Sign in to follow this  
MadCast: Jay

Intro - Jay

Hey hi everyone! 

My name is Jay!  I'm finishing up my undergrad in music education and I like to play random games with chill people.  That being said,  I have done a fair share of server hopping on discord to find a place to fit.  One day,  a little over a week ago now, @MadCast: horsedolphin3 invited me to the MadCast discord to play a game of Among Us.  The general vibe on call with the members was so amazing that I came back a few more times.  Then next thing I know I'm at a Social Saturday goofing around with people and having a really great time.   From there I branched off a bit and ended up talking to @MadCast: Qrow about music and school stuff and then vibing with @MadCast: Kitty Stark on her streams!  There are many other people in the server that I have had great experiences with - gaming and just chatting - however if I were to list them all we would be here all day.  

Soooo, when Town Hall happened on Monday and the idea of candidacy came up, I really started to think about it.  I soon came to the conclusion that this group is one that I wanted to invest in.  The community is amazing and who doesn't like being able to hang out and play games with friends and future friends in a positive environment?  I talked to both Kitty and Qrow for a bit about this decision and... well , I would like to formally state that I want to apply for full membership.  ^^   

I hope to get to know you all better and hope to vibe with you soon!! ^^ 
- Jay - 

Awards

27 minutes ago, Jay said:

I soon came to the conclusion that this group is one that I wanted to invest in.  The community is amazing and who doesn't like being able to hang out and play games with friends and future friends in a positive environment

I am really happy you think so as well. 

Welcome, Jay! I look forward to getting to know you. 

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Hey hi everyone! 

My name is Jay!  I'm finishing up my undergrad in music education and I like to play random games with chill people.  That being said,  I have done a fair share of server hopping on discord to find a place to fit.  One day,  a little over a week ago now, @MadCast: horsedolphin3 invited me to the MadCast discord to play a game of Among Us.  The general vibe on call with the members was so amazing that I came back a few more times.  Then next thing I know I'm at a Social Saturday goofing around with people and having a really great time.   From there I branched off a bit and ended up talking to @MadCast: Qrow about music and school stuff and then vibing with @MadCast: Kitty Stark on her streams!  There are many other people in the server that I have had great experiences with - gaming and just chatting - however if I were to list them all we would be here all day.  

Soooo, when Town Hall happened on Monday and the idea of candidacy came up, I really started to think about it.  I soon came to the conclusion that this group is one that I wanted to invest in.  The community is amazing and who doesn't like being able to hang out and play games with friends and future friends in a positive environment?  I talked to both Kitty and Qrow for a bit about this decision and... well , I would like to formally state that I want to apply for full membership.  ^^   

I hope to get to know you all better and hope to vibe with you soon!! ^^ 
- Jay - 

You are now a candidate for Full Membership @Jay. When in Discord, please wear the [C] tag, as in [C] Jay. Additionally, you now have access to #candidates-chat. Please find a Candidate Coordinator on Discord (myself, or Kitty Stark, Qrow, Mike) for a full introduction and initial question and answer session. In one month the Senior Full Members will vote on your membership. Should you pass, you will become a Full Member. You will then be required to wear the MadCast name tag, in your case, MadCast: Jay. Should you fail, you may reapply and the candidacy period will begin again.

A few tips for a successful candidacy:

• Be regularly active on the forums! Try to check it at least a few times per week and participate in topics that interest you. Share anything you find interesting, because odds are someone else will too! Forum activity is an important component of successful candidacies.

• Join our Discord Server! Even if you don’t or can’t use voice chat, you’re welcome to listen in. Playing games with members on our server is a good way for them to get to know you on a personal level.

• Attend events hosted by MadCast that have many people in one place that you can meet and leave a good impression on.

• Use the same username on the forums and Discord, as well as in-game, when possible. If you aren’t able to do this, make sure that the members you play with know who you are. They can’t leave comments on your thread if they don’t know which one is yours!

• If you have any issues you can contact one of our RFMs or SFMs. Feel free to post general questions regarding the candidacy process and community in the Discord #candidate-chat channel. Full Members will be able to satisfy most of your curiosities about the basics of being a part of MadCast.

If you have questions regarding your candidacy or the process to become a Full Member, please attempt to contact current Candidate Coordinators via #candidate-chat in Discord first. If your concern has to do with conduct or issues with another player, feel free to reach out to an admin. 

Last but not least, the requirement for you to even be eligible to be voted on 
can be found here

Edited by MadCast: Kal

Welcome! 

There's quite the gambit of interests in MadCast, so if you have any other gaming preferences there's a good chance that one or more folks here share your interests. 

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself during the recent events; I've just returned to this community after about a two year hiatus, and it has been really refreshing to mix it up again with the great folks here. 

I don't know Among Us well enough to be much good at lying about it yet, but it's a lot of fun regardless, and everyone treats it as the fun interactive game it should be 😃  

Good luck with your Candidacy, see you in game!