Sign in to follow this  
Angelix

INTRO - ANGELIX

Greetings from the Dark Side of the Sun,

I am Angelix, a previous member looking to return from the realms of darkness into the light.

I wrote my first Intro asking for membership back on 13 October 2015, and ceased regular community activity sometime in 2017, thereby becoming an associate member.  However, if anything is worth doing, it's likely worth doing twice, including Candidacy. 

I have never had anything but positive experiences interacting with MadCast members, but was extremely busy with a new job position followed by a deployment with the Navy, and never took the time to reintegrate myself into the community following my return.  It did not help that my return from deployment coincided with the disbanding of the Heroes of the Storm competitive league in early 2018, which for a time severely diminished my interest in playing and being online.

I was a RFM for the HOTS community for a cycle, under @MadCast: Epic and then became a SFM focused on the HOTS community when Epic decided to return to running League of Legends events.

For those who have never met me prior to now, salutations.  Here is a breakdown of virtual me.

Gaming Experience:

I've played a lot of MMOs, including SWG, SWTOR, WOW, RIFT, and WILDSTAR.  I've played a lot of ARK, and am currently playing intermittently on official PVE servers, mainly Genesis and Crystal Isles, with a small group of friends I met in game.  

I have played some Borderlands 2 and now BL3 on occasion, and Teamfight Tactics.  I also play Path Of Exiles from time to time, in addition to dabbling in most Blizzard games.  I usually complete each Diablo season within a week or two of it releasing, and then wait for the following season and/or Diablo IV.  

Bnet Battletag: Angelix#1727

I also enjoy online card games, such as Hearthstone, Slay the Spire and Monster Train. I have come within a single round of achieving an ascension 20 heart kill on STS, and am currently working on completing Monster Train level 25 with each character combination.  I have completed four to date.  

I enjoy offline card games such as Munchkin, and board games such as Arkham Horror, but rarely have the opportunity to engage in such pursuits.

I am a huge fan of online RPGs in general (as far back as Final Fantasy I), and have recently enjoyed Divinity.  I am very much looking forward to the next Baldur's Gate.

I immensely enjoy tabletop games such as D&D, and am very conversant with 5e rules.  I have been playing D&D since 2nd edition, and have dabbled in other tabletop games such as World of Darkness: Changeling, Shadowrun, Star Wars and Pathfinder.  I am currently making a cameo appearance in a friend's D&D homebrew 5e campaign on roll20, and it reminded me of all the great D&D adventures I experienced courtesy of @MadCast: Munsa @MadCast: Khaos and @MadCast: Mandalorian.  I have a penchant for unique characters with aspirations of deityhood, and will apologize now for any undue stress I gave these excellent DMs while participating in their stories, as my characters tend to fully utilize every aspect of their respective arsenals in creative and destructive ways.  I greatly enjoy writing in depth character backgrounds and then following up with descriptive narrative pieces on the forums to develop their lives, as can be seen by numerous posts I have made in the tabletop threads.

Personality:

I am cool, calm and collected.  I am extremely difficult to provoke, and prefer to hash out any disagreements in a professional and logical fashion.  I should probably have myself checked out at some point to verify that I am not a silicon based lifeform.

The reason for my re-application for Full Membership:

Aside from recently conversing with Munsa while playing Monster Train, the role playing community is what really made me take a hard look at my time spent away from MadCast, and realize that I really missed hanging out with everyone in such a positive environment.  It's really that simple.

I have re-read the regulations concerning being a member, and look forward to the possibility of regaining active, full membership status. 

To be 100% clear, this is an application for Full Membership 😃

Cheers!

Edited by Angelix

8 hours ago, Angelix said:

I was a RFM for the HOTS community for a cycle, under @MadCast: Epic and then became a SFM focused on the HOTS community when Epic decided to return to running League of Legends events.

You were an RFM for HOTS under who now?

1 hour ago, MadCast: Mandalorian said:

You were an RFM for HOTS under who now?

Sigh... must be the name change that threw me off lol.  Sorry Stan 😃

1 hour ago, MadCast: Epic said:

I am immensely happy to see your application. It's good to see you back, and I trust all is well. 1f60a.png

Thanks Epic, all is well!  Looking forward to hanging out with folks again 😃

9 hours ago, Angelix said:

To be 100% clear, this is an application for Full Membership

You are now a candidate for Full Membership. When in Discord, please wear the [C] tag, as in [C] Angelix. Additionally, you now have access to #candidates-chat. Please find a Candidate Coordinator on Discord (myself, @MadCast: Mike, or @MadCast: Kitty Stark) for a full introduction and initial question and answer session. In one month the Senior Full Members will vote on your membership. Should you pass, you will become a Full Member. You will then be required to wear the MadCast name tag, in your case, MadCast: Angelix. Should you fail, you may reapply and the candidacy period will begin again.

