PoisonTaco

Fun With Skyrim Mods!

I love me some mods! Yesterday I was playing around with some mods in Skyrim. There's some essentials out there that make the game look and perform better, there's UI tweaks and of course there's ones that you install for fun so let's get started.

Installing Skyrim Mods

Most, if not all, mods for Skyrim can be found at the Skyrim Nexus. To easily install and manage mods I recommend getting their mod manager which you can download here.

For all mods you need the Skyrim Script Extender. Be sure to grab that, extract all the files and read the readme for instructions. Once you have all of this set up you should be ready to load up Skyrim with some mods.

Note: Not all mods are compatable with each other. Keep that in mind when installing different mods.

Utilities

1. SkyUI

2. Categorized Favorites Menu

3. Quality World Map

These are the three mods you'll want on Skyrim all the time. SkyUI is a huge upgrade to the interface, allowing you to effectively manage your inventory. It has categories, lists and other indicators to help you sort through everything. The Categorized Favorites Menu extends your favorites list to include categories and a much bigger menu in general, allowing for you to have a large selection of favorites to navigate through. A Quality World Map adds roads and other details to Skyrim's world map to help you navigate through the world.

Graphics

All of these mods make Skyrim look better. Whether that's through better textures or lighting, one thing to keep in mind when installing graphics mods is that you can really hurt performance. They may not be the most optimized so keep that in mind when playing around with them.

Skyrim HD

Realistic Water

Realistic Lighting

Enhanced Blood Textures

Real Ice

Enhanced Night

Armor & Weapons

Legend of Zelda - Be Link in Skyrim with the green tunic, Master Sword and Hylian Sheild.

Magic & Crafting

Midas Magic - New spells to play around with.

Glowing Ore Veins - Glowing Ore Veins reveals ore deposits so that they're easier to spot.

Skyrim Online

While not finished yet, Skyrim Online aims to add multiplayer to Skyrim. Definitely one to watch.

I'll keep this thread updated with more mods I find. If you got any to share post them below and I'll add them to the OP.

Edited by PoisonTaco

I love me some mods! Yesterday I was playing around with some mods in Skyrim. There's some essentials out there that make the game look and perform better, there's UI tweaks and of course there's ones that you install for fun so let's get started.

I have used a lot of the aforementioned mods for the repeat playthroughs, but there is 1 more mod that I feel EVERYONE should run in their Skyrim game: WARZONES - Civil Unrest.

You here about the whole Imperials vs Stormcloaks, but you really don't feel it. This mod completely resolves that. You can wander into tons of epic duals between more than just imperials and stormcloaks. Bandits, Foresworn, and Necromancers can all join the fray. They are randomly generated and the sizes depend on your mod settings. Personally, I cranked the numbers up and had a blast. I stand above a fight of 40 vs 40, enjoying the epic brawl. Or, I jump into the fray and decide to start thinning the herd myself. One time it auto generated 20 bandits versus 2 Giants and some mammoth's (bandits were poaching). I have seen Imperial troops fighting off necromancers attempting to increase their corpse counts. While anything can happen, you will not be disappointed by these massive fights. And yes, random animals/dragons can spawn with these, and completely change what each faction fights first.

Also fun fact, if you clear a camp/base while doing the Imp/Storm missions, the warzones will take that into account to spawn troops accordingly if it changed hands.

Awards

This reminding me, my wife asked me a question while playing, "how do i know who is an enemy before they notice me an aggro"? is there a mod for that? Im searching but it was a great question, I've approached areas with sneak, you see someone and wonder if they are friend or foe.

This reminding me, my wife asked me a question while playing, "how do i know who is an enemy before they notice me an aggro"? is there a mod for that? Im searching but it was a great question, I've approached areas with sneak, you see someone and wonder if they are friend or foe.

Kill it and ask that question later?

Normally the person at the door tells you that in a way. If they are hostile, it is full of bad stuff. If they actually talk to you, they are a guard for a mine or what not, so they are neutral. If they are not human, they are hostile.

Most areas with friendlies have villages or towns nearby. Everything else is hostile country.

Awards

Rather than start a new thread I will perform an epic necro of this thread.

Im looking to start Skyrim Special Edition tonight, I played a bit of the first but then got sidetracked elsewhere. Appreciate any ideas for must have mods and will use Vortex to manage them.

Going through various lists of recommended mods too, this one currently, but appreciate any insight as there is tonnes out there....

Y'know I've dumped a collective like 1500+ hours into Skyrim on multiple systems and I have never added a mod to it.

Does the PC modding tend to be more for new stuff (adding guns) or to enhance existing stuff (having a reference in-game while making potions)?

Both, so Im working my way through the most endorsed to pick what I want. So quality of life stuff like better menus, as well as DLC level expansions, more diverse and challenging dragons. Massive expansions to smithing, spells and so on, massive relationship mods. Installing one that adds 4k lines of voiced dialogue to NPCs, a horse mod so your companions can run. Hell you can add Geralt, Yennifer and Triss as companions with full voiced and questlines.

So basically anything, though I skipped over the realistic nudity mod that, for reasons I cant begin to guess at, only includes women. 🤪

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/trendingalltime/?BH=0 Listed by most endorsed