MadCast: Sotarkadin

How to post an Intro.

So after lurking on the forums you have decided to post an introduction. That's great, we are excited to meet you and get to know you.

While there isn't a form to fill out there are some basic points you should include which will help us get to know you.

First, let's talk about a title. As you may have noticed, our website forums are pretty active and busy, putting your name in the title helps people identify you and sets you apart from the other people introducing themselves. You would like an example you say? SURE!!

Less than stellar titles.

Hi!
Hello
Hi, MadCast

If you look at the forums and saw a dozen threads with titles like that, how would you know who is who?

How your title should look.

Intro - Sotarkadin

This has your name right in the title and shows that you are posting your introduction, people who see you in TS or in game will be like hey I played with that person, I am so glad they decided to introduce themselves here.

Now that you have your title, you must be thinking to yourself, Sotarkadin what should I put in the post itself, I hate talking about or describing myself. Well have no fear, I will help you with that as well.

First, we are a friendly group here and love to get to know the people we game with. Feel free to share as much or as little as possible. There are a few basic things you can include which will help us know who you are. Ugh, Sotarkadin, if only I had a few examples of the difference between a post that bares your soul and one that makes the heart weep. Luckily I put a few below just in case.

Less than informative posts

Hi, i'm new here and want to play with you guys.
I play league and am looking for games.

As you can see, it's hard to get to know you and know if you want to work on becoming a member or what games you play, those types of things.

A post that will "blow your mind!"

Hi, guys I'm Sotarkadin. I saw your recruitment thread on the LoL forums and you seem like a fun bunch to play with. Blah, Blah - personal stuff, married, kids, all that interesting stuff some people care about! I have been friends with MadCast: Unicorn(don't worry thats not a real name, at least not yet) for a while and he convinced me to check you guys out. I am interested in applying for fullmembership.

In this post we get a little more information about how you got here and your intentions, but like I said you can share as much or as little as you like.

All we ask is you include a few things in your post that will help us understand your journey here to MadCast.

-How you found us? (recruitment post somewhere, played with somebody in game, have a friend in here)

-Games you play, in-game name, etc. (So we know who you are and can play with you.)

-If you are interested in applying for membership (This allows us to get you a mentor and get that process started)*

*you don't have to be applying for membership to hang out and play with us, but it helps our recruiting GURU make sure everything is in order.

Don't be afraid, just be yourself and say HI!! All that matters is that you are here to have fun and play games.

Edited by MadCast: Scooba

I am very sad. So many new introductions over the last few days and none of them done correctly. :sadpanda1:

I agree! maybe this should be the first thing to link to prospective new candidates or something so that it really drums it in. :s

good job with the post though!

I agree! maybe this should be the first thing to link to prospective new candidates or something so that it really drums it in. :s

good job with the post though!

This is stickyed in the introduction section of the forums at the top. It should be one of the first things they read.

This is stickyed in the introduction section of the forums at the top. It should be one of the first things they read.

Oh lol i didn't realise, I'm a derp at forums... in that case..... SMITE THEM ALLLLLL!!!

I like the lightheartedness from you guys but I feel like this isn't the place for it. Sotar and the other RFMs worked hard on this. I'm not saying be uptight but lets respect the effort they put into this.

Sotar is correct pre candidates should read four threads in the intro section and read the whole new to madcast thing before they even post an introduction. So hopefully this being 5 starred and set as the first will bring song recruit attention. I think something the full members could do is when recruiting someone to madcast we should let them know they should read all the stickied posts and look at the terms and agreements before posting the intro. (just a thought)

Edited by MadCast: WombatCombat69
wasnt finished

Awards

Thank you for posting this. It's definitely helpful while starting out to understand what suggestions help us to be recognized by full members, and to understand how application for membership and candidacy works.

Best wishes,

Vish

Darth DLux approves this message sent via Tapatalk