Sign in to follow this  
MadCast: Kal

(9th Level) One Shot 5e: Thursday 6th August

I am looking to run a scenario as prep for running the scene slightly differently in a campaign.

This will involve clearing a trail currently inhabited by a White Dragon, amongst others.....

This will be timed and I may run it again if there is interest. Game will finish in under 5hours with a fail if not completed. 

Please post your interest. 

We will start at 7pm EST, you can create a level 9 character (contact me for Homebrew or UA stuff but likely I will say "Fuck yes!").

This is open to MadCast Candidates, Full Members and above, looking for 3-5 characters.

We will use Roll20 and Zoom, you dont have to share your webcam. We can use discord if you have a lower spec PC. Lemme know.

Confirmed Players:

Capture.thumb.JPG.768092a29bff5862506f8a583e2e10a6.JPG

Background The Frostgauntlet offers a shortcut between two important stretches of arctic territory that would otherwise require magical means to cross. Treacherous and nigh impassable, many who know of its perils would rather take the long way ‘round before setting foot within its icy passages.

To make matters worse, the cavern is now home to a dreadful white dragon named Pulraess, The Prince of Winter. Understanding the value the shortcut offers adventurers and explorers, Pulraess uses The Frostgauntlet as an ambush point and is rumoured to be gathering minions to guard his hoard and project his power. Until the dragon and its minions are forcibly removed from the area, The Frostgauntlet is effectively off-limits.

The dragon Pulraess and its loyal minions obstruct all travel through The Frostgauntlet. This has hurt trade, exploration, and adventuring in the north, and until the dragon is defeated, all who once used The Frostgauntlet shall suffer. You must enter The Frostgauntlet and defeat the dragon. And if the dragon’s hoard isn’t enough, the icy nations are willing to pay the first party that returns with the dragon’s severed head 5,000 gp.

Weather/Environment Considerations The Frostgauntlet is a perilous location and its caverns and open air corridors can have slippery and at times thin ice, covering frigid water and lakes. Additionally, given its nature and location, the Frostgauntlet can suffer from Extreme Cold and even Dire Frost. These may force you to shelter in place (topical!). Lastly, the winding route through the Frostgauntlet can be subject to Fierce Winds and Heavy Snowfall.

Post availability and any questions can be sent via Discord DM

Edited by MadCast: Kal

30 minutes ago, MadCast: majorhoward said:

Which day were you planning to play on.

Thursday, per the thread title 😏

23 minutes ago, horsedolphin3 said:

I can play, if that's ok!

Let's discuss but love to have you! 

OP updated. Candidates added as well as timer to complete or fail in under 5hrs.

Post if you are in and I will create a channel for questions such as character builds etc

I've already prepped everything in roll20 

@jax_skellington and @horsedolphin3

I see your candidacy posts and expect that this will be formalised (if it hasnt already) by a staff response acknowledging and advising you on your candidacy.

Congrats! I look forward to interacting with you both as members, however given your candidacy applications you are the first two names on the list!

Thank you for you interest, I am adjusting the OP to record your places in the game.

28 minutes ago, MadCast: Kal said:

I see your candidacy posts and expect that this will be formalised (if it hasnt already) by a staff response acknowledging and advising you on your candidacy.

Congrats! I look forward to interacting with you both as members, however given your candidacy applications you are the first two names on the list!

Thank you for you interest, I am adjusting the OP to record your places in the game.

Yay!! I'm excited already for the one-shot!

Awards

14 hours ago, MadCast: Kal said:

Awesome! I'm excited!