Sign in to follow this  
MadCast: jax_skellington

Jax_skellington Intro :)

Hey y’all!

My name is Jax and I’ve been playing AL with MadCast for however many months 8 weeks is lol. I’ve had a lot of fun hanging out on chat rooms after games and so am interested in applying fro a Full Membership! I’m not insanely active on forums atm because COVID and college apps are a nightmare of a combination, but I’m trying to be more active as my social anxiety reduces

Sorry for the ramble-y post! Uhhh I love history, theatre, music, and fun fact: I drew my profile pic :)

Have a wonderful day!!!

Edited by jax_skellington
clarification

Welcome! You can read some basics about our candidacy process here.

1 hour ago, jax_skellington said:

so am interested in becoming a Full Member!

And just to clarify if you don't mind, does this mean that you want to apply for Full Membership?

5 minutes ago, MadCast: Kal said:

Yes @MadCast: Mike, this is a confirmed application.

I understand you may know Jax and I appreciate your efforts to clear this up, but the policy is I need to get the confirmation from the prospective candidate themselves whenever there isn't 100% clear intention. It's just to ensure that no one is accidentally thrust into something they weren't actually intending to apply for.

Edited by MadCast: Mike

5 hours ago, jax_skellington said:

Uhhh I love history, theatre, music

If you ever want someone to talk to about any of the noted topics with, I am a nerd regarding all of those subs.and am always happy to talk about of of them

Edited by MadCast: majorhoward

13 hours ago, MadCast: Mike said:

Welcome! You can read some basics about our candidacy process here.

And just to clarify if you don't mind, does this mean that you want to apply for Full Membership?

yes it does, sorry about that!

9 hours ago, MadCast: majorhoward said:

If you ever want someone to talk to about any of the noted topics with, I am a nerd regarding all of those subs.and am always happy to talk about of of them

I will 100% take you up on that I greatly enjoyed our discussion after last session!

7 hours ago, jax_skellington said:

yes it does, sorry about that!

No worries at all, I'm more than happy to get you set up. Here's the information you need:

You are now a candidate for Full Membership. When in Discord, please wear the [C] tag, as in [C] jax_skellington. Additionally, you now have access to #candidates-chat. Please find a Candidate Coordinator on Discord (myself, or @MadCast: Qrow, @MadCast: Icarus, or @MadCast: Kitty Stark) for a full introduction and initial question and answer session. In one month the Senior Full Members will vote on your membership. Should you pass, you will become a Full Member. You will then be required to wear the MadCast name tag, in your case, MadCast: jax_skellington. Should you fail, you may reapply and the candidacy period will begin again.

A few tips for a successful candidacy:

• Be regularly active on the forums! Try to check it at least a few times per week and participate in topics that interest you. Share anything you find interesting, because odds are someone else will too! Forum activity is an important component of successful candidacies.

• Join our Discord Server! Even if you don’t or can’t use voice chat, you’re welcome to listen in. Playing games with members on our server is a good way for them to get to know you on a personal level.

• Attend events hosted by MadCast that have many people in one place that you can meet and leave a good impression on.

• Use the same username on the forums and Discord, as well as in-game, when possible. If you aren’t able to do this, make sure that the members you play with know who you are. They can’t leave comments on your thread if they don’t know which one is yours!

• If you have any issues you can contact one of our RFMs or SFMs. Feel free to post general questions regarding the candidacy process and community in the Discord #candidate-chat channel. Full Members will be able to satisfy most of your curiosities about the basics of being a part of MadCast.

If you have questions regarding your candidacy or the process to become a Full Member, please attempt to contact current Candidate Coordinators via #candidate-chat in Discord first. If your concern has to do with conduct or issues with another player, feel free to reach out to an admin. 

Last but not least, the requirement for you to even be eligible to be voted on 
can be found here

2 hours ago, MadCast: Mike said:

No worries at all, I'm more than happy to get you set up. Here's the information you need:

You are now a candidate for Full Membership. When in Discord, please wear the [C] tag, as in [C] jax_skellington. Additionally, you now have access to #candidates-chat. Please find a Candidate Coordinator on Discord (myself, or @MadCast: Qrow, @MadCast: Icarus, or @MadCast: Kitty Stark) for a full introduction and initial question and answer session. In one month the Senior Full Members will vote on your membership. Should you pass, you will become a Full Member. You will then be required to wear the MadCast name tag, in your case, MadCast: jax_skellington. Should you fail, you may reapply and the candidacy period will begin again.

A few tips for a successful candidacy:

• Be regularly active on the forums! Try to check it at least a few times per week and participate in topics that interest you. Share anything you find interesting, because odds are someone else will too! Forum activity is an important component of successful candidacies.

• Join our Discord Server! Even if you don’t or can’t use voice chat, you’re welcome to listen in. Playing games with members on our server is a good way for them to get to know you on a personal level.

• Attend events hosted by MadCast that have many people in one place that you can meet and leave a good impression on.

• Use the same username on the forums and Discord, as well as in-game, when possible. If you aren’t able to do this, make sure that the members you play with know who you are. They can’t leave comments on your thread if they don’t know which one is yours!

• If you have any issues you can contact one of our RFMs or SFMs. Feel free to post general questions regarding the candidacy process and community in the Discord #candidate-chat channel. Full Members will be able to satisfy most of your curiosities about the basics of being a part of MadCast.

If you have questions regarding your candidacy or the process to become a Full Member, please attempt to contact current Candidate Coordinators via #candidate-chat in Discord first. If your concern has to do with conduct or issues with another player, feel free to reach out to an admin. 

Last but not least, the requirement for you to even be eligible to be voted on 
can be found here

I don't believe I have access to #candidates-chat yet? 

6 hours ago, horsedolphin3 said:

That's so cool that you drew your own profile pic! It looks super awesome!! Also, what type of music and theatre genres do you like?

Thank you! And I love so much musical theatre I couldn't even begin to put a label on it -- message me on discord we gotta talk sometime!

4 hours ago, MadCast: Starlight said:

welcome! :D i also like drawing we should hang out swap art get to know eachother

yes, definitely! Message me on discord -- either PM or just ping me on general in discord! I'm considering posting other character drawings I do in the future

On 8/5/2020 at 12:18 AM, jax_skellington said:

yes, definitely! Message me on discord -- either PM or just ping me on general in discord! I'm considering posting other character drawings I do in the future

sounds great! i shall!