Sign in to follow this  
We are GAR

Got a New/Used car.

I traded in my 2012 Mazda 3 I sport for a used car today. I picked up a 2010 Ford Escape 4D 2WD Limited Hybrid, and I can say it was probably the best thing I've done this year. The Mazda was a great starter car for what it was worth but the SUV definitely suits my current needs since I now have a daughter. The space is amazing and I managed to get it $6000 Under MSRP but only walked out the door at $4000 under b/c I wanted a 6yr 75,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty on top of the existing power train.  It has lots of whistles and bells for me to figure out....

Side note: I really really really tried to justify buying a 2014 Volkswagen GTI Wolfsbrug Edition but I just couldn't find a reason to get in compared to the Escape when it came to comfort, size, and price.

Congrats man!

I sell GMC Terrains and the Escape is always a competitor. But to be honest, its a great deal! One of the safest in its class and you can't beat the fuel economy as I'm sure you've noticed.

Its affordable and saves gas, so kudos on the pick! Hope it treats you well.

I always like to use carcomplaints.com to double check consumer reports on specific year and models. The 2010 Ford Escape hybrid really didnt have many complaints. (all vehicles will have a few here and there, but its when you see over 20 or 30 in the same category that you should keep an eye out). Seems like you made a great buy.

Awards

Congrast huey and nice site Bebop I may be in the market for something new so bookmarking that link. My RX-8 doesn't agree with snow.

I used to have an rx-8. I miss it.

I have a fun snow story. Once in february I was driving to work on a stretch of highway that was under construction. This particular portion had a lot of turns because of it. After about the second turn the rx-8 started to fishtail and I ended up sliding down the highway sideways looking straight at the concrete barrier. Luckily I was able to correct it and my tires regained their grip but there was some definite puckerfactor during the experience.

To be fair I had summer tires on it but in texas it's not worth buying winter tires for the weeks worth of snow/ice we get per year.

Awards

To be fair I had summer tires on it but in texas it's not worth buying winter tires for the weeks worth of snow/ice we get per year.

That week being now. Its amazing how many people down here don't understand the concept of ice on bridges. The signs aren't there for aesthetic reasons. Few days back the roads froze over here in San Antonio. left for work at 7:05AM, after defrosting the barrier of ice on my car, driving inch by inch past a 5 car mash up, and navigating through the downtown parks because the main highway was closed, I made it in at 10AM. (Usually the 25 mile drive takes me about 40 minutes).

Awards

That week being now. Its amazing how many people down here don't understand the concept of ice on bridges. The signs aren't there for aesthetic reasons. Few days back the roads froze over here in San Antonio. left for work at 7:05AM, after defrosting the barrier of ice on my car, driving inch by inch past a 5 car mash up, and navigating through the downtown parks because the main highway was closed, I made it in at 10AM. (Usually the 25 mile drive takes me about 40 minutes).

That and there's just no infrastructure to handle icy weather. A number of years ago when I was in the office it started snowing around mid-morning and everybody was like rats off a sinking ship. I'm from chicago so I thought - bunch of babies, it's only flurries out there! - so I left around 3pm or so. It took me 3 hours to get home when it usually took me 10 minutes. Now i'm one of those people who the instant I see a snowflake in the air I bail for home.

Awards