Sign in to follow this  
Peste

Bring the Wub - A Guide to Medic

This guide attempts to help you better understand the Medic class and therefore get the most out of it. Sadly the Medic is a little rigid in terms of optimizing for both DPS and Healing, but in the end you should have a couple of empty LAS spots for situational abilities. I'm largely a PvE player, so I'll be mostly focusing on that. 

I will be breaking this down in the following format:

• DPS
  • - Abilities
  • - AMPs
  • Healing
  • - Abilities
  • - AMPs
  • Utility Abilities
  • Sample Builds

This will help you understand the various strengths and weaknesses of skills at your disposal and then how we bring that together to form an optimized LAS.

DPS

Abilities

Discharge - This is your basic builder for doing damage. By that I mean it's the only reliable way you have to give you Actuators which you'll need to fuel either Gamma Rays or Quantum Cascade (you're heavy hitters). It's a no brainer that it will be on your bar and it does decent damage, especially as you Tier it up. Tier 8 is practically required for maxing DPS as it gives you 2 Actuators and allows less Discharge damage time and more uptime of your primary damage dealers. 

Gamma Rays - This is a very heavy hitting ability. It may SEEM like you could use it for AoE, but each of it's 3 lines of damage are not worth spreading out as the damage stop at the first enemy hit. It shines when all 3 hit a single target and therefore this is how we'll use it. For single target fights this is your bread and butter. Much like Discharge it is practically mandatory on such fights to go to Tier 8 because of how well it scales as well as reducing Actuator cost to 1 meaning higher up time. 

Nullifier - A DoT that hits enemies standing in the field. It has 2 charges so you can have 2 down and a time and, unlike many other fields, enemies can actually take damage from both. This makes the spell interesting, but sadly mostly underwhelming. The damage on a single field is a little lackluster and scales very poorly with Tiers. This means you have to spend 2 GCDs placing both fields and this hurts your Gamma Ray or Quantum Cascade damage time. The Tier 4 gives it a very interesting ability to have any enemies standing in one field to take damage as if they were standing in both, but still requires both of them to be out to work. This doesn't help the GCD cost of the spell at all, but does allow for some interesting AoE damage usage in fights with lots of adds. Ultimately that is going to be it's niche, I am afraid and largely will stay off your bars unless your jobs is solely AoEing things down.

Fissure - A key spell for doing damage and boosting the group you're in. Not only is it's damage out put pretty good, but it applies a Tech damage resistance debuff to targets hit. This will boost your damage as well as any Stalkers and some Warriors in your group/raid. Because we're largely going to use it for it's utility it's not entirely necessary to Tier up, though it does benefit well from points spent on it. I don't recommend going above Tier 4, though, and only if you have extra points to dump. It's also going to be key to exploding our Devastator Probes.

Devastator Probes - This ability drops probes on all enemies in an area that deal DoT damage. The spell has seen ups and downs throughout beta. Currently the spell is a little lackluster in the DoT damage, but at Tier 4 it steps up a bit thanks to it's ability to explode for 50% of it's total damage from Fissure/Collider. That tier point essentially translates into a ~40% increase in damage for the GCD cost and starts making it worth casting. Just make sure you explode the Probes as close to the end of their damage time as possible. One way to do this is to cast Fissure FIRST and then D.Probes about 1-2 seconds after. This lines up the cool downs on the two abilities in such a way that you'll always explode the probes right near the end and be able to reapply D.Probes right after so long as you use them on cool down.

Quantum Cascade - Not as strong on a single target as Gamma Rays, but exponentially more damaging on 2 or more. In fact even Base QC will out damage T8 Gamma Rays on 2+ mobs. For this reason some Medics recommend keeping a Base Tier QC on bar if you know that adds will periodically show up. Going to Tier 4 is a 30% boost due to an extra tick of damage at no cost, but isn't necessary unless you're going a full QC build for AoE heavy fights or just want to dump extra points some where.

