MadCast Maday

MadCast Teamspeak Relocation on July 9th

On Wednesday July 9th, 2014 we will be moving the MadCast Teamspeak server to it's new home.  There will be 2 options for connecting to the new location.  1st option is to not change your connection details at all, and I will be adjusting the DNS address to ts3.madcastgaming.com to point to the new location.  The 2nd option is to change the server address to:  server.madcastgaming.com.  The 2nd option will not have any downtime since it's a changed address.  The first option will have a brief downtime for some as the address change on our end has to propagate to the various DNS servers across the internet.

The actual change will likely happen that evening/night as I will have to do the change after I am home from work.

The current setup will of course be backed up and then restored at the new location so permissions should still apply as they currently are set.  If anyone has any questions about this, then please feel free to ask them here.

I wouldnt mind the no downtime one, it seems like it is a little less complicated to just direct connect instead of being sent from a different adress.

Awards

Thanks for the heads up Maday! I will likely just change my infor to the new server.madcastgaming.com

Well, I like to see new changes, and I'm sure it's going to be a beneficial one!

Thanks for the heads up!

Does this mean I need to make plans for Guild Missions that night?  A shut down would mean canceling it.  Because the last time we did this it was on a mission night and it was a disaster.

EDIT: Let me know if it would be wiser to postpone to Thursday please, thank you.

Edited by MadCast: Sabre Wolf

The new server will be available immediately but people will need to change the address they are connecting to. It's up to Kit whether or not to rearrange things I suppose. The time you are thinking of was when we were experiencing technical problems with the server but it was not actually a provider switch or anything.

If the new server address is up and ready, we will just redirect peeps over to it then Weds night

Edited by MadCast: Sabre Wolf

This is happening this evening/tonight sometime.

A reminder that you will still need the port number after the address.  So valid addresses will be:  ts3.madcastgaming.com:10028 or server.madcastgaming.com:10028

Dear everyone: http://www.madcastgaming.com/ips/topic/14950-teamspeak-changes-coming-soon/page-2

Based off our experience moving TS3 servers previously, I would suggest the following things:

1. If you DNS provider is Google, then wait. For some reason Google DNS took longer to flush and return the proper IP address.

2. If not Google, please flush your DNS.

3. Try reinstalling TS3.

4. Alternatively, try connecting to the TS3 server directly via the IP address. THE ADDRESS IS NOT TO BE PUBLICLY SHARED OR POSTED. This is to prevent DDOSes. If you want to try the IP address, please try everything else first; then let Maday know what you have tried. See the info in that last thread for ideas of what to try.

Dear everyone: http://www.madcastgaming.com/ips/topic/14950-teamspeak-changes-coming-soon/page-2

Based off our experience moving TS3 servers previously, I would suggest the following things:

1. If you DNS provider is Google, then wait. For some reason Google DNS took longer to flush and return the proper IP address.

2. If not Google, please flush your DNS.

3. Try reinstalling TS3.

4. Alternatively, try connecting to the TS3 server directly via the IP address. THE ADDRESS IS NOT TO BE PUBLICLY SHARED OR POSTED. This is to prevent DDOSes. If you want to try the IP address, please try everything else first; then let Maday know what you have tried. See the info in that last thread for ideas of what to try.

update: myself and a couple others have tried these.  still not up.

update: myself and a couple others have tried these.  still not up.

Yep, it did not work for me at all either.

It is possible there may be something else that needs to be fixed.  If so, let's be patient.  Between the options of having this occur during the week, where we might have to wait for RL obligations to cease for either some additional help or input from Maday, or the weekend, where we would be interrupting prime gametime, I'll opt for the former.

The last time we did this the problem was waiting on the new DNS to fully propogate, this still could be the case.

Would having people flush their DNS fix it? We've had to have clients at work do that when we have transferred servers to get some clients that use email heavily working faster.

There are many tutorials online for those comfortable. But PCs do this themselves overtime so doing it this way would only speed it up. http://www.wikihow.com/Flush-DNS

Awards

Would having people flush their DNS fix it? We've had to have clients at work do that when we have transferred servers to get some clients that use email heavily working faster.

There are many tutorials online for those comfortable. But PCs do this themselves overtime so doing it this way would only speed it up. http://www.wikihow.com/Flush-DNS

Flushing didn't work when it was suggested earlier. I'm sure the others and I don't mind at all being patient. Just means more single player for me! BioShock, mwahahahaha.