Sign in to follow this  
MadCast: Apoz

Samira - The Desert Rose

Riot Games has released their trailer for Samira - The Desert Rose:

There aren't any clean, simple ability reveal videos available as of yet, though we have information data-mined via the PBE generally explaining them:

Passive – Daredevil Impulse: Samira builds a combo by landing attacks or abilities that are different from the previous hit. Each combination increases her Style meter. Her attacks in melee range deal additional magic damage and increase based on the target’s missing health. Samira dashes into range against targets slightly outside her attack range.

Q – Flair: Samira fires a shot, dealing physical damage to the first enemy hit. If this ability is cast towards an enemy in melee range, Samira will instead slash with her sword, dealing physical damage. Either hit can critically strike for 25 per cent bonus damage. If cast during Wild Rush, Samira will strike all enemies in her path upon completion.

W – Blade Whirl: Samira slashes around her for one second, damaging enemies twice for physical damage each and destroying any enemy missiles that enter the area.

E – Wild Rush: Samira dashes through an enemy or ally, slashing enemies she passes through and gaining Attack Speed. Killing an enemy champions refreshes this ability’s cool-down.

R – Inferno Trigger: Samira can only use this ability if her current Style rating is S. Samira unleashes a torrent of shots from her weapons, wildly shooting all enemies surrounding her 10 times over two seconds, each shot dealing physical damage and applying lifesteal. Each shot can also critically strike.

* courtesy of NME.com as of August 31st (https://www.nme.com/en_asia/news/gaming-news/riot-games-reveals-new-league-of-legends-champion-samira-2741697)

As well as a great video from YouTuber "bquipd" going into more detail about her kit and its uses:

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of her aesthetic, or her abilities -- though I mostly play mages. She definitely seems to be high skill-cap, but I'm not keen on the newer champions Riot releases having absolutely loaded kits that tend to overshadow older characters.  When she officially releases, I might have a different understanding and opinion of her.

20 minutes ago, MadCast: Apoz said:

but I'm not keen on the newer champions Riot releases having absolutely loaded kits that tend to overshadow older characters

Yes. It's getting exhausting having to learn more than a basic kit on release. But, I guess the game has to evolve. 

Release should tell us more.