Collider - This ability is huge for burst, but doesn't really translate to an actual DPS increase for casting. Even waiting for the execute phase of the fight barely brings this to a DPS level of being worthwhile in long fights and with limited LAS it is better off replaced with other abilities. That being said for short fights such as leveling or PvP where burst is vital this spell is a powerhouse. It will also trigger Tier 4+ D.Probes like Fissure does making that burst even BIGGER.

Annhilation - Oh man. This ability is unfortunate. It's basically Nullifier, but costs you 6 AMP to unlock it. As our "ultimate" DPS ability it is incredibly lackluster and all accounts show it being a DPS wash to cast except for very niche situations. Niche situations are not what you want to spend 6 AMPs on... so I'm not sure I can recommend it. 

Atomize - Useable after a Critical and refunds an Actuator 50% of the time and deals a very large damage hit as an instant cast off GCD. You can crunch your GCDs by hitting this just after a GCD using ability and push your DPS up even more. Skillfully timed usage of Atomize will show the really skilled Medics from the average ones. This is a required DPS ability.

AMPs

You'll want practically everything under the Assault "tree" with the exception of Annhilation and Victory Spark. You could, in theory, probably do without the Armor Piercing AMPs if you had other things you really wanted or try out. You'll also want to nab the 6 points in the A/S "tree" for Critical Hit and Crit Severity boosts. Next grab the Cool Down Reduction off Utility "tree". Now you'll have something like 10 points left to spend how you see fit. CC Reduction and Shield Strength are both good options or any of the PvP boosts if you think you'll dabble in that.

Healing

Abilities

Emission - Your fall back heal and primary Actuator builder while healing. Biggest problem is that it heals very little even when Tiered, though it does definitely get better. It may end up being that it'll need to be Tiered up to 8 in end game just for the extra big heal at the end depending how well we can keep groups topped with our other abilities and how often we have to fall back to this spell. At low Tiers it is recommended that if you know you're going to have to fall back to Emission for a bit that you use something like Barrier and/or Shield Surge prior to give you the necessary breathing room. 

Crisis Wave - A very powerful heal that takes 2 Actuators to cast as well as some Focus. Tiering up to 8 allows every third cast to be instant AND free. Pretty strong. Each Tier also adds about 7% of your support power to the heal, so decent scaling. I personally rely on this a lot when I've been healing, but I'm also still kind of learning. It is a must have on your LAS how many points to spend is hard to say for end game, but so far I'm recommending not keeping at Base. Medics can also design around shield healing in which case you'll rely more on Shield Surge than Crisis Wave.

Dual Shock - A damage and healing ability that triggers after a Critical much like Atomize. Personally I think the damage and healing are both far too low for use in either DPS or Healing roll. It is, however, excellent for sustain in leveling builds or PvP. I use it heavily while leveling, so that's what I primarily recommend this for. Edit: It appears since launch this has been buffed considerably in the healing department. I've actually found it to be a nice ability to have on my bar while healing in my 20s and 30s. End game, I'm not sure. But right now it's a low focus cost for how much it heals and is up fairly often.

Mending Probes - This is D.Probes, but in reverse. This is a moderate HoT definitely necessary for a healing Medic in end game. At lower levels it can be very focus intensive to maintain. Only problem is that at Tier 4 and up it functions like the D.Probes do at those levels in that they can be exploded. This SOUNDS awesome, except that Healing doesn't typically have a rotation like DPS does to allow for good timing of popping these. I think with practice it'll end up being a strong way to heal "oh shit" situations, but until you start getting comfortable NOT always trying to play catch up with Triage and Flash then you'll be forced to stay at Tier 3 or below.

Triage - For a spell that sounds like an OH CRAP! ability, it's a little lackluster I have found. It only heals one person (lowest person in the telegraph) and only for a relatively mediocre amount, though also gives shields. Not to mention you risk popping M.Probes sooner than you'd like. Just not sure I'll end up finding a place for this. Edit: It appears this has gotten a minor boost since launch as well. I wouldn't say it's amazing now, but with the right amps you can use this as a quick way to establish shields back on your tank to prepare for bigger incoming heals. It also only costs 9 focus, so pretty cheap. I won't say it's useless anymore, but it's very situational.

