MadCast: Spoontoof

A "Server Down" Thread

Are you able to tell me the coordinates (or maybe a general area) of where you were falling through the world? I have never been able to reproduce this issue, and since I see no errors in server logs or things like that, it's hard to pinpoint the actual problem.

Well, went there, that's in the middle of an ocean, wasn't falling through the world. I'm unsure, could be a forge issue I suppose, which might be fixed in our next version. I also suppose it could be lag, but seeing as how I'm having no issues it might be on your end, like your client might be having issues sending information to the server. I'll try to figure out some more about this, but I might not find anything.

I was roaming around spawn the other night and went down some stairs and all of a sudden got stuck. All around me is pitch black except I can see light where the other half of the stairs are.

Usually if you disconnect and reconnect it will solve that. there is some sort of issue where bars of nothing appear on the map looks like a blue bar on mini map and if you go to the edge you can see the gap and down to 0. 

Awards

I'm afraid not, we don't have a backup close to that time. I don't really understand how people are sometimes falling through the world, I've never seen it happen. Were you trying to sleep when it happened?

it seems to be when you get to a new area and its trying to load while you walk into it.  Or when there is a massive server lag spike and you move the ground disappears and you fall out.

Awards

It's starting up now. Sorry for being so late on it.

Curious though, what were you doing when it went down? Looks like it errored when trying to read the internal settings on an Ender IO conduit. It's like there's a corrupt one somewhere that's loaded or something. Might only be causing an error when something tries to use it, or when conduits are added/removed from the same network.

It's starting up now. Sorry for being so late on it.

Curious though, what were you doing when it went down? Looks like it errored when trying to read the internal settings on an Ender IO conduit. It's like there's a corrupt one somewhere that's loaded or something. Might only be causing an error when something tries to use it, or when conduits are added/removed from the same network.

I wasn't on at all I check that map you showed me before I log in. the last 3 times I've reported have been before I got on. the server has not crashed while I'm on at all.

Awards

Yep, it was the structure generation error that'll be fixed when the next update comes out. I know DrPaladin was exploring, anyone else? Just want to know who's player file I'll have to mess with. :P

Edit: It was DrPaladin, he went to the same place you did when it crashed us, Ted. :( Lol

Edited by MadCast: Soupcup