MadCast: RedJustice

WildStar General Discussion Thread

Listen up, Cupcakes!  

30 members have voted

1. 1. WildStar?

• I haven't played in the beta cause I wasn't paying attention to all the free keys. :(
    • I played in the beta. It's not for me.
    • I played in the beta. I'm not sure if I want to buy it yet.
    • I played in the beta. I will be buying WildStar!
    • I already pre-ordered!
  2. 2. Live and Die for?

• Dominion!
    • Exiles!

OMG I AM SO EXCITED TO PLAY WITH YOU GUYS! :D We should all definitely try out content together this weekend, and maybe see if we can help some other new players out and introduce them to MadCast! ^^

We have a thread on the WildStar forums: https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37745-playing-other-games-while-you-wait-madcast-gaming-na-est-multi-game-community/ if you guys want to chat in there ever. At this time we are just looking to introduce people to MadCast and get them in here to hang out! We will find out what people want to play (server/faction/playstyle) shortly and that thread will be updated with further info.

Oh yeah we'll be there!  I think the Spellslinger looks awesome and I'm curious what the male Aurin look like.  I think Misa was interested in Aurin as a race, too.  If not, trusty ol' human will work for me.  And kind of a given, but we dig the Exiles faction a lot.  It reminds me of Firefly with maybe a sprinkle of Borderlands in there somewhere.

I've pre-ordered and been on every beta weekend.  Things I am in love with about this game:

- Battle system - telegraphs, double-tap dodge, fixed simple action sets

- Speccing - Every class has a support (tank/heal) offspec

- Paths - I know this is a matter of taste, but I feel each is fun for side-questing for all different play styles

- The Art

- The creativity of the classes (as opposed to the old Warrior, Cleric, Hunter thing)

I'm very excited to get back into competitive raiding in this game.  So psyched for launch!

I have been down for Wildstar for so looooong. I have it pre-ordered and have been playing on the beta weekends. Ill be keeping tabs on this thread since I want to make sure I can get on the same faction/server as the other madcasters. 

Thanks Alan! :D That is very kind! :)

So far we have three people (Gundalf, Misa, and Animaniacs) mention Exiles. Anyone else have a preference?

Personally I like the Exiles a bit more because spacezombies and treerabbits, lol. Also, I think the Dominion is a bunch of imperialistic assholes.

Looks good and all.  Another NCSoft product, like Guild Wars franchise.  But, subscription fees are an automatic no thank you for me...  I read that you can use in-game gold to buy it from other players who bought the extension... but that just seems silly to me and could be a massive gold sink unless you play the game a lot, which you cant if you seem to not have enough gold... it just seems like a back biter cycle and i'll stick to me F2P and No Subs games.

I think part of the point is to be a gold sink/money generator (it's a tad more expensive to buy CREDD than to buy a sub). It's the same as GW2 gems to gold trading really, but the only thing you can purchase is game time. Gems to gold are relatively expensive, but still affordable if you're running dungeons and missions and world bosses. I'm curious to see where prices even out. I am going into this planning to pay for the sub, but if it turns out I have enough gold to just pay for CREDD then I'll do that instead.

Edited by MadCast: RedJustice

Well, looks like we will be playing on Olyssia! Olyssia is a PvE server, but players who want to duel in open world can always turn on their PvP flag! :) There are also many instanced areas for PvP, so you can get your fix there. Currently there are a couple of Exile votes, but there is plenty of time to decide which side the guild will fall on.

Yeah I suppose I should mention we prefer PvE servers so we can progress with PvE content undisturbed.  I still like PvP, but prefer to do it in battlegrounds and arenas, etc. (or whatever the Wildstar versions of those things are).  I like the Exile theme better, but if the guild goes Imperialistic Assho-I mean Dominion, then at the very least the psychotic bunnies (Chua) look cool to me.  I have a plan either which way we go. 

Red, how will we find you this weekend in the Beta?  This will be our first foray into a beta weekend.

There are Arenas and Warplots for PvP, in addition to dueling for those who want to turn on PvP flags while running around. :)

To find me, you will simply have to add my character! I don't think they've done a wipe, in which case I am RedJustice. (go to the bottom left corner in game, click on Friends List, and add me in) Don't worry though cause we can always sort it out in TS or right here if something goes awry.

I've been an avid supporter of WildStar since I played in the beta a few months back.  As for actually buying it, it depends on whether I can get a steady stream of income.  If I can, you will most assuredly see me there.

So much has changed since a few months ago! But I get what you're saying. It'll be interesting to see how CREDD levels out, cause if it's reasonable then the $60 cost won't be so bad (and Prince and I pre-ordered on sale, and I bet it will keep going on sale too).

If it's anything at all like Eve in respects with PLEXX then it will be possible to get enough money to buy CREDD without too much of a time investment, but really that's gonna be up to the players selling. I remember reading somewhere that Carbine wanted to keep an eye out on CREDD sales so it doesn't become unrealistic. 

As far as Exiles or Dominion, I have a preference to the Exile races. Well that and I have a hard time with the Dominion with their crazy church and stuck up attitudes >.>

Here's a contest! http://wildstar.pcgamer.com/

If you vote you will receive the greatsword skin AND another Coconut Monkey Housing item! No registration, only enter your name and the EMAIL ACCOUNT ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR WILDSTAR ACCOUNT to vote. All of 30 seconds, and free stuffs! What could be better? :D

I have added a poll question, but those who have voted can not answer the new question. I will manually edit the poll to reflect votes cast in the thread via post.

Dragnosis: Dominion

Gundalf: Exiles

MisaMisa: Exiles

cheffin: Exiles

Animaniacs: Exiles

RedJustice: Exiles

HyndeSyte: Exiles

ThePrince: Exiles

Dominion: 1

Exiles: 7

If you would like to change your vote please let me know! If you want to add your vote, please post it clearly!

Edited by MadCast: RedJustice

Prince, I like the cut of your jib.  Space zombies have a certain appeal to them, don't they?  ;-)

I'm rolling with Exiles.  Bob, Rife, Tamorex and I already agreed to basically make the Ginyu Force anyway.  You know, whenever Bob has a working computer that doesn't want to kill him.

Added Note:  Applications still open for Guldo.

Bob: Captain Ginyu
Me: Recoom
Rife: Jayce
Tamorex: Burter

Edited by MadCast: Sleiphner