MadCast: RedJustice

Close of a Chapter: Guild Wars 2

Over the last two years, Guild Wars 2 has brought the community many outstanding members and fond memories, but MadCast no longer has the administrative resources to effectively support Guild Wars 2.

It has always been a fundamental tenet of MadCast leadership that the community will play what it wants to play. We will continue to support the current members who are still enjoying the game together under the MadCast Gaming tag. Rather than disband the guild, the guild will remain open to MadCast Full Members only. Moving forward, Full Members may request to be added to the guild in this thread. Candidates and Associates will be removed from the guild roster tonight, Wednesday, November 5, 2014, but are welcome to join us in TeamSpeak at any time.

I am saddened by this... Thank you all who worked so hard on this game.  Thank you to the Senior membership for retention of the guild as a MadCast property for use in MadCast.  Its not like you can no longer play with your friends inside or outside of MadCast.  It is an MMO after all.  And events can still be run and done if the need or drive is there.

Edited by MadCast: Sabre Wolf

In this case, administrative is quite literal. We do not have the admins to support an MMO guild.

Does this refer to the RFM level, or SFM level, or both?

Candidates and Associates will be removed from the guild roster tonight, Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Red, since this was just announced today, can we have a few more days for people to add candidates/associates to their GW2 friends lists? I know some of us aren't on every night and I'd like to make sure everyone has a chance to stay connected. Would that be okay?

Alternatively, could a list of the current GW2 Account names on the roster before the cut be posted on the forums?

Edited by MadCast: Lucemiya

A list will be posted in the Guild Wars 2 forums, and I would like to note that I am personally sending each person that is removed a Private Message directing them to this announcement so they are not taken by surprise. We do want to make this as seamless a transition for people as possible.

This truly saddens me.

Great run with you guys, though. Thanks to those who kept it up and running.

Im so saddened by this. GuildWars2 was what brought me into this community. As life has been busy and I haven't had as much time for gaming as I used to, Im shocked this is happening. Thankyou to everyone who was there a year ago in GW2, it was a great experience. Will never forget the good times.

Awards

Seeing this makes me really sad, GW2 was my reason for being here in MadCast now Im not quite sure what do :(

Kind of in the same boat here. 

Awards

Seeing this makes me really sad, GW2 was my reason for being here in MadCast now Im not quite sure what do :(

Kind of in the same boat here. 

We are still able to play together. We are still able to do fractals, dungeon runs, PvP, and so on together. I still see people in the GW2 channel every night. The guild isn't gone, just the official MadCast admin support.