MadCast: Spoontoof

A "Server Down" Thread

Ii was thinking maybe there should be a thread to post in when the server goes down, so people can get an idea of what's happening.

The server has been down since this afternoon, and I had to go into TS and ask Kareeda if he knew what was up.

I'm hoping this could be a secondary method of alerting players/admins of issues at hand- other than using TS (when people are signed on but afk/unresponsive)

Edited by MadCast: Spoontoof

Awards

Oh its down? A little relieved, I thought something was going on with my connection. 

Yeah, I'll definitely second your suggestion :)

Yah its been down since about noon EST.

My bad, my bad. How was I supposed to know that that one specific bee in that one specific type of apiary would 'cause the server to crash? x.X

A bee caused it to crash?  Which one, so I know which one not to breed?  At the moment, I just have up the imperial, industrious, and resilient lines.  And the Leoprine bees, cause eggs and silky propolis in a normal/normal client.

Awards

Maybe we should ressurect this thread for the Mimic server? or is there another way to see if the server is up other than to wait the 15min to login?

Awards

I suppose there's no real "is there up/is it down" thing, but one could go to http://server.madcastgaming.com:8123 and see if it loads. That is the livemap of the Mimic server, so if it doesn't load anything that'd mean that the server is down.

But the Mimic server hasn't been down for awhile, it's been pretty stable.

There is a problem connecting to the Mimic server.  

Not sure of the long term solution but maybe unplug it and plug it back in every 48hrs till we can figure it out.

Awards

is there any way to roll back the server one hour from this time? The game glitched and caused me to fall out of the world and lose all of my stuff, I had a ton of stuff that is really hard to get and make on me.... I was the only one on the server