Kit

Battles of the Mists (WvW Interest Thread)

I wouldn't mind running and un official late night group for all those people who are night owls :)

That's when I'm hearing most of the interest is in our late nights. ^.^

I've definitely got an interest in this, though I've got two weeks before I can really get into WvW (due to having just transferred, supposedly).

There's a lot of potential for organizing this sort of thing. An idea I had the other night while we were playing was to perhaps start organizing events for WvW - as part of a process to get people into it and organized. In order to do so, we would need both:

A. Boot camps of a sort. Essentially, events where those who understand WvW well or have experience with it first explain the basics of WvW to those entirely new to it, and then bring them in and show them the ropes. This should, in my opinion, be smaller groups - though I don't think we'll have a problem keeping things manageable early on.

B. Events for WvW - specific times where everyone who is interested in doing WvW actually bands together and does it in a more organized fashion. This would be the main event of actually "doing" the WvW, while the boot camps (or whatever they are called) would be used for orientation and to help get a good base of players for WvW in the first place.

Organizing these kinds of events would take a lot of work, however. With that being said, Elliath and myself I know for sure are interested in leading groups and in helping to get this going - within our own comfort levels. However, I don't mean to speak for him, so take that with a grain of salt. Others I'm not as sure about, other than Mahret's above-mentioned late night groups. :)

I would definitely like to help organize and run events, and would be willing to volunteer to do so - once I am capable of actually doing WvW on Sanctum of Rall. I don't have a massive amount of experience in WvW, but I have lead small groups before - and I consider myself a quick study. There's a lot of work that would need to be done, however. I'll try to come up with some more concrete ideas over the next few days, and run them by all of you.

There's plenty of time to get things going, after all - both for the group as a whole, and for myself personally. We've got a few people interested in doing WvW already, so all that really needs to be done is drawing in more people and getting things organized.

Any thoughts on any of what I've been rambling on about?

I am okay with leading a group most nights unless it is Sat/Sun/Mon (have previous commitments). I will say that having an experienced WvW camp for people coming back into WvW would be a good idea.

Awards

I am happy to teach people WvW. I used to do this a lot about a year back when we had more interest. :) I will make a separate thread to see when people are interested in having that event and get it all officially sorted. If anyone would like to help me lead this event, please message me and we can sort out which topics each of us will cover.

I would love to do WvW. Mondays, Thursdays, and late-ish Sunday nights would probably work best, but I can definitely try and work around other weekdays.

I am officially reopening this thread for those interested in World vs World (WvW).  We have a strong group of individuals who are very knowledgeable about WvW.  So please post your interest and availability here so we can work something out.  About 8-10 players will be needed for a good havoc squad.

Person's who have strong interest already.

[RFM] MadCast: Mahret

MadCast: Ellaith

[C] JoshIwanga

[C] SpecialK

Edited by MadCast: Sabre Wolf

Havoc Squads, for those that dont know, are smaller teams of 8-12 that attack key points on the WvW map cutting supply lines and such while the main force, the Zerg, attack main objectives, like the center castle or bases.

Havoc Squads, for those that dont know, are smaller teams of 8-12 that attack key points on the WvW map cutting supply lines and such while the main force, the Zerg, attack main objectives, like the center castle or bases.

With saying that, havoc squads are just as important as the main zerg.

With saying that, havoc squads are just as important as the main zerg.

Most definitely! Not only does the havoc squad create havoc by tapping towers and diverting attention from the main goals of the zerg, but a productive havoc squad can actually take camps, gain bloodlust, kill sentries and dolyaks, and with a decently sized one, take towers themselves. I love both havoc and zerging personally, depending on my mood. =D

Okay, since there are so many interested, I figured that this is the best way to bring up these topics. Elliath asked me some questions that I feel the guild should answer as a whole. Elliath, feel free to step in with more questions. 

Does MadCast want to become a major factor in WvW on SoR?

Do we want to recruit focused around WvW? Do we want specific time zones for these recruits?

Will we be intending to have a nightly party (havoc squad), weekly, bi-weekly?

Do we need to start attending the WvW Meeting with SoR guilds?

My personal feelings are that we should be recruiting at all times on every aspect of the game. If there is a core group of WvW guild members however, recruiting in WvW will have more merit than not having that core already which is why we are gauging interest. I would like, if you haven't as of yet, for everyone to post your times available if you're interested so we can have a WvW meeting in Teamspeak to determine time commitment and goals for our guildies who would like to take part. 

Also, to make a note, don't forget that the spring tournament will end on May 30th (next Friday) so get your title: Mist Runner while you can!

WTB title ;-; How does?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

It's the WvW Meta achievement. Best way I've found is just to zerg it but havocs can get it done too!

Havoc squad sounds fun! I enjoyed running around the map during Red's WvW night not long ago. I'd be interested in participating every so often to get a better feel for it.

I absolutely LOVE WvW, especially EotM! I think this is one great aspect of the game, as it is called 'Guild Wars'. ;)