Kennison

What do you do when you aren't gaming?

Holy crap, those videos are transfixing.  

As for me, I'm a huge introvert in person and actually prefer to stay inside whenever I can possibly get away with it.  I binge watch a ton of movies and TV shows, read books, listen to music pretty much all day, knit sometimes, bake desserts from scratch.  We bought a house a couple years ago, and acquired a very neglected garden and I'm starting to try to get into that a little more so that we don't look like the resident condemned house on the block.  In conclusion, I need some fun hobbies - I used to do photography for fun... maybe I'll try to pick it back up! XD

Awards

Don't worry, i'm also extremely introverted. I sometimes get a sore though from talking on teamspeak since I rarely talk otherwise at home. :P

I actually I've always wanted to start a garden, though I haven't had a yard since I was in elementary school.  :(

I watch lots of movies too.  I spend alot of time watching crappy TV with my finace Colestaa....though I'm sure she'd disagree about the crappy part.   I watch alot of twitch.tv also and I regularly hang out in several streams.  I also like to play with my daughter, research stuff on the web, and play video games.  I'm pretty boring these days :)

Awards

Eat. :D

Cooking is one of my favorite things, lol. Trying to pick up new and interesting cookbooks every few months (got a fantastic one about spicy foods from around the world, and everything we've made out of it has been AMAZING so far). We go to some specialty spices stores and I am constantly on Pinterest looking at pictures of food for ideas. XD I love baking too, so homemade cinnamon rolls and lemon custard cheesecake have been happening.

My gaming is minimal anyways, so aside that I like to open PhotoShop from time to time and do something there, trying to force myself to start making website interfaces and layouts. Got into cooking not that long ago, but I'm not consistent with it, sometimes I cook something or spend some time online looking at recipes that I could try out, and sometimes my hands just won't rise to make anything. Like to play some b-ball when the weather is good outside or just hang outside with friends when everyone's back in town and sleeping, I like sleeping.

Awards

Making money (a.k.a. surviving), and sleeping. A bit of gym every now and then. 

Also trading (futures, not stocks)

Awards

I mostly surround myself with music and words! Writing music, playing guitar, singing, reading books, writing poetry.. All of the above. And oh, work. And I guess I have to eat to survive so I cook as well :P 

Awards

I really should be spending more of my free time studying, but that's gross.

I have a modest library of games and yet don't have the strive/initiative to play those either ._.  

I suppose a majority of my free time is mainly me being stuck in limbo (torn between multiple tasks).  

Aside from that though, I thoroughly enjoy finding new music and songs to listen to, it's quite euphoric.  

I've been looking towards to learning to cook/cook more often as well, in addition to focus more on my programming and seeking a part-time job or internship starting this summer.  

Although the internship route most likely won't be available to me until the next coming summer.

Edited by MadCast: DanKnee

I sit in a room of leather-bound books that smells of rich mahogany. Write scholarly articles and books.  Defend employers from would-be profiteering employees.  Argue cases at the Supreme Court (of Texas).  Get myself involved in home projects outside of my scope of expertise.  Try cases.  Dissect the Affordable Care Act.  Train for a 150 mile bike ride and a marathon.

I am pretty much Challenger Tier IRL.

Too bad I am Bronze V  ING. :tear:

I play my guitar, read books from a decent selection of authors including H.P. Lovecraft, Robert Jordan, Margaret Weiss/Tracy Hickman, etc.  Music and programming are my two passions in non-gaming existence.

Edited by MadCast: Dragnosis

I've got my second half marathon coming up next weekend, and like to sign up for various charity runs as well as they usually have fun themes.  Sometimes it's beers each mile, or a costume run, or one where they throw colored dye on you and it's a big dance party at the end, or a turkey trot on Thanksgiving which tends to just be more costumes.  They are almost always fun events and give me a goal to work toward when exercising, and usually have some portion of the entry fee going to charity.

I have a modest vegetable garden in the backyard, which I love tinkering with.  I just planted last weekend and currently have spinach, lettuce, radishes, snow peas and normal peas.  As it gets warmer I'll pull out the salad stuff and put in cucumbers and peppers.  YUM!  I'm building a trellis so the peas and cucumbers can grow up instead of all over this year, so that's this weekend's project.

I love hiking and camping and now that winter is over, I'll be finding some weekends to get out the tent.