Flash - This heals you and up to 9 people instead of the 4 or 5 many other spells do! Which is AWESOME! Plus it heals a TON in a large area around the Medic. This is an appropriate OH CRAP! ability! It'll also more effectively pop all of the M.Probes if you are going that route. Going to Tier 4 allows your Emission casts to reduce the Cool Down of the spell which will likely be necessary due to it's 15 sec Cool Down. You'll want to tier it to 4 if you're focusing on HP healing, but if you are Shield Healing this can stay Base.

Barrier - A medium sized HoT coupled with a big shield recharge. It's a long 45 sec cooldown and doesn't scale immensely well, so is a great way to get some breathing room and restore Actuators from Emission casts. Probably can be left at Base Tier. Biggest down side is it does NOT apply to the caster unless you get it to Tier 8... which is just not worth it.

Rejuvenator - Our "ultimate" healing ability purchased through AMPs. This is actually a very interesting ability. It deploys a little cube out into the world that when someone hurt runs over it becomes a field on the ground that people can stand in to receive health as long as they stay in the field. It heals a pretty strong amount and because the cube can exist in the world for up to 30 seconds means it can be deployed and then activated by yourself or your group members as needed without interrupting your other casts. It's not needed past Base Tier, so that's good. The down side is that the healing field is stationary and with all the enemy telegraphs going on may not be a safe area for very long. I think this is actually worth picking up, but it will get the best use out of organized and skilled groups.

Shield Surge - Basically what it sounds like - a huge restore on yours and 5 other's shield. If you can find room on your LAS for this  I think it's strong. But... it costs 2 Actuators so competes with Crisis Wave. Having shields up is nice because you're taking less health damage during that time. This is bread and butter for a Shield Healing set up, which is only available to Medics. Tier it up to 4 if you're going that route so you can benefit from the extra 25% mitigation to your targets. That makes shields REALLY strong. Coupled with Recharge AMP makes you capable of generating super shields on people. HP Healing builds may want this on their LAS at Base as a sort of occassional use to add some breathing room... in a raid set up, though, hopefully you can rely no your other Medics for that.

Extricate - Essentially Life Grip. While any help with movement is awesome in this game I feel like it shouldn't be necessary and any organized group shouldn't require this to not be hit by things. Each player has the means to avoid damage and even the heal attached to this doesn't really make it worth the LAS. I can see fun PvP applications, though. 

AMPs

My recommendation is to take everything under the Support "tree". It's all good. After that crab all the Crit Hit and Crit Severity from A/S "tree" and the Cool Down Reduction from Utility "tree". From there you only have a few points left and I recommendation grabbing extra Shields in the S/U "tree". Pretty simple.

*Note: Unlike all the other healing classes our "finishers" or Actuator healing spells still cost focus... I find this to be bullshit and needs to be fixed. As it is our focus cost are the highest in the game over all (not to say there aren't classes with a couple of higher cost abilities). We run out of focus FAST if you spam spells. You will NEED to manager your focus and not spam spells the entire time. If your group is taking so much damage that you HAVE to spam... they're doing something wrong and you're doomed.

Utility

Abilities

Paralytic Surge - Our one stun/interrupt that is on a 30 second cool down. A little unfortunate since every other class gets 2 and often on a shorter cool down. But this is what we got. Use it wisely. If you're DPS you'll likely have to have this on your bar. Healers can if they out gear the content and/or their DPS sucks at breaking Interrupt Armor and you need to pick up slack. But... try not to run in groups bad like that.

Urgency - A short range teleport + movement buff. At Tier 4 you break CC and at T 8 you damage and heal things around you. I don't see it worth Tier 8, Tier 4 is almost necessary for PvP and perhaps fights with unavoidable CC in dungeons/raids. Lots of medics swearing by it for both healers and DPS builds, but personally I haven't yet encountered anything I could avoid just by running and dashing. At THIS juncture I consider it a crutch in PvE, but some people need it while they learn content. So... decide if you need the extra movement help.

