MadCast: The Prince

Acquisitions Incorporated Campaign Interest Thread

First off, let's intro the book:

WELCOME TO ACQUISITIONS INCORPORATED!
Explore a wealth of peril and personalities for the world’s greatest roleplaying game.

When you’re just starting out in the adventuring business, it might be nice to have a leg up. It can be a big help to have access to the powerful artifacts, expertise, and jobs that Acquisitions Incorporated (Acq Inc) has to offer a new franchise. Join Omin Dran, Jim Darkmagic, and Viari like never before with the new Acquisitions Incorporated campaign book for Dungeons & Dragons!

Set yourself up for success when pursuing your own fantasy-business endeavors, using all the ingredients you need to include Acquisitions Incorporated in your D&D campaign, to establish your own franchise, and take on specialized roles therein. Plus, there are always openings coming available… Just try not to think about why.

• Learn everything you ever wanted to know about starting your own fantasy business as you begin your career today, as a proud member of Acquisitions Incorporated.
  • Acquisitions Incorporated has everything you need to play a D&D fifth edition game just as if you were on stage with the crew at PAX! New backgrounds, character options, franchise information, and more!
  • Start up your own Acquisitions Incorporated franchise in the Forgotten Realms or anywhere in the multiverse.
  • Acquisitions Incorporated is a different flavor of D&D full of madcap heists and hilarious moments, and it’s one of the new ways to tell fantastic D&D stories.
  • Includes an adventure that will take characters from levels 1 through 6, establishing your party's claim on a world they've just begun to explore—and to strip-mine for profit.

I'll keep my part simple. I love the Penny Arcade crew and I've loved watching the Acq Inc games being played. It's a fun take on D&D and is much lighter in tone than many other campaign books. The rules make downtime interesting and give players something to do/think about even when they are not actively playing at the table. I'll mostly be running this by the book with some with light modification to the campaign, editing of NPCs, and some more significant changes to character creation (for the better, I promise). I'm willing to allow homebrew classes/races with discussion as well. I'll be looking for a min of 4 players. Sessions will be ~3hrs with that being a pretty hard time limit. My schedule is fairly flexible, but Tues, Weds, Thurs after 4pm Eastern is best and I really don't wanna go too far past 12am which means that we can start around 9:15pm at the latest. However, my Sundays are pretty much completely open. Everything else you need to know will be in the form below. Please fill that out if you are interested in playing in this campaign. Any additional questions be posted here and I'll get to them ASAP.

Description from the form:

Hello! My name is Prince AKA dimplesndice and I'll be running a lightly modified version of the Acquisition's Incorporated D&D 5e campaign book. This form is to help me get a general idea of you as a player and why you'd be interested in running this campaign with me.

A little about me:
I am a 35yr old, Black, straight, cis-male. I have been a TTRPG player for around four years and I've been GMing for less than a year. My experience with TTRPGs is mostly with D&D 5e but I've dabbled in Edge of the Empire, FATE, PbtA, and VtM V5. When I DM I tend to run pre-created content and try to bring my flair to the game through my NPCs and storytelling. I tend to heavily focus on RP and helping players bring their characters to life through fun ways to use their spells, skills, and abilities over combat. It is important to me to really understand what makes my PCs tick so I ask a lot of questions both as DM and through my characters and I love tossing morally grey decisions at my players. I try to be consistent with rules, but never in a way that slows the game down too much. I'd rather handwave something and then come back to it later. Some rules I might toss entirely (i.e.we won't be using racial ability scores and will instead be using GabeJamesGames Class Modifier Module).

I'll be running this game either using Roll20 or Fantasy Grounds Unity. I will be using battle maps, tokens, and other visual aids. I'd like to run this game to be streamed on Twitch but I'm open to not streaming it as well. It'll depend on what you all think about that option. I'm also open to having new players in this game as well. No previous TTRPG experience is needed.

This game will be 18+ (I cuss a lot and have no plans to adjust that), LGBTQIA+ friendly, and will include characters of different backgrounds, colors, races, genders, and sexuality than those in the campaign book or in the D&D lore as a whole. This group will use proper pronouns for both PCs and NPCs throughout the game. If any of these things are a problem for you, don't bother filling out this sheet. This won't be the game for you.

The questionnaire below is for me to help to understand a little about you, what you are interested in seeing in this game, and to make sure that this is the right game for you. 

Acq Inc Interest Form

Edited by MadCast: The Prince
Added potential time slots.

2 minutes ago, MadCast: Kal said:

Curious what your intended maximum player amount is?

6 would be the absolute max I would take on for this campaign. I'd prefer to keep it at 4-5 though.

Still searching for additional players (specifically looking to diversify the cast with women and other POC or LGBTQIA+ folks), but I'll be following up with the folks that filled out the form within the week.