for that campaign. I cannot promise that everyone will be able to play like in LD&D, but I will promise that I'll do my best to ensure that I pick people in a fair manner.

Since both things I mentioned are pretty long-term campaigns, I do want to talk about other things that I was working on that have sort of fell by the wayside. There was a D&D game/setting that @MadCast: RedJustice and I were working on that is currently shelved. Red got hella busy with work and personally I didn't want to take her idea as my own and not do it the justice (pun intended) it deserved without her input. Doesn't mean it'll never happen, just means it's put on the backburner for now.

That said, if any of you managed to pick up the "Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality" from Itch.io you'll see that there are a plethora of TTRPGs in that bundle. I'd love to play them with the community. I'm looking into scheduling time to run one-shots of many of these games with folks, and I'd love to include as many folks as I can in these games! Still working out the schedule for it, but this is something I definitely want to do and will certainly be looking to stream in the coming months. Take a look at the filter for physical games in that bundle and let me know which ones sound interesting to you in this thread.

I think that's all I have for now. I'm drawing up the Acq Inc post following this one and I general idea of what availability I have for scheduling. 

Thank you all for taking the time to read this and feel free to hit me up about anything here on Discord or in this thread.

Read through twice to confirm that this is not where I scream my availability at you.

Playing in just one game where we had our session 1 last night and after taking a break due to LD&D, I am ready and salivating mate!