I like to go out and socialize with local friends at bars, restaurants or get a team together to play softball, sand volleyball, or kickball.  I watch a couple of tv shows with my wife like Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, Hannibal, Real World, Modern Family and Vikings.  She has a whole DVR of other stuff I catch parts of since that's kind of her thing.  I also like to read, with the first two books in the Divergent series being my most recent reads.  I'm cracking open Book 9 of the Wheel of Time series now, and may eventually finish it one day.

Five main things:

Write. My profile portrait is actually a picture of my two characters from a specific story I'm in the process of writing. I do mainly fantasy, though my current main focus is a fantasy/sci-fi/post apocalyptic. Almost finished with the first draft.

Reddit. I'm on there... probably a little too much. Procrastinating and all that.

Watch TV shows. Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (no shaaame!), Sherlock, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Phineas and Ferb, etc. The list goes on a bit but those are my main favorites.

Piano. I play by ear and memory, and so I'll play on my piano for ten minutes to half an hour every now and then. Usually I do it when I'm upset though, playing music kinda helps get those emotions out.

Sleep. Yep, that one's pretty simple and straightforward. 

Awards

I like to write. And read. I used to be really into aerial dance and wish, so much, that I could do it again but the monies and the time is  lacking. But yea, I took classes in low-flying trapeze like this:

I wiiiiiish I could go back to doing it. someday. If I ever get a studio closer than an hour away perhaps. There is a place near me that does aerial silks, which I like less but it's still pretty fun. Still pricey though too ><

TV watching happens as well. :D

Also this.

5.gif

Edited by MadCast: AndromedaCat

I have several main hobbies that I indulge while not gaming:

Reading - I read a whole hell of a lot.  Mostly I stick to sci-fi/fantasy but I'll read pretty much anything that catches my attention.  I'm currently reading Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson and it's every bit as good as I was hoping it would be.  Total bro-crush on Sanderson and Patrick Rothfuss.

Writing - I don't do it as much anymore for a variety of reasons but it I do enjoy doing it when I can.  Mostly I write sci-fi/fantasy fiction collaboratively with some folks on another board and I used to write a lot of song lyrics as I was a vocalist in local bands for a long time.

Music - Music is my life.  I'd die without it.  I don't perform anywhere near as much as I did through high school and my first couple years of college but I'll do some shows here and there with old band mates and friends that request it for various reasons.  Most of my time is spent looking for new music to listen to and I spend entirely too much time on youtube and bandcamp because of that lol.

Awards

I've gotten really into rock climbing over the past year. There is a gym nearby that I go to a few times a week. I absolutely love it. Other than that and working (ugh) I spend my time with friends and family. I also play in a few rec leagues throughout the year, softball in summer and basketball during winter.

Awards

I do graphic design, or web design. I also play with my beautiful pup. I kayak. :D I used to race with a few people.

Kennsion I am trying my hands currently at 4A yoyoing I can bind and throw only at the moment. My co-worker loves 1A yoyoing to death.

Outside work I spend time with my daughter, run, and workout. 

3 major hobbys i have outside of gaming

1. Music: My number 1 passion in life is to sing, play guitar, and record music. Idk where i would be without my instruments and equipment. I could literally be locked in a room with my guitar and I could die happy  :D

2. Longboarding: It started as a way to get around my campus faster, but then my buddies and I started bombing hills and its been so much fun. Ive wiped out a couple times but theres nothing like feeling the wind in your face cruising down a mountain with your friends.

3. Workout: Gotta keep in shape somehow amiright? Whether its going on hikes or just hitting the gym its important to stay fit and its pretty fun!

when not on the computer, I like to read Fantasy novels....some of them are Robert Jordans wheel of time (read through multiple times), The saga of recluce (multiple times), The sword of truth(a few times), and  few newer authors to the fantasy realm that only have a couple of works out.  I also like photography.  I am currently looking into getting my first DSLR camera and lens.  I am leaning toward the nikon D5300.  I like to try and do the special effects with the sparklers and take long exposures of the night sky.  I have always wanted to carve and hope to oneday take up that hobby.....

Awards

I make games (software engineering), both professionally and in my free time (I love game jams!)

I make music (guitar, vocals, song writing)

I play with my dog and take him for walks

I play table top games with my friends (board, card, RPGs)

I play basketball and go on hikes.

.... but really I mostly play video games  :ugh: