MadCast: Angelix

Baldur's Gate III - Who is planning to play?

I'm wondering who's planning to play Baldur's Gate III, produced by Larian Studios, the same team that produced Divinity.

This is a link to the trailer and a panel discussing the upcoming game and Early Access:  

Warning: Video panel has spoilers with previews of in game content.

Cheers!

I intend to purchase for early access as soon as it's available.  I'm up for starting a scheduled group run for anyone who cares to join me. 

If someone is interested in streaming the game on Twitch, or any other developer supported streaming service, I'd be up for that.  I could see it being a pretty fun experience, as the ability for the audience to interact and influence the game sounds like it will be unprecedented and potentially highly amusing.  Imagine Critical Role, where the viewers get to decide the odd decision for the group.  

I won't be leading such a stream myself, but would be willing to participate if someone decides they want to run with it.  I'll save any such ambitions for post retirement 😃 

9 hours ago, MadCast: JigglesTheFett said:

Sadly the EA for this has been pushed back to October 6th.

Ugh... I'm going to be working evenings on the 8th and 9th =( 

I guess any group I play with will have to make do without me on those days.

Baldur's Gate III is downloading... 8GB of 60GB complete.  

You have to pay full price for early access, for those who are wondering.  The complete game is not expected until next year.

I'm going to be working Thursday and Friday night, but I'm game to join up with folks who want to start a party.

PARTY!

I'm particularly keen to see if they have incorporated any of their streaming incentives/tools into the game yet.

Edited by MadCast: Angelix

Saturday afternoon, perhaps.  I work early, but afterwards I'd love to throw down some MP.  It looks like Hotfix 2 got most of the big MP crashes, and any remaining are taken care of by loading a previous save, so whomever is hosting needs to be clever with the F5.

....dibs on Warlock

4 hours ago, MadCast: Munsa said:

Saturday afternoon, perhaps.  I work early, but afterwards I'd love to throw down some MP.  It looks like Hotfix 2 got most of the big MP crashes, and any remaining are taken care of by loading a previous save, so whomever is hosting needs to be clever with the F5.

....dibs on Warlock

Lol... my character is a warlock, but I'll switch it up for grouping since I know you luv your locks 😃  

Unfortunately, a lot of the subclasses are still being worked on and may not have functional traits (I don't think my fiend pact is healing me when I land a killing blow) or just aren't available, and some of the classes are also not yet available (ie. sorcerer).

I'd be up for attempting a lone wolf-esque style of gameplay, without any companions, if we just want to see the story without ruining too many of the companion quest arcs before the game is released.  

6 hours ago, MadCast: Munsa said:

I wanna make an entire team of max str fighters that just jump EVERYWHERE.

What a great concept 😃 

Although... you could probably mix in a max str cleric or melee ranger and it would still be viable.  Barbarians, once introduced, would also work.

As for our MP game... I think we could just both be warlocks, with Devil's sight.  Plant a globe of darkness on enemies or ourselves, and then just eldritch blast everything 😃 

Thoughts?

It's similar to Divinity of Souls (DOS2), if you've played that.  However, it is still in early access, so I believe there's a level cap of 4, and only the first chapter has been released.

Also... There are still a number of abilities that do not function correctly.  I just don't want you to be disappointed by your first experience. 

If you are interested in experiencing a polished and complete version of what this studio can produce as a final product, I definitely recommend DOS2.  I really enjoyed it, and all you really need is one other person (and the lone wolf ability) in order to avoid having to play with any NPCs in your party.  

You won't last long without 4 characters in your party in BG3.