Discord Updates 11/27

Hello all, 

As I'm sure you have seen, we have made a few Discord updates earlier today. We're moving towards a more minimalist look in an attempt to cut down on many unutilized or far under-utilized voice and text channels.

We ask that you please use already-made channels at your convenience. If it is full, then please feel free to create an additional channel or even rename one of the Other Games channels, but please delete/revert the name of any new/altered channels once you are done with them. Additionally, all events will be run out of the 'Events' category on Discord. We will look to solicit feedback for how this new format goes over the course of the next few weeks to a month. 

Additionally, we are putting to writing something that has been practiced anyways on an unwritten basis:

The advertising, recruiting, linking, or otherwise soliciting on behalf of other game-focused communities and Discords is prohibited on MadCast resources. 

This is pretty much housekeeping and meant to be interpreted as written. We just ask that you continue to respect MadCast resources, and not link to or solicit on behalf of other gaming communities while on our Discord and website. 

As always, our inboxes are always open for any questions.

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/27/2020 at 4:18 PM, MadCast: Mike said:

The advertising, recruiting, linking, or otherwise soliciting on behalf of other game-focused communities and Discords is prohibited on MadCast resources. 

Good morning all, and I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season.

I’m bumping this. I want to remind everyone that this policy was passed, discussed in Town Hall, and is in effect. Breaking this policy is the same as breaking any other rule in MadCast.