Restrictor - Small teleport that leaves behind a field that slows enemies in the area. Potentially great escape for PvP if you get jumped by a Stalker? Or healers that get healing aggro in a particular raid boss? Largely not ever going to be needed, in my opinion. 

Antidote - Great for healing builds. Will be required on fights that have debuffs. Currently SEEING debuffs on players as a healer is rather difficult, so getting some sort of Addon to help with that is highly recommended. Situational, but not super niche. Definitely be prepared to swap this in as a healer if not find a permanent place for it.

Recharge - Cast for 2 seconds and start regaining some Focus. Primarily for healers, though there is an Amp that helps this be ok for DPS as well by restoring Actuators. But... not worth it for DPS. It appears since beta this has received some buffs, or I'm something has changed anyways. I was having to rely on this heavily while healing in a dungeon the other day. Our focus costs are high and this helps us keep some focus. I used this about 30 seconds into the fight and then on every cool down just to keep enough focus to get through boss fights. With better gear and focus per second this may not be needed... but at low levels you'll want this on your LAS when healing.

Protection Probes - These are AWESOME... however they require you to put a ton of points into Utility that you just can't afford to spend if you're going DPS. You can potentially sacrifice a few AMP points to get these when Healing. Worth it, probably. But not required. I have a build that fits them in linked below in my Shield Healer build.

Empowering Probes - 10%+ Damage increase to your entire party every 20 seconds? Ahhhh yes, please! This is awesome and pretty mandatory for all DPS builds. It's a worthy place to dump extra Tier points in to as well, but it's still incredibly strong leaving Base.

Magnetic Lockdown - Damage and 3 second Root. Nice... very niche. PvP especially useful, probably better than Restrictor, even. I could see having to put it into a DPS slot in raid fights where adds need to be clumbed and controlled. As with most Utility abilities, not really worth spending points in to Tier up.

Calm - Restore some shields and make things stop attacking you. If you're playing smart and your Tank doesn't suck I don't see why you'd ever need this... if I didn't have limited LAS, sure. But I do.

Field Probes - This is a cool spell. Basically increase healing to friendlies in the area and reduce it to enemies in the area. With Tier points you can cause it to be a DoT AND a HoT at the same time as well. There's even an AMP that makes your Assault and Support power go up while you're standing in it. I actually want to find a use for this spell. I think it's super cool and the 20% boost to heals to friendlies is a pretty big boost. LAS and Tier point restrictions are my biggest thing holding it back. I need to play more to determine what it can replace... but keep an eye on this ability, I don't think it's getting enough use for how good it can be.

Dematerialize - Yes, I know this is listed under Assault. But seriously, no one is going to take this as a Damage option. You take it as a Utility option to remove debuffs. It purges positive buffs from enemies and damages a bit. Awesome. Good. Situational, so... expect to have to rotate it in to your LAS as a DPS for fights that need purges.

Sample Builds

Raid DPS

This build is for PvE and focuses on trying to maximize your damage out put. You will be focusing on trying to keep your Actuators between 1 and 3 to get the buff from the In Flux AMP active. I took a Base QC in this just as a back up for when AoE was necessary and Gamma Rays wouldn't cut it. Otherwise maximize your up time of your Empowering Probes, explode your D.Probes with Fissure, and try to get as many Gamma Rays in as possible. 

Raid Healing

This is an example of a decent healing build that will use Flash and Barrier as OH CRAP! spells. I threw in Field Probes because... like I said, I think this is better than people are giving credit for.

Leveling

So this is a sort of modified DPS build. I use Nullifier because it's not bad for killing groups of mobs like you are likely to do while leveling. You could swap out Gamma Rays for Quantum Cascade, though you'll want to swap back when fighting big nasties. I use Dual Shock for sustain and D.Probes + Collider both at T4 for huge burst to take out groups quickly. This is very effective.

Shield Healing

This is focused on keeping your groups mitigation high so you don't have to do as much direct HP healing. Medics are the only class that can focus on this type of healing, so that makes this an interesting route to go in Wildstar. I think this will end up being the best way to heal 5-man dungeons and will be required that at least a few medics exist for this role in raids.