A few tips for a successful candidacy:

• Be regularly active on the forums! Try to check it at least a few times per week and participate in topics that interest you. Share anything you find interesting, because odds are someone else will too! Forum activity is an important component of successful candidacies.

• Join our Discord Server! Even if you don’t or can’t use voice chat, you’re welcome to listen in. Playing games with members on our server is a good way for them to get to know you on a personal level.

• Attend events hosted by MadCast that have many people in one place that you can meet and leave a good impression on.

• Use the same username on the forums and Discord, as well as in-game, when possible. If you aren’t able to do this, make sure that the members you play with know who you are. They can’t leave comments on your thread if they don’t know which one is yours!

• If you have any issues you can contact one of our RFMs or SFMs. Feel free to post general questions regarding the candidacy process and community in the Discord #candidate-chat channel. Full Members will be able to satisfy most of your curiosities about the basics of being a part of MadCast.

If you have questions regarding your candidacy or the process to become a Full Member, please attempt to contact current Candidate Coordinators via #candidate-chat in Discord first. If your concern has to do with conduct or issues with another player, feel free to reach out to an admin. 

Last but not least, the requirement for you to even be eligible to be voted on 
can be found here

29 minutes ago, MadCast: Qrow said:

You are now a candidate for Full Membership. When in Discord, please wear the [C] tag, as in [C] Angelix. Additionally, you now have access to #candidates-chat. Please find a Candidate Coordinator on Discord (myself, @MadCast: Mike, or @MadCast: Kitty Stark) for a full introduction and initial question and answer session. In one month the Senior Full Members will vote on your membership. Should you pass, you will become a Full Member. You will then be required to wear the MadCast name tag, in your case, MadCast: Angelix. Should you fail, you may reapply and the candidacy period will begin again.

A few tips for a successful candidacy:

• Be regularly active on the forums! Try to check it at least a few times per week and participate in topics that interest you. Share anything you find interesting, because odds are someone else will too! Forum activity is an important component of successful candidacies.

• Join our Discord Server! Even if you don’t or can’t use voice chat, you’re welcome to listen in. Playing games with members on our server is a good way for them to get to know you on a personal level.

• Attend events hosted by MadCast that have many people in one place that you can meet and leave a good impression on.

• Use the same username on the forums and Discord, as well as in-game, when possible. If you aren’t able to do this, make sure that the members you play with know who you are. They can’t leave comments on your thread if they don’t know which one is yours!

• If you have any issues you can contact one of our RFMs or SFMs. Feel free to post general questions regarding the candidacy process and community in the Discord #candidate-chat channel. Full Members will be able to satisfy most of your curiosities about the basics of being a part of MadCast.

If you have questions regarding your candidacy or the process to become a Full Member, please attempt to contact current Candidate Coordinators via #candidate-chat in Discord first. If your concern has to do with conduct or issues with another player, feel free to reach out to an admin. 

Last but not least, the requirement for you to even be eligible to be voted on 
can be found here

Thank you Qrow.  I have altered my Discord name accordingly😃

5 hours ago, MadCast: Khaos said:

Welcome back, you rogue! Check out the MadCast Adventurer's league if you'd like to get into some more 5e goodness.

Thanks Khaos, I will do that!  I definitely have a hankering for some more 5e 😃 

Hello MadCast folks, 

It's getting down to about a week until the vote takes place for my membership.  If you've met me in game or in Discord, and I wasn't just a silent lurker in your channel, please leave a comment on my super secret Candidate thread 😃

I've been enjoying hanging out with folks again, between spectating/cursing Rife's Slay the Spire games, playing some D&D under Major Howard, and watching Qrow die, die again, and die so many more times that the imposters actually tried not to kill him (but failed).

Epic, Pushover and myself also had a great Risk of Rain 2 run... where I learned a LOT.  I'm sure the next one will end better 😃

If for some reason I have not yet met the minimum number of comments required to vote on my Candidacy, please let me know and I'll start reminding folks before I leave Discord that their comments would be appreciated.

Cheers!