Sign in to follow this  
Jerin

Calling all Madcast, I could really use your help!

Friends, brothers in arms, and partners in crime:

TLDR: Please help me spread the word about the company I started! (see links below)

As many of you know I left my stable job three months ago and started a company with three other crazies (thus my lack of gaming lately). We are on the cusp of officially launching Spark, an online platform that allows individuals like you and me to invest directly in energy efficiency projects. Our mission is to make it possible for individual investors make a profit, make a difference, and build a more efficient economy.

Energy efficiency is anything that makes buildings smarter consumers of energy (e.g. LED lights, boiler upgrades, automation systems) and it's a win-win for the economy and the environment. We'll be the first company to fund efficiency through "crowd" investment. If we do this right, crowd investment could help pave the way to billions of dollars invested, trillions of dollars saved in small businesses and communities, and huge reductions in pollution and greenhouse gas emissions.

This company has been a labor of love for our team over the last year. Investors want this, the world needs this, and we'll pour everything we have into doing it right and going big. Now that we've raised most of the $750k to cover our first 1.5 yrs of operations, I can't tell you how excited we are to make this happen.

The big day (the first of many) is tomorrow, Monday Jan. 20th. That's when our website and "how it works" video will launch. The thing we need most right now is for people to find out about Spark, follow us on social media, and sign up for email updates. That's how we'll attract our investment, and that's what will make or break us.

That's where you fine folks can really help us out. Come tomorrow, here are a few ways you can help us go big:

Thank you Madcast!

~Jerin 

AKA

Nikko Patten, Spark Co-Founder & CTO 

post-180-0-75765500-1390180382_thumb.png

Awards

Awesome! I've been wanting to take classes in alternative energies, and have been dreaming about making use of my 3.5 acres here- with some sort of greenhouse ecosystem, geothermal, solar, etc. I don't know much about where to start, other than classes- but it's great to see what you are doing, I think this is going to be a booming industry quite soon. It needs to happen, and I think we the people will need to be the ones to make it so. Good luck to you!

Awards

Awesome! I've been wanting to take classes in alternative energies, and have been dreaming about making use of my 3.5 acres here- with some sort of greenhouse ecosystem, geothermal, solar, etc. I don't know much about where to start, other than classes- but it's great to see what you are doing, I think this is going to be a booming industry quite soon. It needs to happen, and I think we the people will need to be the ones to make it so. Good luck to you!

Thanks Spoon!

Super envious of your 3.5 acres! 

I'm also new to the energy field (my 3 co-founders are all pros), though I've had to learn quick over the past several months. 

I'd be more then happy to chat with you about it and at least point you at some good resources!

Awards

Looks like a very cool idea Jerin. Liked and shared on FB and I hope it takes off for you!

Thanks Crazy!

Much appreciated sir.

Awards

Thanks Spoon!

Super envious of your 3.5 acres! 

I'm also new to the energy field (my 3 co-founders are all pros), though I've had to learn quick over the past several months. 

I'd be more then happy to chat with you about it and at least point you at some good resources!

I look forward to it!

Awards

I am proud to hear a fellow MadCast member aiming so high to help the world around us (and of course making good money doing it). I am very interested in this! Do you mind if I private message you for more information?

I am proud to hear a fellow MadCast member aiming so high to help the world around us (and of course making good money doing it). I am very interested in this! Do you mind if I private message you for more information?

Of course I don't mind!

More than happy to chat with any Madcaster, especially about this.

Awards

Your business model is solid, and the website clearly projects it. Good luck with it and hopefully we can work together in the future. I've designed/built several solar installations (~2MW) around NJ.

Awards

congrats man, takes a lot of guts to do what your doing right now...Liked and trying to figure out how to share on facebook lol (i have never shared a link before on facebook, lame i know!)

Your business model is solid, and the website clearly projects it. Good luck with it and hopefully we can work together in the future. I've designed/built several solar installations (~2MW) around NJ.

Go Solar, that's awesome! 

Definitely a possibility! We're actively looking for installers to partner with.

While we're not specifically focused on financing solar projects, there's nothing about our model that would prohibit it.  

Happy to talk with you about it more, or put you in touch with our CMO who's running our that end of the business.

Awards

Huge thank you to everyone who helped us spread the word yesterday!

Here are some fun statistics from our launch day:

• 3,237 new unique visitors to our website from:
    • 82 countries
    • over 1000 different cities
  • 273 likes for the spark page on Facebook
  • 200+ new followers on twitter
  • Top 10 thread on Hacker news all day!
  • 714 views of our how it works video on vimeo

Beyond thrilled at the traffic we got!

As a small thank you I've donated an additional $20 to the MadCast community. 

Looking forward to taking a break and hopefully getting to game with some of you soon!

Thank you MadCast!

Awards

Spread the word and sent out a few links as well to online acquaintances.

Keep up the good work man, this stuff looks really promising in many aspects.

Thanks Bebop! 

Awards