I may eventually add PvP stuff to this, but as I haven't tried any... I feel like it's all too much theorycrafting. You should be able to make due with what info I have here to develop your own PvP builds that will work at least somewhat effectively. Hope this has helped people!

Edited by Peste

Awards

Pre-Raid Gear

DPS

Head

[blue] Lightning Crested Helm – Stormtalon’s Lair – Aethros
38 Brutality
47 Moxie
71 Tech
33 Critical Hit Rating
+ 2 Rune Slots
———————————-
[blue] Brimstone Skullcap – Skullcano – Bosun Octog
57 Brutality
38 Moxie
66 Tech
28 Critical Hit Rating
+ 2 Rune Slots

Shoulders

[Epic] Radiometric Padded Guards – Siege of Tempest Keep – Gold
43 Brutality
43 Moxie
86 Tech
43 Grit
+ 2 Rune Slots
———————————-
[blue] Beaded Thunder Collar – Stormtalon’s Lair – Random trash/boss drop
38 Brutality
57 Moxie
76 Tech
19 Critical Severity Rating
+ 2 Rune Slots
———————————-
[blue] Sunblasted Shoulder Guards – Malgrave Trail – Random Boss/Event completion drop
30 Brutality
57 Moxie
72 Tech
30 Critical Severity Rating
+ 2 Rune Slots

Energy Shield

[Epic] Beseker Aegis – Random Trash Drop in Veteran Content – BOE so check your local Auction House!
8160 Shield Capacity Max
56 Assault Power
56 Strikethrough Rating
+4 Rune Slots
———————————-
[blue] Voreth Enshrining Field – Kel Voreth – Grond the Corpsemaker
8400 Shield Capacity Max
45 Moxie
64 Tech
51 Grit
+ 2 Rune Slots

Chest

[blue] Transport Technician’s Garb – Malgrave Trail – Random Boss/Event completion drop
30 Brutality
30 Moxie
92 Tech
62 Critical Hit Rating
+ 2 Rune Slots
———————————-
[Blue] Lectro’s Autofit Body Suit – War of the Wilds – Potential reward for capping 3, 7, 9 or 11 flags
34 Brutality
57 Moxie
76 Tech
22 Critical Hit Rating
+ 1 Rune Slots
———————————-
[blue] Mekka’s Autofit Body Suit – War of the Wilds – Potential reward for capping 3, 7, 9 or 11 flags
34 Brutality
57 Moxie
76 Tech
22 Critical Hit Rating
+ 1 Rune Slots
———————————-
[blue] Volt Switched Chest Piece – Stormtalon’s Lair – Stormtalon
49 Brutality
58 Moxie
53 Tech
53 Critical Hit Rating
+ 2 Rune Slots

Gloves

[blue] Stew Spattered Gastrogrips – Skullcano Stew-Shaman Tugga
50 Moxie
67 Tech
25 Strikethrough Rating
25 Critical Severity Rating
+ 2 Rune Slots

Legs

[blue] Cyclone Leggings – Stormtalon’s Lair – Bladewinder the Invoker
38 Brutality
45 Moxie
86 Tech
45 Critical Hit Rating
+ 2 Rune Slots

Feet

[blue] Flickerstorm Cleats – Stormtalons’ Lair – Potential reward for completing challenges
42 Brutality
42 Moxie
42 Tech
42 Strikethrough Rating
+ 2 Rune Slots

Weapon

[blue] Heatwave Radiators – Malgrave Trail – Random Boss/Event completion drop
992 Assault Power
507 Support Power
54 Moxie
59 Tech
23 Strikethrough Rating
30 Critical Hit Rating
+ 2 Rune Slots
———————————-
[blue] Vanquisher’s War Infusers – Kel Voreth – Potential Boss Drop
974 Assault Power
525 Support Power
33 Brutality
50 Moxie
67 Tech
16 Strikethrough Rating
+ 2 Rune Slots

Weapon Attachment

[Epic] Advanced Targeting Analyzer – War of the Wilds – Gold
57 Assault Power
29 Moxie
68 Tech
+ 2 Rune Slots
Bonus: Landing a Critical Hit or Critical Heal increases your Critical Hit Severity Rating by 62 for 4.0s.
———————————-
[blue] Striker’s Reso-Chargers – Malgrave Trail – Random boss/event completion reward
64 Assault Power
26 Moxie
50 Tech
26 Strikethrough Rating
+ 2 Rune Slots

Support System

[Epic] Westwatch Scout Array – Malgrave Trail – Gold
34 Support Power
34 Moxie
60 Tech
60 Grit
+ 2 Rune Slots
———————————-
[blue] Masterson’s Cardiogenic Stimulator – War of the Wilds – Potential reward for capping 3, 7, 9 or 11 flags
32 Support Power
38 Brutality
32 Moxie
44 Tech
+ 1 Rune Slots

Implant

[Epic] Conqueror’s Neural Chip – Kel Voreth – Grond the Corpsemaker
54 Brutality
91 Tech
36 Critical Hit Rating
+ 2 Rune Slots
———————————-
[blue] Smuggled Intelligence Databank – Siege of Tempest Refuge – Potential Boss Drop
58 Moxie
64 Tech
38 Strikethrough Rating
+ 2 Rune Slots

Gadget

[Epic] Soldier’s Undying Loyalty – Siege of Tempest Refuge Gold
Increases Assault Power by 243 for 10.0s and causes your next attack to have a 100% chance to Critically Hit.
—————————————-
[Green] Attachment Optimization Routines – Craftable Technologist Gadget (BOE)
Special on Activate: Power: Increases Assault Power by 210 for 20.0s. (This gadget is so good because of the 20.0s

Heals

Head

[blue] ‘Adventus’ MA-2H Sacred Cowl – Crafted via Outfitter, so stats are subject to change and can be increased!
29 Moxie
60 Insight
20 Focus Recovery Rate
Special: Focused Will: Dropping below 50% Focus immediately restores 17 Focus. Can only occur every 15.00s.

[blue] Headband of the Jungle Guardian – Sanctuary of the Sword Maiden – Moldwood Overlord Skash
38 Moxie
76 Insight
57 Critical Hit Rating
19 Focus Recovery Rate
+ 2 Rune Slots
———————————-
[blue] Voreth TacHelm – Kel Voreth – Grond the Corpsemaker
57 Brutality
38 Moxie
57 Insight
38 Focus Recovery Rate
+ 2 Rune Slots

Shoulders

[blue] Runic Life Pauldrons – Sanctuary of the Sword Maiden – Moldwood Overlord Skash
31 Moxie
63 Insight
31 Critical Severity Rating
63 Focus Recovery Rate
+ 2 Rune Slots
———————————-
[blue] Caravan Medic Ribbons – Malgrave Trail – Random boss/ event completion reward
38 Moxie
76 Insight
38 Critical Severity Rating
38 Focus Recovery Rate
———————————-
[blue] Battlestained Bloodguards – Siege of Tempest Refuge – Potential boss drop
26 Brutality
50 Moxie
64 Insight
26 Critical Severity Rating
+ 1 Rune Slots

Energy Shield

[Epic] Warden Aegis – Random BOE Veteran Trash/Boss Drop – Check your local Auction House
8120 Shield Capacity Max
+74 Insight
+38 Focus Recovery Rate
Special on Equip: Advantage: When your Shields are above 50% your Primary Stats are increased by 29.
+ 4 Rune Slots
———————————-
[blue] NovaPlus EnerSave Shield – Crimelords of Whitevale – Random Boss/Event completion drop
8400 Shield Capacity Max
48 Moxie
64 Insight
48 Focus Recovery Rate
+ 2 Rune Slots
———————————-
[blue] Mendwell’s Empowering Field – War of the Wilds – Potential reward for capping 3, 7, 9 or 11 flags.
7980 Shield Capacity Max
50 Moxie
57 Insight
35 Focus Recovery Rate
+ 1 Rune Slots
———————————-
[blue] Healos’s Empowering Field – War of the Wilds – Potential reward for capping 3, 7, 9 or 11 flags.
7980 Shield Capacity Max
50 Moxie
57 Insight
35 Focus Recovery Rate
+ 1 Rune Slots
———————————-
[blue] The Heavy Burden – Malgrave Trail – Random Boss/Event completion drop
8400 Shield Capacity Max
38 Brutality
58 Moxie
64 Insight
+ 2 Rune Slots
———————————-
[blue] Lava Whip Aegis – Skullcano – Potential Boss/Trash Drop
8400 Shield Capacity Max
40 Brutality
80 Insight
40 Focus Recovery Rate
+ 2 Rune Slots

Chest

[Epic] Hyper-Threaded Shielding Coat – Siege of Tempest Refuge – Gold
78 Moxie
85 Insight
44 Grit
34 Critical Hit Rating
+ 2 Rune Slots
———————————-
[blue] High Flux Doublet – Stormtalon’s Lair – Stormtalon
43 Brutality
43 Moxie
86 Insight
43 Critical Hit Rating
+ 2 Rune Slots

Gloves

[blue] Thunderclap Armbands – Stormtalon’s Lair – Aethros
35 Moxie
67 Insight
819 Base Health
35 Critical Hit Rating
+ 2 Rune Slots

Legs

[blue] Pants of the Oasis – Malgrave Trail – Random Boss/Event completion drop
43 Brutality
43 Moxie
86 Insight
43 Critical Severity Rating
+ 2 Rune Slots
 ———————————-
[blue] Raider’s Auric Greaves – Skullcano – Thunderfoot
64 Brutality
42 Moxie
75 Insight
32 Critical Severity Rating
+ 2 Rune Slots
 ———————————-
[blue] The Master’s Leg Plates – Kel Voreth – Slavemaster Drokk
64 Support Power
21 Brutality
64 Moxie
64 Strikethrough Rating
+ 2 Rune Slots
 ———————————-
[blue] Haggar’s Ragged Pants – Crimelords of Whitevale – Random boss/ event completion reward
38 Moxie
76 Insight
38 Grit
38 Critical Severity Rating
+ 1 Rune Slots

Feet

[Epic] Wanda’s Rollerboots – Crimelords of Whitevale – Gold
30 Brutality
57 Moxie
72 Insight
30 Critical Hit Rating
+ 2 Rune Slots
———————————-
[blue] Cloudwalkers – Stormtalon’s Lair – Bladewind the Evoker
40 Brutality
40 Moxie
53 Insight
33 Critical Hit Rating
+ 2 Rune Slots
———————————-
[blue] Syke’s Compression Treads – War of the Wilds – Potential reward for capping 3, 7, 9 or 11 flags.
29 Brutality
29 Moxie
44 Insight
44 Critical Hit Rating
+ 1 Rune Slots

Weapon

[Epic] Tyrant Shocker – War of the Wilds – Gold
541 Assault Power
1033 Support Power
38 Moxie
76 Insight
57 Critical Hit Rating
19 Focus Recovery Rate
+ 2 Rune Slots
———————————-
[blue] Black Market Blasters – Crimelords of Whitevale – Random boss/ event completion reward
510 Assault Power
989 Support Power
33 Moxie
67 Insight
33 Critical Hit Rating
33 Focus Recovery Rate
+ 2 Rune Slots
 ———————————-
[blue] Osun Crusader’s Resonators – Kel Voreth – Darkwitch Gurka
525 Assault Power
974 Support Power
56 Brutality
28 Moxie
56 Insight
28 Focus Recovery Rate
+ 2 Rune Slots

Weapon Attachment

[Epic] Flamekin Target Link – Skullcano – Potential Reward for completing boss challenges (You can farm the first mini-boss for this one)
19 Assault Power
76 Insight
47 Critical Hit Rating
47 Critical Severity Rating
+ 2 Rune Slots
———————————-
[blue] Cyclonic Projector – Stormtalon’s Lair – Aethros
33 Brutality
48 Moxie
37 Insight
48 Critical Severity Rating
+ 2 Rune Slots

Support System

[blue] Thundering Quill – Stormtalon’s Lair – Random Trash Drop (BOE – So check your local AH!)
67 Support Power
33 Brutality
33 Insight
33 Focus Recovery Rate
+ 2 Rune Slots
———————————-
[blue] Rejuvenating Core – War of the Wilds – Potential reward for capping 3, 7, 9 or 11 flags.
30 Support Power
30 Moxie
53 Insight
53 Focus Recovery Rate
———————————-
[blue] Kinetic Bolster – Malgrave Trail – Random Boss/Event completion drop
30 Support Power
30 Brutality
53 Moxie
53 Grit
+ 2 Rune Slots

Implant

[Epic] Mindtrace Expeditor – Malgrave Trail – Gold
54 Moxie
73 Insight
54 Critical Hit Rating
+ 2 Rune Slots
———————————-
[blue] Arterial Bonding Agent – Skullcano – Bosun Octog
56 Brutality
64 Insight
40 Focus Recovery Rate
+ 2 Rune Slots
———————————-
[blue] Talon of Rending Skies - Stormtalon’s Lair – Potential Boss Drop
54 Brutality
58 Insight
48 Focus Recovery Rate
+ 2 Rune Slots

Gadget

[Epic] Regenerative Matrix – Stormtalon’s Lair – Potential reward for completing boss challenges
Use: Buffer: Restore 5872 shield to yourself and 4 party members.
———————————
[blue] Protection – Prestiege Vendor – 750 Prestiege
Instantly heals yourself and 4 nearby party or raid members for 5305 and increase their PVP defense by 4,000 for 10.0s. 60.0s cooldown (Sidenote: I love this gadget and Regenerative Matrix and IMHO they are 10x more valuable than any of the +support power gadgets)
———————————-
[Epic] Battlemender’s Phalanx – Siege of Tempest Refuge Gold
Increases Support Power by 383 for 10.0s and causes your next heal to have a 100% chance to Critically Hit.
———————————-
[blue] Empirius’s Determination – War of the Wilds – Potential reward for capping 3, 7, 9 or 11 flags
Increases Support Power by 286 for 10.0s.

Edited by MadCast: Peste

Awards

So I updated some healing stuff based on new data and also put together a second healing build primarily focused around mitigation and shield healing that I think will be very strong.

Awards

I had some people asking questions in TS yesterday about medic, so thought I'd bump this.

Awards

After having healed quite a bit last night I made some updates to a few spells that seem to have been improved since my time in beta.

Awards

Just got to say...I love this class and I know I've only really just scratched the surface ( lowly lvl 12...hehe ).  I love the utility.   I haven't done much healing yet, but I have dicked around a bit with all of the spells as they unlock.  

I really like the role of a mid ranged, fairly mobile caster.  I'm very much looking forward to taking this toon through the ranks in nexus as my main.  Once I get a bit more settled, I'll reach out a bit more.  I've mostly just been casually questing, getting the lay of the land, and chilling on teamspeak.  

Awards

Now with more gear lists!

Awards

I think I really like protection probes.   Going to try this out for a spell.   Any thoughts are appreciated.  

http://ws-base.com/builds/generator/medic#QppKCKCvvMyvqv/720.721.722.682.708.711.651.672.965.966.673.652.674.967.667.681.931.637.638.639.626.627.628.678.654.675.962.963

Awards

I think I really like protection probes.   Going to try this out for a spell.   Any thoughts are appreciated.  

http://ws-base.com/builds/generator/medic#QppKCKCvvMyvqv/720.721.722.682.708.711.651.672.965.966.673.652.674.967.667.681.931.637.638.639.626.627.628.678.654.675.962.963

I'd recommend not using Barrier. Rejuvenator is good, but not really for 5 mans. Better raid spell. Field Probes is difficult to use efficiently due to high movement, but can be great once people have the fight down pat. It's also quite expensive, so you'll need good regen. Consider trying to work in Surgical AMP if you really want to run Field Probes. Also I'd recommend dropping your 2 in Regen and 2 in Shield Capacity to get Scalpel/Forceps and having Shield Surge on your bar.

Awards